Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4155248 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So today is the day of the march for science. Wonder how big this is going to be. Their are a ton of people gathered in my city.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

That's a lot of people speechcrafting. Watch out for rogue Cthulus.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Well since this thread is quiet, it may be worth mentioning this article: How Trump Blew Up the Conservative Media.

It's interesting. Trump seemed like the second coming of the right-wing media, and yet they're all in internal chaos. WSJ is in civil war (a pro-trump editor-in-chief demanding the paper stay neutral regarding Trump, and reporters and writers who disagree vehemently), Fox News lost their founder and a number of others (including, most recently Bill O'Reilly, which I'm surprised no one mentioned) to internal scandal, and Breitbart, better suited to attacking things than defending them or creating policy, faces the prospect of having to hold Trump to his nationalist positions. Conservative media finds itself, for once, out of step with its audience; having to support Trump even when he deviates from ideological orthodoxy (and also ethical orthodoxy, but they haven't shown any reluctance to that in the past).
Despite their friendship, Ailes found himself unable to control Trump during the campaign, according to one Fox News host. As the candidate would, say, berate prime-time host Kelly as a “bimbo,” Ailes would “tell him, ‘Hey, Donald, settle the fuck down,’” the host told me. Ailes was known as a control freak who kept the lid on problems at Fox by instilling fear in his subordinates, but Trump wasn’t a subordinate and couldn’t be kept in line. Ailes vented privately to at least one associate, telling him that Trump was crazy. (Susan Estrich, Ailes’ attorney, denied this.) But Ailes also worried—from a business perspective—that tilting the network against Trump was just as crazy. And he “became legitimately afraid Trump would start his own network” if he lost the race, says another on-air personality.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Trump was the second coming of the alternative media, not right-wing media

For example, water filter merchant network has expanded dramatically

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Trump was the second coming of the alternative media, not right-wing media

For example, water filter merchant network has expanded dramatically
It's very offensive the way people focus on his water filter business as a way to demean him.

He also sells bulletproof vests.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Best way I heard it put is:  Saying Korea was once part of china is like saying southern england was once part of italy.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Tbh no on in England would give a shit
It's more like saying Ukraine was once a part of Russia

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Best way I heard it put is:  Saying Korea was once part of china is like saying southern england was once part of italy.

Well... I am not sure that is EXACTLY accurate... I... think China was still technically China when it owned Korea. (well ok... it was named something else entirely...)

While Italy was... well... Not Italy at all.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Three Kingdoms China best China

3 China for the price of 1 Heaven's mandate

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, Korea WAS under Yuan (Mongol) rule as a vassal state and the Joseon right after that was a tributary state as well. So, Korea was never actually a part of China at any point.

It's as much a part of China as Ireland is a part of the UK. Meaning Ireland was kind of a vassal state of the UK for a while, but was never a part of Britian, if you will.

Well... I am not sure that is EXACTLY accurate... I... think China was still technically China when it owned Korea. (well ok... it was named something else entirely...)

You mean when it was under Mongol rule?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ireland was never part of Great Britain, always part of the British Isles, and for a large amount of time completely part of the United Kingdom (regardless of some local sensibilities), though now only part of it is (again, despite some local opinions), with the rest having phased out of the UK by degrees in the interim.

Wales has been more a vassal state of England, and largely remains so in legal terms.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

China doesn't really believe in several countries.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You mean when it was under Mongol rule?

Well... that alone is a complicated history.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 3563