Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4223062 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #660 on: February 02, 2017, 05:41:44 pm »

Okay so there are two possibilities when it comes to Trump:

He believes everything he says and will make good on it.
This puts him as the dumbest president yet.
He doesn't believe everything he says, but is a master manipulator who will make good on everything he says.
This puts him in the same boat as a criminal mastermind.

But the third option: He is just saying what his advisor wants, and is just a political puppet to the presidency. And thus is both dumb enough to believe this shit and smart enough to get what he wants.

HE IS FRY FROM FUTURAMA.

What version of Trump do you prefer?
Dumb as a balls
Criminal mastermind
Puppet to the presidency.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 02, 2017, 05:44:45 pm »

http://www.reuters.com/article/rpb-adlertrump-idUSKBN15F276

So the international news organization will be covering the Trump administration the same way they do some other authoritarian nations in the world. Fun times ahead.

Not quite how I read it. I think it's more of a tacit reply to the whole idea of fake news by explaining who they are and who they stand for in a more direct, relatable way, even under circumstances that thwart of political journalism.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 02, 2017, 05:46:09 pm »

http://www.reuters.com/article/rpb-adlertrump-idUSKBN15F276

So the international news organization will be covering the Trump administration the same way they do some other authoritarian nations in the world. Fun times ahead.

Sounds more like 'business as usual' and a general reaffirming of journalistic values.

The Trump adminstration has been about as hostile as some of the more press-hostile Presidents that we've had. So far.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 02, 2017, 05:50:50 pm »

It would be funny if he decided to make a running gag out of the shitty gift thing, or continue it.

What did Bush 43, Bill Clinton, Bush 41, Reagan, and others give?

I dunno about the others but Bush Jr. famously gave her a bronze statuette that was a replica of this statue (because Texas.) On other occasions he gave her a mahogany box with an eagle relief in sterling silver (quite attractive but a bit loud,) and some "original documents of historical significance" from the national archives. I don't know what he got in return.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 02, 2017, 05:51:47 pm »

Glad that you guys are more optimistic because I read it as "when the lynch mobs come after you, you know what to do" kind of thing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 02, 2017, 05:53:34 pm »

It would be funny if he decided to make a running gag out of the shitty gift thing, or continue it.
I've repeatedly heard rumor that it's already a running gag, but can find no clear confirmation or denial. I suppose it might be the Queen's injoke or something, which would make confirming difficult.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 02, 2017, 06:57:12 pm »

The Southpark creators have said in an interview that Trump & Co are too hard to sartirize.

It's really hard to make fun of and in the last season of South Park, which just ended a month-and-a-half ago, we were really trying to make fun of what was going on but we couldn't keep up and what was actually happening was much funnier than anything we could come up with.

... and here's proof. Sean Spicer, your goddamned Whitehouse Press Secretary, got the named of the Prime Minister of Australia wrong:
http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/the-white-house-cant-even-get-our-prime-ministers-name-right/news-story/d01f8590e506fff7fce9466d5d67f5c1

“The President had a very cordial conversation with Prime Minister ‘Trumble’,” said Mr Spicer.
“While he has respect for the Australian people, and respect for Prime Minister ‘Trumble’ ... the deal that was cut by the last administration is something he is extremely upset with.”

Immense fucking respect, literally showered with so much respect that sticky globs of respect are dripping off the face of my country. Not that I like Turnbull, but it's still insulting if your top diplomats can't get the name straight.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:08:49 pm by Reelya »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 02, 2017, 07:05:28 pm »

Not really Ameripol, but: Germany's SPD has announced that Martin Schulz will be their candidate for the 2017 election a week ago. This has apparently spawned /r/the_schulz, in the same spirit as /r/the_donald, complete with rare pepes and Gottkanzler memes.

The difference? We're building bridges, to get the good hombres in.

Go check it out - it's pretty funny even if you don't know German. And maybe it'll soothe your pain a bit. Maybe we'll beat the alt-right with its own weapons.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 02, 2017, 07:06:35 pm »

He'll be rechristened as Slutz by Sean Spicer. Better than President Mookow you have now though.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 02, 2017, 07:08:01 pm »

/President/ Mookow? My oh my, that's some low-energy satire right there.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 02, 2017, 07:10:10 pm »

No, see the last post, it's because Sean Spicer got the name of the Australian Prime Minister wrong. I was making fun of the fact that their media spokesman can't remember names properly. Or titles for that matter, which is why I made her a President.

If they can't deal with English names, what hope German?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 02, 2017, 07:21:17 pm »

Glad that you guys are more optimistic because I read it as "when the lynch mobs come after you, you know what to do" kind of thing.

Act like journalistic ethics demand?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 02, 2017, 07:25:54 pm »

The Southpark creators have said in an interview that Trump & Co are too hard to sartirize.

It's really hard to make fun of and in the last season of South Park, which just ended a month-and-a-half ago, we were really trying to make fun of what was going on but we couldn't keep up and what was actually happening was much funnier than anything we could come up with.

... and here's proof. Sean Spicer, your goddamned Whitehouse Press Secretary, got the named of the Prime Minister of Australia wrong:
http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/the-white-house-cant-even-get-our-prime-ministers-name-right/news-story/d01f8590e506fff7fce9466d5d67f5c1

“The President had a very cordial conversation with Prime Minister ‘Trumble’,” said Mr Spicer.
“While he has respect for the Australian people, and respect for Prime Minister ‘Trumble’ ... the deal that was cut by the last administration is something he is extremely upset with.”

Immense fucking respect, literally showered with so much respect that sticky globs of respect are dripping off the face of my country. Not that I like Turnbull, but it's still insulting if your top diplomats can't get the name straight.

No, see the last post, it's because Sean Spicer got the name of the Australian Prime Minister wrong. I was making fun of the fact that their media spokesman can't remember names properly. Or titles for that matter, which is why I made her a President.

If they can't deal with English names, what hope German?

I googled Trumble real quick and it's an actual word, an actual last name anyway. I also attempted to spellcheck it in word and on iphone, and while the iphone's alternate was 'turnbuckle', it's pretty hard to see how it would be blamed on a spellcheck problem (not that anybody has).

As for German, how about Eastern European names? Those would be hard for any of US to spell correctly the first time.

But yeah, it's really bad that they keep misspelling peoples names. Misspelling Theresa May's name? Okay, I suppose it could be passed off as learning curve and possibly due to British spelling, but when they keep it up, it starts looking really, really, bad.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 02, 2017, 07:29:52 pm »

OMG what they did it to Britain too?

At least President Trupeau has escaped.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 02, 2017, 07:33:40 pm »

ugh not looking forward to four more years of President Tump
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 3566