Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4242981 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: The Russian shoe deepens
« Reply #9405 on: July 23, 2017, 11:40:14 pm »

If there is no room for zombies in your political mythology I want no part in it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: July 24, 2017, 02:55:26 am »

If there is no room for zombies in your political mythology I want no part in it.

Zombies can be the "low information voters."
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: July 24, 2017, 04:32:48 am »

Well, no, obviously zombies are the ones running for president.
BARHAH!
I'm not sure about the outrage inherent to that article. It's fairly succinct. It lays out the current situation accurately, and except for leaning slightly on the side of government in pulling the "scary ISIL is a reason you shouldn't have privacy" line still acknowledges that as a people we might decide either way, in favor or against privacy and whatever that decision it be followed.

Not trying to defend him too hard, but I don't blame the man for wanting to make his job easier when his job is ostensibly protecting people. I'm not a fan of government breaking encryption, and other things he's said have scared me more. But that particular article really doesn't push any buttons for me.
Comey, who was turned into a household name over the last election season, got that way while looking into what can most charitably be called sloppy infosec practices, but has previously stated directly that he's a big fan of sloppy infosec practices.

Adding some sort of bullshit backdoor and more stupidly trying to outlaw non-backdoor equipped versions means you're just going to push actual encryption use overseas with all the assault trebuchet wielding criminals.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: July 24, 2017, 05:06:07 am »

The success of the Clipper Chip.

'Nuff said.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: July 24, 2017, 09:38:10 am »

BARHAH!

Harmanz harm zah zambahz!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: July 24, 2017, 09:42:02 am »

The success of the Clipper Chip.

'Nuff said.
I can tell you're being ironic but not sure exactly how, as the only successful outcome of the clipper was encouraging various experts to disseminate strong encryption schemes which didn't possess the inherent weaknesses of said clipper chip, and indeed killed the idea that any escrow/surrender type of scenario would ever gain traction.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: July 24, 2017, 10:54:58 am »

BARHAH!

Harmanz harm zah zambahz!
Mrh?

(And, yup, that's very much what I was aiming at, Max™...  I could have mentioned the "PGP RSA source code printed on T-shirts" thing, as well. edit: Thought it was PGP. Checking, I get both mentioned, but mostly RSA. It's been more than 25 years, though.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:03:14 am by Starver »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: July 24, 2017, 11:34:53 am »

Which reminds me that besides people trying to patent numbers, Turnbull recently stated that the laws of mathematics may apply everywhere else, but not in Australia apparently.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: July 24, 2017, 01:37:27 pm »

Ouch, the Dems really need to work on their sense of timing. They did the press conference, but it got overshadowed by Kushners WH statement.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: July 24, 2017, 01:42:33 pm »

They should probably find an excuse to have a very similar press conference at a less crowded date.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: July 24, 2017, 05:05:14 pm »

Trump called his own Attorney General "beleagured" in a tweet, and there are some reports that Rex Tillerson is thinking about resigning due to Trump's "Unprofessional" treatment of Jeff Sessions.
They should probably find an excuse to have a very similar press conference at a less crowded date.
Is there such a thing as a less-crowded date in Trumpville?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: July 24, 2017, 05:10:35 pm »

I'm honestly surprised Tillerson lasted this long.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: July 24, 2017, 05:12:44 pm »

Trump called his own Attorney General "beleagured" in a tweet, and there are some reports that Rex Tillerson is thinking about resigning due to Trump's "Unprofessional" treatment of Jeff Sessions.
Is there such a thing as a less-crowded date in Trumpville?
That's the problem isn't it?  It hasn't even been a year and it feels like a whole term.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: July 24, 2017, 05:25:27 pm »

I'm honestly surprised Tillerson lasted this long.

Well, for other reasons besides Trump treating his staff the way he does, though that's a major part of it. He's reportedly going to try and stay in for at least a year, but could leave sooner than that.

The only message that all this gives to the world is that the admin is an unstable mess, which, unfortunately, it is.

After everybody has seen how things are performing, it seems like it'd be even harder to find a Secretary of State that both satisfies Trump and gets through the Senate because fewer will be wanting the job.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 05:27:08 pm by smjjames »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: July 24, 2017, 05:27:08 pm »

Trump forgot that these aren't poor people who might risk their livelihood and family if they are fired.

you know the people Trump specifically goes out of his way to prey upon (Not a conspiracy theory or overblown... it is well documented and scummy)
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 3568