Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4242996 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #23325 on: September 10, 2018, 01:54:06 pm »

In today's news:

1. US threatens sanctions against the International Criminal Court.

Bolton blasted the ICC as "ineffective, unaccountable," "outright dangerous" and "contrary to American principles," and said the US "would respond against the ICC and its personnel to the extent permitted by US law."
"We will ban its financial system and we will prosecute them in the US criminal system. We will do the same for any company or state that assists an ICC investigation of Americans," said Bolton, a former ambassador to the UN.

Bolton said the US would "take note" of other countries' cooperation with the ICC and "will remember that cooperation when settling US foreign assistance, military assistance, and intelligence sharing levels."

"You're dead to me, ICC, you hear that??! DEAD! Your bank accounts, dead! Your children, dead! Anybody that you ever talked to, dead!"

2. We're closing the PLO's office in Washington. Because AMERISRAEL FUCK YEAH! (details in same article above)

3. Donald Trump: DRAIN THE SWAMP
    Donald Trump Jr.: Literally jumps into a swamp.

Also while tempting this one can not be blamed on trump, this is just US foreign policy arrogance as usual. Google 'The Hague invasion act' for more information, the US has had this special law written way back in 2002 to invade our fair country and carpet bomb our tulip fields into oblivion if the ICC does something the US president doesn't like. This was much ridiculed at the time.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23326 on: September 10, 2018, 02:29:51 pm »

Bear in mind too, that this wasn't a press release, this was John Bolton giving a red-meat speech to the Federalist Society. So it's quite possible that none of this is in the works, and Johnny just had one too many martinis and basically told the ICC to Get Off His Damn Lawn.

EDIT: While the stated reasoning (beyond just "the ICC sucks") is that they're probing claims of US war crimes (aren't we already exempt from the ICC because we never recognized it?) the subtext of the timing of this is that it may be because the ICC is investigating claims of Israeli war crimes.

From Reuters:
“The United States will use any means necessary to protect our citizens and those of our allies from unjust prosecution by this illegitimate court,” Bolton will say, according to a draft of his speech seen by Reuters.

Bolton will also say that the State Department will announce the closure of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) office in Washington out of concern about Palestinian attempts to prompt an ICC investigation of Israel.

“The United States will always stand with our friend and ally, Israel,” says Bolton’s draft text.
Yeah it's an Israel thing again, they've included US citizens under the target to make it seem like they aren't throwing a diplomatic hissy fit for another country

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #23327 on: September 10, 2018, 03:40:08 pm »

So, we've already withdrawn from the UN human rights council and now we're trying to discredit the International Criminal Court.  Its nice to be the good guys.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23328 on: September 10, 2018, 03:44:35 pm »

I mean we used to just be part of it while we committed war crimes and ruined the lives of anyone we could get away with and was also brown.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23329 on: September 10, 2018, 05:11:26 pm »

United Hegemony of America
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23330 on: September 10, 2018, 05:12:14 pm »

Unilateral Hegemoney of the middle bit of North America but applied to literally everywhere

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23331 on: September 10, 2018, 05:13:30 pm »

People wonder why I specify that I'm a Texan, not an American. You knew up front that I'm an ornery sumbitch but you forgave it because I say "ya'll" with a charming twang, dunno what the fat fucks in D.C. are going to do to sell their bullshit.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23332 on: September 10, 2018, 05:16:25 pm »

Unilateral Hegemoney of the middle bit of North America but applied to literally everywhere

Less than 1% of the population, but a flat 50% of the firepower of the whole world! (There's 22 or 23 nuclear powered aircraft carriers in the world, USA has 11)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23333 on: September 10, 2018, 05:19:08 pm »

Of the top 10 armies in the world, 10 of those are American

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23334 on: September 10, 2018, 05:19:38 pm »

People wonder why I specify that I'm a Texan, not an American. You knew up front that I'm an ornery sumbitch but you forgave it because I say "ya'll" with a charming twang, dunno what the fat fucks in D.C. are going to do to sell their bullshit.

Is it true that all Texans at birth can pick up an acoustic guitar and belt out a mournful country song about your girl leaving, your dog dying, your pickup truck breaking down, and the tragic life of the dying cowboy breed?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23335 on: September 10, 2018, 05:24:48 pm »

I'm a drummer, so if you can put the rest in the form of a Rush song I'll see what I can do.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23336 on: September 10, 2018, 05:34:06 pm »

If the axiom "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" is correct, do you need a concealed carry permit to get pregnant?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23337 on: September 10, 2018, 05:35:15 pm »

I'm from Texas, remember, neither of those kill people, Chuck Norris kills people.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23338 on: September 10, 2018, 05:36:18 pm »

That's a.... really weird way of (mis)interpreting that axiom Kagus, lol.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23339 on: September 10, 2018, 05:40:45 pm »

I'm from Texas, remember, neither of those kill people, Chuck Norris kills people.
Does that mean that all murders are made by Chuck Norris, but pinned on random folks?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 ... 3568