Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4238821 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #1380 on: February 08, 2017, 03:16:59 pm »

Philidelphia Senator Daylin Leach (D), in response to Trump's threat to "destroy" a (the?) senator's career, called Trump a "fascist, loofa-faced shit-gibbon."

Beyond a doubt, never in American history has a white president been so insulted. What will those democrats stoop to next?

That made me crack up. Tell it like it is, comrade!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1381 on: February 08, 2017, 04:10:24 pm »

I hear Betsy DeVos is saying that bears in school could protect students from guns. Or something like that. Makes sense to me.

The right to armored bears is very important.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 08, 2017, 04:12:34 pm »

So Trump made a bad slip considering mingling business interests with his presidency, when he critisized clothing retailer Nordstrom for their descision to discontinue his daughter Ivanka's clothing brand.
He Tweeted on both his personal as well as his presidential account "My daughter has been treated so unfairly by Nordstrom. She is a fantastic person - always fighting for me to do the right thing. Terrible!"

Directly after his Tweets, Nordstrom stocks dropped, only to recover, and become the best performing stock on Wall Street.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/trump-haalt-uit-naar-warenhuis-om-schrappen-kledinglijn-ivanka~a4459841/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/08/business/ivanka-trump-nordstrom-tj-maxx.html
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 08, 2017, 04:19:31 pm »

The Nordstrom company said the decision was made based on business factors (sales slump) and not politics. Nordstrom is what's called a "Fast Fashion" outlet - they change their line up rapidly, so it's natural that designer brands are a revolving door. Trump overstep conflict of interest but he also fails to understand the fashion industry. Probably not a surprise that Ivanka Trump sales are dropping.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:29:07 pm by Reelya »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 08, 2017, 04:26:18 pm »

Every time I start to think that the problem with Trump is that his supporters are disconnected from his actual actions, I check out /r/asktrumpsupporters.
That subreddit is so... odd.  Both sides are acting under this fake veil of ignorance about recent events.

Also Trump supporters are apparently called "Nimble Navigators" and I have no idea what that means, especially since non-supporters and undecided have very simple terms for themselves.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 08, 2017, 04:29:21 pm »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 08, 2017, 04:39:56 pm »

So its meaningless then?  Its just a cool sounding phrase from a music video, that Trump supporters adopted.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 08, 2017, 04:42:10 pm »

It sounds like a Scholastic VHS series distributed to schools to explain to kids how to use the Internet safely and responsibly.

"Alright Nimble Navigators, now click on your address bar. Good job! You'll be navigating on the Web in no time!"
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 08, 2017, 04:50:09 pm »

They would have said the full "world wide web" back then however.

I even saw a movie from the early days of the web, where a supposed "expert" gave an address and actually said "world wide web dot ...". I kid you not. Way to sound hip to the groovy jive the kid's speak.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1389 on: February 08, 2017, 04:56:17 pm »

So its meaningless then?  Its just a cool sounding phrase from a music video, that Trump supporters adopted.
It's just a meme. You know those MLG youtube compilations with quickscoping, dewritos, cancer and airhorns? Some peep made a whole series of that on Trump that became very popular in his campaign towards becoming POTUS, and the intro was narrated by one of those narrators for NatGeo describing the hunting method of a centipede. Part of the description involved describing how despite its impressive length the centipede is a nimble navigator, and the name stuck

So basically it's covered in about 5 layers of irony, so if you don't get it, don't feel bad - there is no hidden meaning underneath, it is meaningless.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 08, 2017, 05:08:38 pm »

Dont be ridiculous !

The  Nimble Navigators are a secret society that have dedicated themselves to being disciples of the Artful Dodger himself, The eponymous D. Trump!

Just look at how he repeatedly sidestepped dangerous lines of questioning during the campaign, while saying NOTHING!

(LOL)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 08, 2017, 06:02:08 pm »

They would have said the full "world wide web" back then however.

I even saw a movie from the early days of the web, where a supposed "expert" gave an address and actually said "world wide web dot ...". I kid you not. Way to sound hip to the groovy jive the kid's speak.
"World Wide Web" is three syllables (possibly four, with some accents1). "Dubya dubya dubya" is six or nine (depending on local stresses, even without RP enunciated "double-you").  And as well as shorter, also easier to be more intelligable with the "longhand" words...

1 As some like Norn Aresh render "film" as "fill-um", there's also possibly "wor-uld" (esp. in parts of Tyneside), give or take.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1392 on: February 08, 2017, 06:45:39 pm »

double u double u double u

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 08, 2017, 06:57:36 pm »

The Nordstrom company said the decision was made based on business factors (sales slump) and not politics. Nordstrom is what's called a "Fast Fashion" outlet - they change their line up rapidly, so it's natural that designer brands are a revolving door. Trump overstep conflict of interest but he also fails to understand the fashion industry. Probably not a surprise that Ivanka Trump sales are dropping.

It's also pretty openly corrupt to exploit the office of President so brazenly for profit.  It's the kind of thing you expect from a kleptocratic failed state.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 08, 2017, 07:36:19 pm »

In other news, the Trumpet fucked a duck with his "hey team let's quickly decide on something that a President would take lengthy consultation sessions with experts for", a member of Seal Team 6 died, a bunch of Yemeni civilians died, and now Yemen nixed us running counter-terrorism ops in their territory.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 3567