Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's create a Mythology!  (Read 1481 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's create a Mythology!
« on: January 04, 2017, 10:04:24 am »

In the beginning of the world, there was nothing but the Eternal Sea of Darkness, and Yiltho The First. Yiltho gazed upon the world and found it wanting. Taking his hands, he gathered the waters of the Eternal Sea of Darkness and bound them to the heavens, creating the Eternal Sky.

Yiltho was pleased by his work of creation, but saw that only the Darkness held sway. Taking his own hand, Yiltho gouged out his right eye and set it into the Eternal Sky, infusing it with his power so that it would warm and light the world for all time. So it was that Yiltho The First created the Sun, and banished the Eternal Darkness with its Light.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's create a Mythology!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 10:30:40 am »

((Uuuuh, what are we supposed to do? Info please?))
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 10:54:08 am »

((Uuuuh, what are we supposed to do? Info please?))

((Just post a continuation of the story, the concept of the thread is that it's a freeform worldbuilding project/community written mythological story. I'm sorry if I was unclear.))

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 11:26:03 am »

DIBS SO NOONE NINJAS ME! WHEN I CROSS OUT THIS STUFF IN BOLD IT WILL MEAN I AM DONE! Done!

From the brightness of the sun, and the banished darkness, came Lux The Bright God, and Tenerbris The Dark God. Lux created the first oceans and land, creating the very first temple of Light in the process. Tenebrus created a giant cloud to cover half the world, but Lux didn't like it, so he created a bright white light in the middle of the darkness, thus creating the moon, and forced the cloud and the moon to rotate around the land.

Tenebrus was angry about this, and in response he created the shadows, so that even in day the darkness would find a way. Lux was unhappy about this, so he created fire, and giants made out of that fire, to get rid of the shadows. Tenebrus simply created the Dark Wraiths, to fight against the giants in enternal war, thus causing the first great battle, where all died.. The bodies of the giants became the mountains of the North, From the ashes of the fire, and the smoke of the Dark Wraiths, came Winter and snow, and white clouds.

Having seen how evenly matched they both were, they decided to stop fighting for a time, and started to work together. Tenebrus created the caverns, Lux created bright mushrooms that gave a faint light, Tenebrus created completely black clouds, and Lux provided the lightning. But soon, they could not do much more, for they were the gods of Light and Dark, and they needed different gods to do the rest.

They went to Yiltho, the leader of the three, and asked him if he could create a new god. "It will be hard," he said, "But I believe I can do it." And he then created 3  new gods, Herba, the god of Nature, Aurum, the god of minerals, and Altum, the god of the Underworld. Thus began the Second great age of creation.

Herba created the trees, the grass, the fruit, and the many animals that roam the lands today. With the fruit and the animals, Tenebrus created posion, lethal, foul-smelling, many types of poison he did create. Lux created ladybugs to light everything, even at night. Aurum created Dwarves, and the many minerals of the underground, gold, silver, iron, copper, adamantium, he created it all. Tenebrus decided that it would be funny to gives some of the adamantine veins hollow insides, so that a big vein might actually turn out to yield very little. Then, came Altum. He was an evil god, who created the Underworld to endlessly punish all those from above who died. He created aging and death, he created rotting and rusting, he created famine and deasease, ghosts and destruction. He made special Underworld fruits that would cause the eater to be in endless amounts of pain, until they commited suicide, or, in the case of ghosts, try to commit suicide. He created demons , and made giants staircases up to the hollow veins of adamantine, with hopes of destroying the entire world. All this, he did in secret, for noone knew about his existance, he was an accident.

Many years passed, as the gods tried to figure out who was causing all these problems, when the god of Aurum stumbled upone one of the hollow veins leading down to hell, discovering Altum in the progress. When he came to the other gods, he was dieing, for Altum had grown too powerful, powerful enough to give away some of his power to the more... deadly demons. Herba was quick to heal him, and when they found out what had happened, they immediatly went down to kill Altum. Thus started an epic battle, ending with the defeat of Altum. However, the gods were too weak to destroy the demons or the staircases by the end of it, so they decided to force feed him 10 of his very own torture fruit, and spent their last magical energies creating a giant cage around him to stop him from ever coming out. Then, they all went to rest in their associated temples, as time kept on going...

((Did I do too much? Please don't say I did too much, this took me an hour to do.))
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:43:06 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 11:56:41 am »

DIBS SO NOONE NINJAS ME! WHEN I CROSS OUT THIS STUFF IN BOLD IT WILL MEAN I AM DONE! Done!

From the brightness of the sun, and the banished darkness, came Lux The Bright God, and Tenerbris The Dark God. Lux created the first oceans and land, creating the very first temple of Light in the process. Tenebrus created a giant cloud to cover half the world, but Lux didn't like it, so he created a bright white light in the middle of the darkness, thus creating the moon, and forced the cloud and the moon to rotate around the land.

Tenebrus was angry about this, and in response he created the shadows, so that even in day the darkness would find a way. Lux was unhappy about this, so he created fire, and giants made out of that fire, to get rid of the shadows. Tenebrus simply created the Dark Wraiths, to fight against the giants in enternal war, thus causing the first great battle, where all died.. The bodies of the giants became the mountains of the North, From the ashes of the fire, and the smoke of the Dark Wraiths, came Winter and snow, and white clouds.

Having seen how evenly matched they both were, they decided to stop fighting for a time, and started to work together. Tenebrus created the caverns, Lux created bright mushrooms that gave a faint light, Tenebrus created completely black clouds, and Lux provided the lightning. But soon, they could not do much more, for they were the gods of Light and Dark, and they needed different gods to do the rest.

They went to Yiltho, the leader of the three, and asked him if he could create a new god. "It will be hard," he said, "But I believe I can do it." And he then created 3  new gods, Herba, the god of Nature, Aurum, the god of minerals, and Altum, the god of the Underworld. Thus began the Second great age of creation.

Herba created the trees, the grass, the fruit, and the many animals that roam the lands today. With the fruit and the animals, Tenebrus created posion, lethal, foul-smelling, many types of poison he did create. Lux created ladybugs to light everything, even at night. Aurum created Dwarves, and the many minerals of the underground, gold, silver, iron, copper, adamantium, he created it all. Tenebrus decided that it would be funny to gives some of the adamantine veins hollow insides, so that a big vein might actually turn out to yield very little. Then, came Altum. He was an evil god, who created the Underworld to endlessly punish all those from above who died. He created aging and death, he created rotting and rusting, he created famine and deasease, ghosts and destruction. He made special Underworld fruits that would cause the eater to be in endless amounts of pain, until they commited suicide, or, in the case of ghosts, try to commit suicide. He created demons , and made giants staircases up to the hollow veins of adamantine, with hopes of destroying the entire world. All this, he did in secret, for noone knew about his existance, he was an accident.

Many years passed, as the gods tried to figure out who was causing all these problems, when the god of Aurum stumbled upone one of the hollow veins leading down to hell, discovering Altum in the progress. When he came to the other gods, he was dieing, for Altum had grown too powerful, powerful enough to give away some of his power to the more... deadly demons. Herba was quick to heal him, and when they found out what had happened, they immediatly went down to kill Altum. Thus started an epic battle, ending with the defeat of Altum. However, the gods were too weak to destroy the demons or the staircases by the end of it, so they decided to force feed him 10 of his very own torture fruit, and spent their last magical energies creating a giant cage around him to stop him from ever coming out. Then, they all went to rest in their associated temples, as time kept on going...

((Did I do too much? Please don't say I did too much, this took me an hour to do.))

((Its fine. The more lore, the better! I notice this world is starting to get a Dwarf Fortress sort of feel to it.))

Yiltho gazed upon the works of his creations, and pondered. Lux, Herba, and Aurum were his own, shaped and given life by his will alone. Tenebris and Altum were shaped and given life by the Darkness, which twisted the works of Yiltho in its thirst to return to the time before the First Age of Creation. The world was thrown out of balance, and all of creation suffered.

Yiltho witnessed the suffering of creation and realized that many did not deserve the Underworld's torment. Taking a shred of his own power Yitho touched the souls of all thinking mortals, and gifted them Ascension. Now, rather than rot and suffer in the Underworld, upon death, the souls of the truly righteous would leave their mortal bodies and Ascend to their place in the heavens, glowing as the Sun and Moon for all time. So it was that Yiltho created the Stars.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:00:09 pm by Ardent Debater »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 12:09:28 pm »

((Just wondering, are you going to use this in a future game? If not, I think I may have the perfect use for one of my future games!))
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:39:36 pm by TankKit »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 12:16:13 pm »

((Just wondering, are you going to use this law in a future game? If not, I think I may have the perfect use for one of my future games!))

((What law?))

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 02:39:20 pm »

((Just wondering, are you going to use this law in a future game? If not, I think I may have the perfect use for one of my future games!))

((What law?))
((Just realised the miss-type, I ment lore.))
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:56:46 pm by TankKit »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 02:52:41 pm »

((What law?))
Just realised the miss-type, I ment lore.

((It's a community project, so I suppose anyone can use the lore. Please put all OOC discussion in parentheses.))

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 04:59:04 am »

While his bretheren slept in their temples, Yiltho thought. It would be a long time until they awoke, for they had depleted so much of their own energy, they had almost died. In the mean time, this world needed improving. Yiltho himself was half depleted from fighting Altum, but the world must go on. He looked at the world, the forests, the plains, the animals, and while it was great, he felt like something was missing. Then, he had an idea. He raised the world where the dwarves lived, to protect them from his new creation, the humans.

He created the first 8 kingdoms of the world. In the forests, there came the 3 kingdoms of Elves, humans who loved the forests so much, that some of them looked like animals, with long ears and retractable claws like a cat, not that they new they had those claws. Then, came the kingdoms of the 4 kingdoms of the humans, each kingdom varying, one would be more likely to trade than to backstab you, another would be the opposite. Finally, there came the dragon kingdom, one that expanded all over the world, some were malicious, some were kind, some were honourable, some were backstabbers.

Then, came the wars. The kingdoms all expanded too much and too fast. War was soon to appear, kingdoms splitting up into smaller kingdoms, fighting each other, some dragons joined kingdoms in those wars, some were killed by knights. War spread across the land, so chaotic, it was too much for Yiltho to stop. More death and destruction, and that was when he realised what was happening. The Darkness yet again had refused to make things simple, it could only of been it who caused all this death, all this destruction. It didn't want Peace, it didn't want Harmony, it wanted War, it wanted Death, and it wanted Destruction. And now it was clear that it would stop at nothing to get what it wanted, for it was not in it's nature to give up.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 07:49:19 am »

From the force of the twinned battles of Man and God Kiiven, The Spirit Wind, sprang forth. He was an innocent and curious god and his Breezes and Zephyrs traveled all throughout the world, only to return and bring him stories of the wonders of the world. Sometimes an unknowing being will inhale his Winds and the curiosity inherent to them would be felt. Those people became known as the Windcatchers and would always search for meaning in everything and answers to boundless questions.