Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4228476 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: new thread subtitle pending
« Reply #20745 on: June 11, 2018, 07:45:38 pm »

Still though, the thing is that Trump is an expert at branding (so he claims) and knows how to manipulate all that. Well, who else is also an expert at branding and messaging? Hollywood and the TV industry in general, so, it could work.

Ya this was more my point, definitely not that toxic BS is on one side of the fence there. The DEM's do not have a unified front in a "branding" or "marketing" sense, and I think it makes it easier for misinformation and confusion to take root.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20746 on: June 11, 2018, 07:48:52 pm »

Trump and Kim are going to meet and greet and handshake soon, can't help but wonder if Trump will do his signature 'grab and pull' handshake (for which I'm sure Kim Jong Un is prepared for) or play it cool.

grab em by the hand

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20747 on: June 11, 2018, 07:51:21 pm »

Trump and Kim are going to meet and greet and handshake soon, can't help but wonder if Trump will do his signature 'grab and pull' handshake (for which I'm sure Kim Jong Un is prepared for) or play it cool.

grab em by the hand

+1 to best summit post
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20748 on: June 11, 2018, 07:56:21 pm »

Larry Kudlow, the chief economic advisor had a heart attack almost when the summit starts. I'm not religious or superstitious myself, but I could see someone who is superstitious or deeply religious interpreting that as a bad omen.

To me, it's nothing other than an interesting coincidence. Hope Larry Kudlow is okay though.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20749 on: June 11, 2018, 08:07:15 pm »

Larry Kudlow, the chief economic advisor had a heart attack almost when the summit starts. I'm not religious or superstitious myself, but I could see someone who is superstitious or deeply religious interpreting that as a bad omen.

To me, it's nothing other than an interesting coincidence. Hope Larry Kudlow is okay though.

It's probably Hillary trying to off him. We all know she is head of a secret cabal of Methodist Ninja Assassins, as is told in the book of Revelations.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20750 on: June 11, 2018, 08:30:49 pm »

Totally Legal Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch, Who You Should Have Known Was Evil When He Had "Gore" In His Name, Legalizes Purging Non-Republicans Off Voting Rolls

The Blue Puddle shrinks a little more every day. But keep on being Reasonable Centrists, I'm sure the public will stop being stubborn with your Rational and Enlightened Politics one of these days! Maybe if you vote for just a few ICE Death Camps Trump will let you keep the minimum wage.

This is pretty silly. So you're saying that if the GOP goes hard-right then the sensible way to fight that is by going hard-left? That doesn't in fact work, because by going off to the edge you only increase the amount of people likely to vote the other way.

You don't have to "be" a Centrist to win the center-vote. But it's the center-vote that wins you elections, doh. That's why Trump won. And you have to grab the center back to beat Trump. The Left will never vote GOP and the right will never vote Democrat. It's the middle that the fight is about.

"Fuck the people in the center" is loser speak: guaranteed loss.

EDIT: BTW one could bring up voter disenfrachisement as a counter-argument to the need to position the Democratic party to pick up the center-voters, but that is in fact a pretty shoddy argument. Limiting oneself to doubling-down on only appealing the hardcore of the most hardcore left-liberal supporters of the party isn't going to help with that at all, and is in fact all the more reason to expand the support base of the party.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 08:39:12 pm by Reelya »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20751 on: June 11, 2018, 08:32:14 pm »

Grab em' by the center

*high fives Egan*

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #20752 on: June 11, 2018, 08:46:18 pm »

The Democrats are looking for messaging help now?

Maybe the Republicans can call an ambulance to Ford's theater.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20753 on: June 11, 2018, 08:51:15 pm »

It actually started shortly after the 2016 election, so, it's not like they just started doing it. Might be that it's ramped up enough to get the attention of Politico.

It's no secret that the Democrats (the DNC and the party in general, and looking towards 2020) have a messaging problem.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 08:53:08 pm by smjjames »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20754 on: June 11, 2018, 09:44:13 pm »

Quite the problem if they haven’t been able to figure it out in over 18 months, and still haven’t around about the time they need to be getting their message out there for mid-terms.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20755 on: June 11, 2018, 09:47:51 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #20756 on: June 11, 2018, 10:09:44 pm »

If this somehow ends up going over well, I'm going to eat my hat. Not literally of course. But the idea that Trump might getting somewhere and achieving something diplomatic in the Korean peninsula is astonishing. Hell, I'd say that if does manage to succeed at this, it would end up forcibly legitimatizing his presidency for me, which is... A confusing feeling.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20757 on: June 11, 2018, 10:31:04 pm »

Warrants a DP I think:

Trump doesn’t try to tear Kim’s arm off.

I'd be surprised if that was the only thing that Trump did not 'wing it' on. The handshake has to be the most practiced/scripted thing Trump did in preparation :P

Well, depends on your meaning of "going over well." This could all still be some glorified photo-op as far as Kim is concerned.

And Trump has said that he didn't want it to be a glorified photo-op. Also, this is supposed to be the start of some sort of process or something, so, it remains to be seen where this goes.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20758 on: June 11, 2018, 10:48:22 pm »

And Trump has said that he didn't want it to be a glorified photo-op. Also, this is supposed to be the start of some sort of process or something, so, it remains to be seen where this goes.

It is not off to a fantastic start. Per CNN: "The US largely agreed to North Korea's demands for parity in all aspects of the summit, from the number of officials during the bilateral meetings to the number of US and North Korean flags side by side during the arrival ceremony."

They wanted legitimacy, and they got it with very little work.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20759 on: June 11, 2018, 11:00:49 pm »

There's a real chance Trump just gives them whatever they ask for in exchange for a "win" he can sell at home. He tends to be more friendly with our enemies...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 ... 3567