Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Abandoned Project.  (Read 40581 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 13: First Realm Neutralized
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2017, 05:48:00 pm »

Spoiler: Southgate (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2017, 08:22:41 pm »

break open the dome and walk out.

Nice save there Tobias. Was worried I was going to have to listen to her scream about doom and foolishness until the end of my days.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2017, 09:10:03 pm »

"No problem. Bet she didn't see that coming."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 14: Regroup & Recuperate
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2017, 02:18:44 pm »

((OH YEEEAAAAH!))

Tobias speaks to the minotaur in the ring. "Didn't see that coming, didja? What's you name, minotaur? Mine is Tobias."

Summon a healing potion. If successful, drink the potion. Then summon Prismata's prism and investigate it.

"I am Prismata! I will escape my prison, and once I do you will be ripped into tiny ribbons by showers of glass! I will have my revenge!"
The reflection of her face in the soul gem appears very angry, spitting when talking and when not doing such she is mumbling about 'death' and 'only a matter of time'.
[5+2]Tobias summons a rather potent health potion before quaffing it. His wounds rapidly close, scab over, then form healthy skin. Healing potions can only restore what is there, however, so Tobias still lacks a left eye. However, his right eye's retina is fully healed, so aside from having only one eye he sees perfectly fine. He opens the 'door' to the soul gem, but only for the archminotaur's prism. He holds it up to the bright sky above, and finds it to be a rather effective prism as the light that enters it is split into not seven but eight colors. It's hard to describe the eighth one, but Tobias thinks the fact that he can see it may have something to do with him being a well-trained mage. He then performs a somewhat risky but effective test for magical artifacts, to channel mana into their core and see what happens. As he does this, the eight colors rapidly brighten and release a gigantic blast of light that momentarily blinds Tobias and spans across the entire Hub. Rubbing his one good eye, he notices a figure shimmer into a tangible form.

"Hello there, Tobias. Looks like you and the other newbies survived your first gate? Didn't expect it, honestly." It is Phantus standing before him, holding Whisper's mask in his left hand as per usual. Err.. don't take offence from that comment, it's just that I don't usually see anyone come back from even one gate. I think you're the first group to get past a single gate in the last 4 years." He points at the binding ring. Oh shit! Is that.. the archminotaur in there? Damn, your group really is tough. Either that or she's a weak minotaur. Err.. ignore that one again, sorry. Maybe you'll live past the next two. If you're hungry, go to my apartment- you know the drill. Later, greenhorn. Oh, and, your face looks different.. you do something with your hair?" He places the mask back on his face while laughing halfheartedly at his own joke and shimmers out of perception.

Spoiler: I don't even (click to show/hide)

Nice job clearing the west gate. Also, all this soul stuff is reminding of something.

Spoiler: South Gate (click to show/hide)

Summon gasoline powered electric generator and jerry can of gasoline. Use materials to xerox off the maps that aren't verboten.  After this is successful, as I'm sure it will be, use the good map to go find treasure and avoid danger.

[6+1]Mr Bones brings a gasoline-powered generator into being and a large jerry can of gasoline. He pours a considerable amount into it and powers it up. After hooking the printer up to one of the outlets, he prints about twenty copies for each of the two maps. Should be more than enough. Holding the complicated map of the South Gate's dimension in his hands, he enters the portcullis in search of treasure.

Cast a few wind runes as to induce a calm, refreshing breeze. Add some components from an apple pie recipe to make it smell like apple pie.

I Look for someone to trade my two gems in for equipment, and possibly first aid

Just as Larry thinks of trading the gems, he hears a voice beckon him into a nearby alleyway.
He follows it, figuring it might be that guy Phantus talked about it.
It happens to be a humanoid wrapped almost entirely in elaborate and silken robes, hiding his eyes behind sunglasses. He snaps his fingers and a merchant's cart appears behind him, packed with all sorts of goods. "I am the one you seek, the Merchant of the Labyrinth. I know what you have, and what you want, no need to speak." The shady yet somewhat trustworthy male pulls down a military-standard medkit from some sort of dimension in an advanced technological age. "Everything in there will fix what you need, and possibly more if you use it wisely. That'll be one of those gems, as for the other.. I think you'll like this." He produces a large and somewhat dusty tome from a bag on the cart. It is bound in some sort of black leathery substance, and the cover is decorated with a royal purple symbol. "If you wish to expand your knowledge of the dark arts, that is the tome to do it. So, a medkit and a necromantic spellbook for your two gems. Sound good?"

Spoiler: Southgate (click to show/hide)

break open the dome and walk out.

Nice save there Tobias. Was worried I was going to have to listen to her scream about doom and foolishness until the end of my days.

Trier collapses the dome effortlessly while thanking his ally, quite relieved that he doesn't have to stay around Prismata now. It was quite a close call, if he had to stay there much longer she may have given him a headache, or whatever pain it is rock people feel when they get annoyed.

Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2017, 02:32:10 pm »

((Sorry I keep forgetting to spoiler it.))
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2017, 02:32:36 pm »

"Yep, those will do Nicely..."
I Toss him the Gems and head off to study the book... after fixing up the holes in me.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2017, 05:47:06 pm »

Scribble
I can tell from the adjectives that this is not a pleasant place. 

Walk on up the cantankerous hill and take a look at the disillusioned area beyond. Summon a pair of pink and frilly binoculars, just to ease the mood, and take a look-see around. Keep an eye open for enemies and or things that look valuable.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2017, 05:48:37 pm »

Scribble

Walk on up the cantankerous hill and take a look at the disillusioned area beyond. Summon a pair of pink and frilly binoculars, just to ease the mood, and take a look-see around. Keep an eye open for enemies and or things that look valuable.

*coughspoilercough*
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2017, 06:31:08 pm »

"Well, guess you don't get to go on walksies. The fight is over, Prismata. I don't care if you want to waste your life inside there in anger over something that has already happened, but if you ever threaten me again I will take your robe as well and leave the ring with Phantus. Being stuck here for so long must have made him lonely. He'd probably appreciate a beautiful archminotaur to look at."

Take her mythril kris too. Go see what the merchant will offer for the prism or kris. A way to strengthen my summoning, powerful new skills and abilities, or a more powerful replacement eye than I can summon are the sorts of things that would catch my interest. Don't actually make any trades yet. On the way, summon a replacement eye that can install itself when I wish and integrate the prism and any other artifacts I find to develop new abilities. Order Prismata to use her precognition, and light magic if it would apply, to assist me. Don't actually install the eye yet.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 07:12:34 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2017, 08:22:53 pm »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2017, 04:55:44 pm »

Spoiler: South (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2017, 07:31:46 pm »

walk over to Tobias as he does all this.

I had a thought, since she clearly can be trapped and carried on me. If she proves loyal perhaps I could borrow her and use her as a force multiplyer. 
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 15: More Magic & More Blood!
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2017, 12:38:21 pm »

((Menuridae is in stasis, Sialia can't keep up for a while. If she takes too long, I might swap her out with a waitlister, but it shouldn't take quite long enough to warrant that.))

((Sorry I keep forgetting to spoiler it.))

"Yep, those will do Nicely..."
I Toss him the Gems and head off to study the book... after fixing up the holes in me.

Larry finishes the trade with the Merchant before walking off and beginning to tend to his wounds.
(Rolling for dressing nose wound, as it's the only serious wound)
[3]The bleeding has all but clotted by now anyway, but Larry still applies a gauze-like wrap to the gashed bridge of his nose. It'll probably form scar tissue as it heals because he didn't do a very good job of dressing it, but since goblinoids are resistant to disease anyway he doesn't have much to worry about in terms of tetanus or the like. He finds some sort of oil within the medkit labeled as a 'burn  lotion', a term he is far from familiar with. Needless to say, he applies it to the mild burns all over his skin and winces a bit as a cold sort of pain radiates from his skin. Wounds successfully treated

Larry opens the Dark Grimoire, feeling a bit dazzled as the fleshy pages wriggle and writhe beneath his fingers. A necromancer is used to this sort of 'gross' thing, so he doesn't show any strong visible reaction. It appears as though it contains quite a bit of forbidden knowledge and the book itself is somewhat living. Dabbling in the Dark Art of Necromancy isn't quite a dangerous thing, but mastering it threatens the sanity and reason of the mage. Larry feels as though something has faintly snapped in the back of his mind, but the increased power the book's bounty of knowledge has granted him is more than worth a few hallucinations and an eccentricity or two.

Larry takes moderate sanity damage, gains one level in Necromancy

Scribble

((Spoiler. The action. PLS. :))))

"Well, guess you don't get to go on walksies. The fight is over, Prismata. I don't care if you want to waste your life inside there in anger over something that has already happened, but if you ever threaten me again I will take your robe as well and leave the ring with Phantus. Being stuck here for so long must have made him lonely. He'd probably appreciate a beautiful archminotaur to look at."

Take her mythril kris too. Go see what the merchant will offer for the prism or kris. A way to strengthen my summoning, powerful new skills and abilities, or a more powerful replacement eye than I can summon are the sorts of things that would catch my interest. Don't actually make any trades yet. On the way, summon a replacement eye that can install itself when I wish and integrate the prism and any other artifacts I find to develop new abilities. Order Prismata to use her precognition, and light magic if it would apply, to assist me. Don't actually install the eye yet.

((When I read this originally, I laughed out loud. Very hard. Funny shit.))

Tobias pulls the shining bluish dagger from the soul gem as well. Prismata snarls a bit at both the loss of her dagger and Tobias' dialogue. The summoner then walks along the sidewalk before stopping in movement, turning to face the street and thinking of different things he'd want for the mythril kris and brilliant prism. The Merchant soon appears out of thin air, along with his cart. "Don't believe we've met yet, Tobias. I am the Merchant of the Labyrinth. If you'd met me before, you'd know I already know what you desire to trade for and what you have to offer." He pulls a yellow tome from a bag, and a spherical eye-sized bright orange gemstone. "I don't typically get this personal with first-time customers, but there are forces you are attracting through your repeated summoning of powerful objects. If you want to live a long life, it is essential that you learn to 'deal' with them. That tome will teach you the basics of Demonology, a magic art closely connected to Summoning magic. I won't force you to take that book, but it is more than worth the Prism you hold in your hand. As for the orange stone here... it is a mystic sort of prosthetic eye that sees perfectly in bright light and total darkness. Easy to install, too. This is the trade I propose to you, Tobias. What do you think?" The raspy-voiced figure holds the yellowish tome and the orange gem in each of his hands.

Spoiler: South (click to show/hide)

walk over to Tobias as he does all this.

I had a thought, since she clearly can be trapped and carried on me. If she proves loyal perhaps I could borrow her and use her as a force multiplyer. 

Trier follows Tobias along, posing his question simultaneously. Tobias get's a feeling that releasing her into Trier would be tricky, as he'd have to force her to enter Trier's reflective skin even though she'd be outside the ring and thus not have to follow his orders. Given her current state, the whole thing seems unlikely to the summoner.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2017, 12:42:04 pm »

I wander around looking for a minotar to kill, if I Don't find any I Head out south.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2017, 12:54:25 pm »

Spoiler: SEKRITS (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22