Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137704 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #660 on: March 13, 2017, 08:13:51 pm »

Climb upwards ASAP

"The poster said 'exotic women', I signed up for the exotic women, not this void-damned squid shit"

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 13, 2017, 09:02:35 pm »

"4x structural 3+protective 2, flexible 2, elastic 1, sticky 2"

This is the list of what the Solider Suit needs.  How much of this can I turn up (via Find) on the ship?  Without stripping sheet metal off the walls or anything.  Deliver parts to Engi who said he'd build it.

Spoiler: Doug Endeck (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 13, 2017, 11:41:52 pm »

Get out of here with as much ill-gotten booty as I can.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Suspitious Mole
« Reply #663 on: March 13, 2017, 11:50:21 pm »

Being able to summon jolly co-operators from alternate universes would be useful, heh. But not what I had in mind.
Like an actual diving bell, but rather than dipping it down into water, we lower it into the sea, to allow for the physical transfer of objects from realspace into the warp, and vice versa. Could maybe also be used to let people without Transcend enter the sea using their physical bodies, but that might fuck your soul up a little.
While we're at it, how about a Weirdness Distiller? Put multiple objects with the Wierd property in there, give it time to work its magic, and you get a higher Wierd number component to use in your whatever.

While contemplating things almost certainly impossible, and certainly beyond my ability to construct, drink ample booze and help out Doug with his item hunting.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 14, 2017, 06:27:59 am »

Remind me: are there windows on any of the floors of this tower above the ground floor? Are their floors above the one I am currently on?
If I have time enough to do it and still escape the tower, rotate thebarthe other way. If that solves the issue, continue exploring upward. If that doesn't solve the issue, or i don't have time, get out the quickest way I can. I call up to the Bore for evac, and make my way to the nearest rope to the Bore or Crawler.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover: Drive the Crawler out onto the ceiling directly above the section of the island with the towers on it. Lower a rope.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 14, 2017, 11:13:06 am »

Grab one of the spheres, if I can't get it loose on the first try just leave it though.

Evacuate the tower through the entrance I came in from if it sinks slowly enough, otherwise scramble upwards in the hope that there an exit at the top.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Suspitious Mole
« Reply #666 on: March 15, 2017, 11:26:03 am »

Focus on getting out of the tower, through a door if there's time, or by moving upwards if possible. Determine whether or not we're likely to start drowning in twenty seconds. Find some sweet loot and investigate if the threats stop.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #667 on: March 15, 2017, 02:21:01 pm »

Help people get out of the towers if I can. Preferably without getting caught in them myself.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #668 on: March 15, 2017, 07:16:35 pm »

Did you phase back in and out to do that?
((No, that wasn't the intention. I mean, I can just grab them and float up to the hangar to deposit them when I'm on lvl.3, right? Why would I need to phase in and out for that?))

Check out the rod-thingie Nameless just touched. Try to figure out how it works from a practical perspective primarily, aka how do we work it, and secondarily how it does the things it does (is it the sound that directs the worms, or does it perhaps work through the deep sea, given these creatures' connections to it).

If I manage to figure this out, tell the info to Nameless, but distort my voice and use annoyingly vague platitudes, as it behooves a Dau-de-Daleth Ascetic. If he doesn't manage to reverse the sinking, then try to stop the sinking myself by working the music rod.

82/70
You're not sure how to use that thing. You can see them inserting it into the worms in your vision, but its gotta be more complex than just jamming it in where ever.
You describe this action as if I was using transcend to try and see the info, but you rolled build (70) instead of transcend (95). Was this intentional or by accident?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
((You don't. It just means they are still in the third level not in mundane level. I just wanted to know which it was.))

32/95
The rod thing is a call for the worms, it seems to resonate both in this plane and across the sea as well. There's no way to use it to control them; it simply attracts them, they're drawn to it like sharks to blood.

You convey this info to Nameless using as many obscure metaphors as possible.

The 70 action was using build actually. I was just reminding you what you saw in your vision earlier.

Climb upwards ASAP

"The poster said 'exotic women', I signed up for the exotic women, not this void-damned squid shit"

((Technically, you don't know the gender of these worms~))

You climb back up to the ground...well, worm-level floor and get out before the tower sinks below it.

"4x structural 3+protective 2, flexible 2, elastic 1, sticky 2"

This is the list of what the Solider Suit needs.  How much of this can I turn up (via Find) on the ship?  Without stripping sheet metal off the walls or anything.  Deliver parts to Engi who said he'd build it.

Spoiler: Doug Endeck (click to show/hide)
16/40

You manage to, through some heavy scrounging of the supply room, find flexible 2 (Cloth) elastic 1 (elastic bands) sticky 2 (glue) and 4 pieces of steel that woull work as structural 3. You deliver them to Engi.

Get out of here with as much ill-gotten booty as I can.

You shove the three unopened chests out the door and onto the relative safety of the squirming worm ball.

Being able to summon jolly co-operators from alternate universes would be useful, heh. But not what I had in mind.
Like an actual diving bell, but rather than dipping it down into water, we lower it into the sea, to allow for the physical transfer of objects from realspace into the warp, and vice versa. Could maybe also be used to let people without Transcend enter the sea using their physical bodies, but that might fuck your soul up a little.
While we're at it, how about a Weirdness Distiller? Put multiple objects with the Wierd property in there, give it time to work its magic, and you get a higher Wierd number component to use in your whatever.

While contemplating things almost certainly impossible, and certainly beyond my ability to construct, drink ample booze and help out Doug with his item hunting.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
That sort of shit would be very advanced my friend. We're talking like 10th level deep objects as its core with a fair deal of high level Weird and organic too. You're not getting that until someone transcends to the 10th level.

That ain't gonna work, however, A device that breaks higher level weird into multiple lower level weirds could be alright. Or takes the weird property and puts it onto something at the expense of an already weird object.

You chug booze like water to help make the pain of unfulfilled dreams less intense.

Grab one of the spheres, if I can't get it loose on the first try just leave it though.

Evacuate the tower through the entrance I came in from if it sinks slowly enough, otherwise scramble upwards in the hope that there an exit at the top.

You  swim up to the nearest sphere and pry it loose. It's actually not very firmly attached, just sort of gently held by goo. The sphere itself is sort of soft but still firm, like a tomato; you feel like you could crush it of you wanted but it's not overly fragile either.

You dig your way out through the corpses and then push the orb out before following behind. You make it back onto the stone foundation of the towers and look up to see the worm mound slowly crawling upward.

Focus on getting out of the tower, through a door if there's time, or by moving upwards if possible. Determine whether or not we're likely to start drowning in twenty seconds. Find some sweet loot and investigate if the threats stop.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
You get back onto the surface of the worm ball. The worm ball is remaining boyant and in place on the water, but the towers are sinking because it is moving upwards along them. It's an odd sort of configuration, to be sure.

Help people get out of the towers if I can. Preferably without getting caught in them myself.

You also get out in time. Luckily no one was stuck, they all had ropes or easy enough ways out. Good for them.

Remind me: are there windows on any of the floors of this tower above the ground floor? Are their floors above the one I am currently on?
If I have time enough to do it and still escape the tower, rotate thebarthe other way. If that solves the issue, continue exploring upward. If that doesn't solve the issue, or i don't have time, get out the quickest way I can. I call up to the Bore for evac, and make my way to the nearest rope to the Bore or Crawler.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover: Drive the Crawler out onto the ceiling directly above the section of the island with the towers on it. Lower a rope.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
There are circular openings interspersed along the tower, but the nearest one is about 5 floors above you.

You try to rotate the bar the other way but it stops immediately, internal mechanism preventing it from moving.

You climb back down to the ground floor and get out onto the worm mass. But, feeling thats not quite safe enough, you jump out into the water and swim into the diving bell. You raise it a good 30 or so feet off the surface of the water and watch everything unfold beneath you.

The towers sink straight down into the worm mass and eventually disappear. However, down on the foundation, Muffin watches the worms move upward, revealing more and more of the towers around him until the worms suddenly stop and hold in place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 15, 2017, 10:42:33 pm »

"Hey, don't look at me.  I stole something, so I can run away."

So where's that bore at again?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 16, 2017, 10:27:57 am »

Doug slaps Engi roughly on the back.  "That oughta be the bits ya need, buddy.  Thanks for making me some armor!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 16, 2017, 11:47:11 am »

The rod thing is a call for the worms, it seems to resonate both in this plane and across the sea as well. There's no way to use it to control them; it simply attracts them, they're drawn to it like sharks to blood.
Would it be possible for me to remove this rod structure from the wall and use it to lure the worms around like a pied piper? Or would removing it break the mechanism/prevent it from working properly?
Alternatively, could I somehow mimic the sound this rod makes using spooky ghost powers?

Either way, collect some starfish corpses (including their gauntlet blade thingies!) and deposit them into the same corner of the hangar.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 16, 2017, 06:36:03 pm »

Can I reach an entrance that was previously hidden by the worms? If yes, enter through there.

If no, just have a general look around at what's now on the scene since the worms crawled up.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #673 on: March 16, 2017, 06:55:47 pm »

"There is a diving bell that will take us up to the bore. I'll help you carry those chests with you. Anyone else returning to the bore?"

Bring one of Bargthor's chests into the diving bell.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 16, 2017, 11:07:51 pm »

Search the place where the tower was looking for a way down

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 70