Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4152074 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, a lot of people fall for "golden mean" arguments that will always favor the Republicans because of what whiny bitches they are. When in opposition it's the Democrats refusing to accept they don't rule this nation as royalty and gods without opposition, when in government it's the Democrats flaunting reason and influence to be petulant towards the Republicans.

One of the biggest problems of the Dems is that they won't grow quite enough spine. In a tit-for-tat game the most frequently cheating competitor sets the effective mean. Hopefully this will be the turnaround of that.

Unfortunately it is just how people think in general.

For example when Teachers go on strike... It is because they are greedy and are putting their own needs infront of their students and "shouldn't we not let them strike?"

It isn't... You know... The government's fault the strike happened... Or at least considered no ones fault and it should be between them.

Or rather you know the whole "Stop hitting yourself"? Man... Has that term become hauntingly apropos.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:40:18 pm by Neonivek »

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oops! I remember being banned from this forum years ago for being slightly outside the echo chamber and that shit I said! Very sorry! Sorry!

I'm just here to talk about Dwarf Fortress, idk if anyone here has heard about that game.

I don't want any trouble.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 09:20:43 pm by Rusty Shackleford »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I support Trump. As much a blowhard absolutely novice dipshit that he is. In my view that is a good thing.

Especially considering what was the alternative.

The woman who is working with the New World Order? I did read that article.

Though I do wonder how far this goes. Like, no matter HOW bad Trump does, it is just evidence that Hillary would have done even worse :P

I can just imagine if Hillary actually did become President and started WW3 if the reverse would have happened and we would have been like "Well at least Trump didn't become president, he would have risen Satan from hell"

Oops! I remember being banned from this forum years ago for being slightly outside the echo chamber and that shit I said! Very sorry! Sorry!

Well, I was more criticizing the line of logic you were using and also reversing it so I wasn't just picking on you for liking Trump (which, fair enough.)

Mostly because... yeah the reverse would have probably happened to. (well probably not if it was WW3... I am PRETTY sure most supporters would have probably admitted at that point that Trump was the better deal)

---

Also man take one step outside this forum and it is nothing but... well... not so much Trump support as it is Hillary Hate... even when the topic isn't about US politics.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:14:37 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just here to talk about Dwarf Fortress, idk if anyone here has heard about that game.

Eh? If you got banned years ago, then how come your registry is in March?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

...Because that is when they made the new account?
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Though just admitting "yo I got banned" is pretty much a good-bye, cuz he'll probably get banned again, for ban-dodging.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

No I disagree entirely Neo. In a sense I'm glad Trump won for one reason, and that's because if he didn't win, his entire non-existant presidency would have been consecrated by the magical power of imagination. It would have ascended to the glorious realm of Is-Not, where everything was wondeful, while a Clinton Administration is dogged by reality Everyone who didn't like Trump would say "Well we dodged a bullet there" and move on to political theatrics for the new Clinton Administration. Meanwhile, everyone who liked him would have been free to imagine him doing all those things he said he'd do, with those plans never having to interact with reality at all. Plus, all those nonsensical "Clinton will win because she will steal the election" comments! Oh god, it's not even fun to think about.

Now the man has to do shit. None of these cockamamie "I like him because I like Ike, and Donald Trump is Ike!" non-sequiturs I hear so much about. There are no more hypotheticals. There's no "I like him because his opponent sucks," because he has no more opponents. He can't be evaluated for being better than Obama, no matter how hard he tries to be (and damn, does he try to be!).

Eh? If you got banned years ago, then how come your registry is in March?
The name is familiar to me, but if he doesn't want to be banned that's fine by me, I've never reported anyone but that recurrent shock image spammer. He should just avoid mentioning that he's practicing ban evasion.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Truthfully I was trying to be fair.

I am the one who got Trump elected >_< mostly to teach the USA a lesson...

A lesson they are kind of failing to learn because all of Trump's supporters are so stringent in support of him. He has what? 90% approval rating with Republicans?

Even Obama WISHES he held that kind of fervent belief on the Democrat side... and he didn't set the White House on fire.

-------
-------

Tell me the truth everyone...

Am I seriously going to have to watch the Documentary: "Hillary's America" to understand the Hillary hate?

Because I seriously do not want to watch such a weirdly slanderous movie.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 01:16:28 am by Neonivek »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

The primary reason I didn't vote for hillary is because I want to fight the two party system and all else being equal I'd vote third party on principal.  I didn't like either so I found some third party to vote for that I at least agreed with most of what I could find on their stances online. I honestly don't even remember who it was.  It wasn't a protest vote.  When I do a protest vote I do a write in of Vermin Supreme.

The secondary reason is because there were a number of things in the past from well before the election cycle even began, unfortunately very vague things that I don't remember the details of, that makes me hate her.   And while I admit to not remembering what those things are exactly, I know they were from years ago.  So it certainly wasn't a result of trump's smear campaign unless he was playing the reaaaaaly long game.  May have been part of a more general republican one though, since as I said, I don't remember what it was.  It was just a very primal 'no' feeling the moment I heard she was running. 

The only thing I really remember was an anti videogames thing a few years back, but I know that was not the only thing, and I understand that was not quite as bad as the internet news made it out to be.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 01:49:40 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

No I disagree entirely Neo. In a sense I'm glad Trump won for one reason, and that's because if he didn't win, his entire non-existant presidency would have been consecrated by the magical power of imagination. It would have ascended to the glorious realm of Is-Not, where everything was wondeful, while a Clinton Administration is dogged by reality Everyone who didn't like Trump would say "Well we dodged a bullet there" and move on to political theatrics for the new Clinton Administration. Meanwhile, everyone who liked him would have been free to imagine him doing all those things he said he'd do, with those plans never having to interact with reality at all. Plus, all those nonsensical "Clinton will win because she will steal the election" comments! Oh god, it's not even fun to think about.

Now the man has to do shit. None of these cockamamie "I like him because I like Ike, and Donald Trump is Ike!" non-sequiturs I hear so much about. There are no more hypotheticals. There's no "I like him because his opponent sucks," because he has no more opponents. He can't be evaluated for being better than Obama, no matter how hard he tries to be (and damn, does he try to be!).
Pretty much what happened to Bernie.  After he lost the primary he caught up a peripheral audience of libertarian and younger alt right people.  Much as I would have loved a Sanders presidency... I doubt that crowd would have enjoyed it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay I didn't get banned, I got reprimanded for playing devils advocate a bit too enthusiastically and just forgot my password after several years.

Still its for the best that I refrain from posting here.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty much what happened to Bernie.  After he lost the primary he caught up a peripheral audience of libertarian and younger alt right people.  Much as I would have loved a Sanders presidency... I doubt that crowd would have enjoyed it.

Alt right supported sanders now? I love how that term, which if it has any consistent definition it refers to internet trolls and steve bannon, is just a catchall to refer to anyone that didn't fall in line behind the rightful queen.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

The use of "peripheral audience" seems to indicate EH was referring to the Let This Motherfucker Burn vote, who preferred both Bernie and Trump on a nonpartisan antiestablishment basis, as well as those Trump voters who wanted Trump vs. Bernie to ensure an antiestablishment outcome.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/331512-trump-us-needs-a-good-shutdown

Trump is advocating for a government shutdown in September.....  wut...

How about we go for a default to 'fix this mess', huh Trump? Wanna go there?

I never thought a US President would actually advocate for a government shutdown, and a 'shutdown' isn't going to fix anything. I mean, seriously..........

I shouldn't be surprised, yet, I'm a bit surprised he even went there.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should know by now not to take Trump's words seriously anymore when it comes to these things. His actions speak. His words don't. The less we focus on the inanity he spews, the better.

Still, he's President, his words are supposed to be taken seriously.

Yes, we should focus on his actions, but as President, everything he says gets microanalyzed.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:09:13 am by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 3563