Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 3570

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4255056 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #2250 on: February 19, 2017, 10:37:30 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2251 on: February 20, 2017, 01:33:37 am »

The Guardian talks about PC culture.

Sort of.

That is delightful, thank you.

Since it has come up recently, McCain did vote against Trump; he voted no over the nomination of Mick Mulvaney as director of the Office of Management and Budget.

He joins 3 other Republicans (Rand Paul, and those 2 who voted against Betsy DeVos) in voting against Trump.

Good to hear. I hope he keeps it up.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: February 20, 2017, 02:19:42 am »

The Guardian talks about PC culture.

Sort of.

That's not a new PC culture. That's just standard political correctness. What's correct to one group is not correct to another. When establishments switches places, what is the correct opinions to express changes.
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: February 20, 2017, 02:39:24 am »

...the difference is that the alt-right was complaining about PC culture the whole time.  They're still complaining about PC culture.  Its not hypocrisy in the case of liberals because liberals were honest about it.

Also you have to admit there's a difference between "you can't say faggot" and r/ The_Donald.  Not exactly equivalent opposites.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: February 20, 2017, 03:08:00 am »

I didn't say they were "equal opposites". What I mean is that they are the same social mechanics.
Love, scriver~

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: February 20, 2017, 03:52:35 am »

Real question is when we'll have our first silicon president
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: February 20, 2017, 03:56:59 am »

God dammit I had a joke but remembered that silicon and silicone are different things and couldn't go through with it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: February 20, 2017, 04:00:35 am »

Silicon president will be here any minute. Consider current standards, then consider Tay's credentials:

- completely at home on twitter
- obliviously makes insensitive remarks
- manipulated by 4chan
- less scandal-prone than current president
- knows the same amount about politics as current president
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 04:09:59 am by Reelya »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: February 20, 2017, 04:06:52 am »

Oh god, Tay for president!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: February 20, 2017, 04:13:53 am »

The only problem is Tay's age. To run for office in 2020 she must be 35 years old. I think we can wrangle that by building a kernel for her that runs on a 1985 80386-12MHz PC. But in the 2024 re-election bid she can be rehoused on an 80486DX-25 from 1989. She'll have double the smarts during her second term. Humans can't do that. Human presidents are doomed.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: February 20, 2017, 06:44:14 am »

Trump's minister of Defense, Jim Mattis, has publicly distanced himself from what Trump said earlier. He stressed that the US have not come to Iraq to steal anyone's oil.

During his campaign, but also last month, during his visit to CIA headquarters, Trump had said that the US could appropriate all oil in territories liberated from IS.
"winner takes the spoils", he said.

Mattis distanced himself from those words when he arrived in Bagdad for a surprise visit.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: February 20, 2017, 07:48:04 am »

Yeah that's a war crime under international laws which USA is a signatory to. Breaks all the treaties.

If you want to do so, you're supposed to bribe some local leaders to sign a deal with you giving a contract to your buddies to extract the oil. That's what Bush did with Texan oil company Hunt Oil, who did a deal with Iraqi Kurdistan to get cheap oil. That's how you work around it. But just marching in with armies and unilaterally declared "dis oil is America's" is a crime.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: February 20, 2017, 07:54:05 am »

Mattis distanced himself from those words when he arrived in Bagdad for a surprise visit.
Who was surprised? I can just see Mattis being redirected to Bagdad by Trump, whilst he slept on the plane he thought was going to review Midway or something, and at a moment's notice having to handle yet another decision made above his head, once he alighted...

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: February 20, 2017, 08:43:18 am »

Yeah that's a war crime under international laws which USA is a signatory to. Breaks all the treaties.

If you want to do so, you're supposed to bribe some local leaders to sign a deal with you giving a contract to your buddies to extract the oil. That's what Bush did with Texan oil company Hunt Oil, who did a deal with Iraqi Kurdistan to get cheap oil. That's how you work around it. But just marching in with armies and unilaterally declared "dis oil is America's" is a crime.

This is why Trump's impulsivity and ignorance combine to render him a useless President.  His policies, as abhorrent as they may be, are nowhere remotely as bad and dangerous as his incompetence.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: February 20, 2017, 09:36:27 am »

Not sure if it's a war crime per se, but it'd certainly be against international norms. Doing war purely to plunder is a thing we (as in humanity) don't do anymore. At least not in the way Trump thinks of it. The plundering these days is more subtle.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 09:37:58 am by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 3570