Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: creating creatures with workshoops?  (Read 1236 times)

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
creating creatures with workshoops?
« on: January 22, 2017, 03:04:04 am »

I'm creating some things based on Magic: The Gathering Artifact creatures, and I was wondering if there was a way I could make a building (Probably a large one, is 7x7 possible?), to create my creatures, and reactions. Is there a way yet?
My (long abandoned) mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: creating creatures with workshoops?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 03:06:18 am »

Make reaction that makes a boulder that turns to gas at room temperature. Have this gas carry a syndrome that turns people into what you wish. Bam. Done. It's simpler than it should be and harder than it sounds.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 03:12:25 am »

Make reaction that makes a boulder that turns to gas at room temperature. Have this gas carry a syndrome that turns people into what you wish. Bam. Done. It's simpler than it should be and harder than it sounds.

Not what I meant! I want to CREATE creatures, not turn my creatures into other creatures! Most of what im making are nonsentient things, like ornithopters, or a Darksteel Colossus
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:14:44 am by Kyubee »
My (long abandoned) mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 03:15:30 am »

Not what I meant! I want to CREATE creatures, not turn my creatures into other creatures! Most of what im making are nonsentient things, like ornithopters, or a Darksteel Colossus

Then your answer is DFHack, which will be much harder to do. Even the dudes at Masterwork just use the way I mentioned cause it's not worth the headache.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 03:18:01 am »

Then your answer is DFHack, which will be much harder to do. Even the dudes at Masterwork just use the way I mentioned cause it's not worth the headache.

Well damn. I suppose my ornithopters, Darksteel Colossi, and the likes will be import only for now! Glad I set em to common domestic

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 03:21:15 am »

Why not just do the syndrome thing? Make the regeants large amounts of coins and use it on something unimportant like kittens and it's like buying them. Also, as common domestic everyone will have them, not just you.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 03:26:10 am »

Why not just do the syndrome thing? Make the regeants large amounts of coins and use it on something unimportant like kittens and it's like buying them. Also, as common domestic everyone will have them, not just you.

Wait, I can make it use other creatures?! And the Common_domestic has that purpose too. It will be extra !!FUN!! when seiges bring along indestructible colossi

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 03:27:30 am »

Wait, I can make it use other creatures?!

No. You can pasture them nearby so the gas effects them while making dwarves immune.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 03:30:25 am »

No. You can pasture them nearby so the gas effects them while making dwarves immune.

Ahhhh... In that case... Ill have to make an area for war prisoners willing troll test subjects for my evil civilization

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 03:38:40 am »

Ahhhh... In that case... Ill have to make an area for war prisoners willing troll test subjects for my evil civilization

Knew you'd like it when I mentioned that.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 04:14:18 am »

Knew you'd like it when I mentioned that.

Oh I do! Now to see if this even works... I made it affect every non-evil race and goblins. because honestly, screw goblins. now to test if troglodyte science is SEKAI ICHI