Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4213563 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2017, 03:29:26 am »

Dont be rediculous. according to the ruling by (redacted) for the case of (redacted) vs (redacted), the intelligence community has the power to (redacted) as long as (redacted.) That's what FISA courts ARE *FOR* citizen!

No laws are broken, new (redacted) ones are created that are essential for national security because of (redacted)!!

It is absolutely necessary for the state to (redacted) in order to keep you safe, citizen!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2017, 03:32:38 am »

It verges on the conspiratorial, but what if Trump knows what he's doing? Or, if not Trump, Bannon? That this chaos is the ends, or perhaps a means to some future manipulation? To draw a parallel, a student who gets 45% on a test clearly didn't study; a student who gets exactly 0% clearly worked very hard indeed.

I think he has no own idea on what he's doing, he's throwing a collection of proposal that heard around (most of those passed in the congress one form or another already) hoping most stick and he's doing it this way because while inexperienced as a president he definitely knows about protesters fatigue and how to splinter media around gazillion issues so that nobody can follow.

No, no, I want him to respond. Should be easy to, considering how I've been hearing of the dangers these refugees pose for at least a year now. Must've done something awful to some innocent Americans for such a bad rep.

You've the opportunity to learn from Europe, but eh. Let's make this really really specific by ignoring all the places they actually are in number.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:34:39 am by LoSboccacc »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 30, 2017, 03:40:16 am »

No, no, I want him to respond. Should be easy to, considering how I've been hearing of the dangers these refugees pose for at least a year now. Must've done something awful to some innocent Americans for such a bad rep.

Your question is about refugees, his order is about Visa's. So your question is out of the point. But you had two this year in the US, and quite a bit more in Europe. That's with the current , quite substantial, monitoring in place. But I guess some peoples want to monitor you more, and importing peoples from terrorist hotbets will give them a great reason why.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 30, 2017, 03:49:51 am »

He didn't ban visa holders from Morocco last I checked.
Huh? I'm not aware of Europe doing that either, what do you mean?

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 30, 2017, 03:56:32 am »

Abdul Razak Ali Artan, and Dahir Ahmed Adan were not born in the US, and were Somali refugees.

Anyway, there are hundred of thousand of peoples that would gladly kill you in these countries, so yeah, not a stupid thing to do.
Well the US was already doing that anyway, so this is more for show than anything else, but it's nothing out of the ordinary, and calling it a "Muslim ban" like I saw some doing, is an outright lie.

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2017, 04:15:40 am »

Anyway, there are hundred of thousand of peoples that would gladly kill you in these countries, so yeah, not a stupid thing to do.
Don't intend to make this heat up at all, but probably good to know that this was actually a deflection, intentional or not.

It's just that, well, if you wait that terrorist are in the country blowing things up to act, you're late and you failed.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2017, 04:22:27 am »

You're more likely to get struck by lightning than die to a terrorist attack in the states however. The end game for terrorist attacks have more or less been, as far as the west is concerned at least, to have governments turn more and more autocratic to boost local recruitment.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2017, 04:29:08 am »

You're more likely to get struck by lightning than die to a terrorist attack in the states however. The end game for terrorist attacks have more or less been, as far as the west is concerned at least, to have governments turn more and more autocratic to boost local recruitment.

That's not false, but governments have been glad to cooperate until now, and it looks like they are the one that profit the most from this. Obama and Bush gave Trump unparalleled power, up to and including murdering Americans on American soil. That one is a gift from Obama...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 05:04:27 am by Phmcw »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2017, 06:59:13 am »

Or Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do for the reason he listed?

Banning temporary citizens from a series of hotbed of Islamic terrorism until they rework their admission criteria is rather logical. Giving priority to Christians, clearly more at risks, makes perfect sense.
... it's a point of order, but saying christians are clearly more at risk in the regions being discussed is just kinda'... wrong. Kinda' substantially, really; that perfect sense is limbaugh-tier sense, that doesn't really hold up very well when tested. The primary, most likely, and most numerous victims of terrorism in the middle east and surrounding regions have been and will continue to be muslims. You might try to argue one non-muslim minority or another is per capita more likely to see trouble, but I'd be a bit surprised if even that was true, tbh. Whatever various sorts of rhetoric may be, most of the populations at meaningful risk for terrorism in these regions are not christian, or western, or white, or anything along similar lines, it's muslims, and muslim and/or arabic minorities, being targeted for one reason or another by extremist groups.

Turns out insurrection attempts have a habit of being more invested in screwing with local demographics that actually have control of power they care about, instead of foreigners or local minorities that barely exist (in regards to either population, political influence, or both). Still screw with the latter when it's of propaganda related benefit, but... it ain't why most of 'em are there, or what they're primarily there to do, or what's soaking up the highest body count.

... basically, if you're going to prioritize a religious minority for reasons that have little to nothing to do with reality, or apply to a great deal of other groups you're ignoring, just. Fess up, y'know? Don't try to hide that shit behind a false veil of concern. Not necessarily directed at phm in particular, that, but as a general thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2017, 07:03:27 am »

That's not false, but governments have been glad to cooperate until now, and it looks like they are the one that profit the most from this. Obama and Bush gave Trump unparalleled power, up to and including murdering Americans on American soil. That one is a gift from Obama...

Murdering US citizens on US soil? Source pleace?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2017, 07:11:50 am »

Not sure if this is the proper place to ask for this, but have they identified the people involved in the attack at that mosque in Quebec yet?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2017, 07:20:09 am »

Two suspects were apparently arrested. I can't find anything about who they are however.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 30, 2017, 07:22:54 am »

Two suspects were apparently arrested. I can't find anything about who they are however.

Some local website claims one is Morrocan and one is Québécois but no source.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 30, 2017, 08:07:16 am »

Well it's in two parts : First, he allowed the law that removed the exeption for considering the American soil as a special case in the war against terror.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/dec/15/americans-face-guantanamo-detention-obama

Which explicitly allow Americans to be indefinitely detained without trial by the military on American soil. Then he ordered a drone strike on an American citizen in Yemen. But since he removed the exception, it's now pretty trivial to say that you can use a drone strike on  an American on US soil. If Trump is as bad as they say, he definitely made his job pretty easy.

Edit : read this piece by Greenswald, and realize that the name Obama can now be replaced by Trump. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/feb/05/obama-kill-list-doj-memo

I do hope, for everyone's sake, that Trump is better than you think guys...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:11:54 am by Phmcw »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #209 on: January 30, 2017, 08:10:57 am »

Fanks Obama
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 3566