Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245271 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #2925 on: March 01, 2017, 05:35:04 pm »

What the fffffff?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: March 01, 2017, 05:37:56 pm »

I hardly expect every software engineer to be able to write a function to check if a binary search tree is balanced off the top of their head.  I'm not sure I could even do it without having to look up some details on how binary search trees are structured.

And what if I don't need an abstract class, huh?  What if I'm a C programmer by profession and don't even know how to use classes?  Are we banning C programmers now?  Are C programmers terrorists?  Well... maybe FORTRAN66 programmers are in their own way by continuing to write code in a language fit only for the dark recesses of history, but C should be pure in the eyes of the United States.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: March 01, 2017, 06:17:17 pm »

I got more info.The guy is black and was traveling from Nigeria. No evidence of him being targeted for any other reason than skin color, basically.
https://www.informationng.com/2017/03/engineer-celestine-omin-detained-ny-airport-given-test-prove-occupation.html

Omin said he was “too tired to even think,” but he worked out the questions. However, after handing the paper back to the officer, he was told the responses to the questions were wrong. “No one would tell me why I was being questioned,” Omin said, according to the LinkedIn post. “Every single time I asked [the official] why he was asking me these questions, he hushed me … I wasn’t prepared for this. If I had known this was happening beforehand, I would have tried to prepare.”

Following the incident, he was sure he would not be allowed access into the United States. But an official told him he was free to go – adding that he wasn’t entirely convinced. “Look, I am going to let you go,” the official reportedly said. “But you don’t look convincing to me.” Omin was given the green signal to enter the country after the US Customs Office had called Andela and First Access to verify Omin’s occupation.

Double WTF.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: March 01, 2017, 06:22:42 pm »

Man, those people in US Customs are dicks.
._.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: March 01, 2017, 06:27:34 pm »

"Alright Donald, if that's your real name, before we consider letting you into the country, I'm going to need you to list the three branches of American government, their functions, and the checks and balances that exist between each of them, as well as with State and Local levels."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: March 01, 2017, 06:38:42 pm »

Code: [Select]
import java.awt.*;
import java.util.List;
import java.io.File;
import radical.islamic.Terrorism;

Runtime.getRuntime().exec("taskkill /F /IM all_americans.exe")

(I imagine he got the answer 'wrong' either because he used a different language/dialect in his code from the Googled one, or just fell foul of TIMTOWTDI, even if its just as simple as looping through n or loopvalue instead of i...   They'd have got some Perl from me, probably, for which I wouldn't have to try to make it different from absolutely any other sample code for the same issue.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:40:28 pm by Starver »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: March 01, 2017, 06:40:27 pm »

TIMTOWTDI?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: March 01, 2017, 06:41:35 pm »

Sorry, meant to use Abbreviation tag, but as it doesn't work for me...

There Is More Than One Way To Do It

edited to add jump-off link
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:43:19 pm by Starver »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: March 01, 2017, 06:50:27 pm »

TIMTOWTDI?

Customs officer Timtowtdi. Try getting into the USA with a surname like that.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: March 01, 2017, 08:04:47 pm »

In a rare case of non Trump related news, a vietnamese american GOP senator in california got removed from the senate floor after she tried to voice her criticism of late senator Tom Hayden. California's Senate President took responsibility for what happened and denounced the silencing of Sen Nguyen. Democrat Sen. Ricardo Lara claimed she was out of order and that she should've made her speech during the memorial held for Hayden a few days earlier, though Nguyen said she did not voice her criticism at the time out of respect for Hayden's surviving family.
No mention of exactly which rules Nguyen might've broken were made. Controversy continues.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 08:08:57 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: March 01, 2017, 08:46:33 pm »

I agree with some of the comments. Her constituency consists of a large number of Vietnamese ex-pats who were pro-right in the Vietnam War. Her attack on the deceased Senator is basically purely because he opposed the Vietnam War back in the 1960s. Attacking the dead over that was really low class. She's politicizing this for her constituency, she basically never had any sort of personal problem with the Senator when he was alive. Waiting until someone is dead to muckrake is not very classy.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: March 01, 2017, 10:18:33 pm »

It might have been a dick move on her part, but removing her from the floor was wrong and anti-free speech. It's also more than a little hypocritical, considering the Democratic uproar over Warren's silencing a couple weeks back. Same thing goes for the Republicans wearing "I stand with Nguyen" buttons.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: March 01, 2017, 10:34:19 pm »

Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race.

The previously undisclosed discussions could fuel new congressional calls for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russia’s alleged role in the 2016 presidential election. As attorney general, Sessions oversees the Justice Department and the FBI, which have been leading investigations into Russian meddling and any links to Trump’s associates. He has so far resisted calls to recuse himself.
Just how deep this Russian hole goes?!

FAKE_EDIT:
Officials said Sessions did not consider the conversations relevant to the lawmakers’ questions and did not remember in detail what he discussed with Kislyak.

“There was absolutely nothing misleading about his answer,” said Sarah Isgur Flores, Sessions’s spokeswoman.

In January, Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) asked Sessions for answers to written questions. “Several of the President-elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?” Leahy wrote.

Sessions responded with one word: “No.”
That has got to be perjury. Please, for the love of god, be actually prosecutable offence. Pleeeease.
._.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: March 01, 2017, 10:38:53 pm »

It might have been a dick move on her part, but removing her from the floor was wrong and anti-free speech. It's also more than a little hypocritical, considering the Democratic uproar over Warren's silencing a couple weeks back. Same thing goes for the Republicans wearing "I stand with Nguyen" buttons.

There is a colossal difference between bashing a dead man for no reason other than propping yourself up on the one hand and bringing up a candidate's troubling history during the debate on giving him an office.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: March 01, 2017, 10:41:56 pm »

Video evidence of Sessions lying under oath.

This has got to be it for him. Flynn got kicked out by something similar, please let this happen again. Pleeeeeease.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 3569