Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137416 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2017, 08:55:29 am »

"Is there no door to the crew quarters? I didn't see one in the schematics."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2017, 11:20:42 am »

Joe Dire performed a bow while extending one hand towards the air, practiced and smooth but with little emotion in it.
"As per law 2684 I extend official salutations to you and express thanks for receiving me in your vessel."
He returned to standing at attention.
"I am requesting information about whether we should concern ourselves with the length of time our non-renewable supplies are expected to last as well as if, when and how we can expect to be resupplied."

Conduct Inquiry

((What kind of clothing would you say a manhunter would wear? Could I say he's wearing some sort of fancy uniform (perhaps with a tri-point hat)?

Would you mind if I ask such questions as I get the feel for the character and the world?))

"You should be good on supplies for a year or so, give or take. If ya start running low head back up the way you came or make a new route back to here and we'll supply ya."

((Depends really. Manhunters have a formal uniform but rarely wear it due to the fact that they don't want to alert their targets. So if you're on mission, you should probably be wearing rather unassuming clothing.))

Nameless remains silent and heads to the sanctuary when released to do so.

I honestly don't know enough to say whether things are balanced or not. I think some of the other players (those who are planning to dive the Deep Sea, or construct artifacts) are undervaluing knowledge a bit, though. If I cold, I'd max out int and knowledge, but one needs at least one in body to live, and some stamina to act, so I need those too.
Ozzy, knowledge is a currency not a stat. It gets used up.  Putting points into it should be impossible but is at the very least ill advised.
Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
 alright, edited. Oops. Kowledge's location in the "Attributes" section of the rules threw me. I wondered why I was the only one spending points on it.

Edcit: ah shit. can't enter the deep sea without an eyedisk. welp, think I'll modify my sheet before it's too late.
Go ahead and do that now. We'll do the ER thing where you can edit yourself any time before you first go out and do shit.

As per knowledge's location, thats another hold over from the system I modified. It was memories there and it was also a currency, but counted as an attribute. I think thats because it's unique from person to person and can't be shared.

((Knowledge not being a stat is fucked, because it's listed as a stat and doesn't say that it's not a stat anywhere in the doc, but whatever. Moved those ten points to stamina.))

"Tell me more about this thing's cannons. How are they aimed? What do they fire? How do we load them? Do they have a fancy magazine to fire really quickly? How much do they penetrate ten feet of steel?"

heya
"They're locked down in place to be able to deal with recoil and keep them in place. You'll have to get the pilot to angle the  Bore to aim for you. They fire an 8 inch solid metal shell, though I suppose you could make up blast ones. Really the things will fire anything so long as its packed right.  Back loading,  with ammo in the cannon room.  Hell no they don't load or fire fast.  I haven't a fucking clue. 

Lotta talk out of this one eh Holiday?"

Joshua takes a small bow before addressing the moleperson and his aide.

"Greetings and salutations to both of you! Allow me to introduce myself, I am Joshua Abraham Darvaza, Emperor of the Deep.

Now, I must say I do have some questions for you, if I may.
Firstly, what exactly is it that we are drilling for? Are we simply exploring and adventuring, or should we be on the lookout for mineral wealth, artifacts and prime real estate?

Secondly, where does this fine drill of yours deposit the dirt it digs up? Does it get rid of them as it goes, or will we be burying ourselves in gravel as we go down?

Thirdly, do we get some radios for ourselves for when we're down there, or will it be shout-o-phone only?

And finally, this whole machine of yours. Very nice, impressive even. Does it come in red as well? Oh, and does this beauty have a name? It'll need a grandiose name if it is to become our new home for the foreseeable future!"

((Also, a few more questions, if you don't mind:
1)Could you talk a little bit more about how we'll get new gear? Are we supposed to build everything ourselves that isn't simple enough to be stored on the drill, with a pure player-driven economy? Or will we get the chance to buy/trade with npc's from time to time?
2)For that matter, will we ever be visiting/are we allow to visit things like towns or one of the big cities, by drilling our way there if need be?
3)How do you see this go in terms of main gameplay? Since only 10 are going out at once, will they be going with certain mission objectives, or just run around outside until they get bored or die?
4)And for the people not getting themselves killed outside, will they get to do anything on-ship on-drill in the meantime, besides talking to other players?

Hope that didn't overload you already!))
"All of them, really. We want you to go as deep as you can and find as much as possible. Try to keep on good relations with any new races you find,  grab anything that looks valuable, map out good places for new settlements, all that.

You'll leave a tunnel behind you. To be honest I'm not sure where the rock goes either. Or how this thing works with a drill smaller than the diameter of its largest section. Probably best not to worry about it too much.

There's a few radios in storage, I think, and the dive suits in the airlock have radios. But they're not gonna work at any real range in the underground, especially if you put rock between each other.

It's got a designation but we leave the naming up to the crew."

((Well, that depends on the things you run into. I mean, if you find an underground city down there, you'll probably find merchants who might have nice things. But a lot of this stuff you're gonna be building for yourselves, especially the more advanced stuff.

Again, thats totally possible and probably inevitable really.  There's a lot of weird stuff down there so the hidden villages of the ant women might have some fun stuff to buy. Dunno what they use as currency though.

There's no one handing you missions per say, but I like to think the interactions and quest hooks will be obvious enough. If people feel unmoored and don't know what to do, however, they can always ask Sou on the radio and he'll tell them something to do.

Reading in the archive, sparing in the common room, diving in the sanctuary, building in the work room, etc. Mostly a glorified lobby, but if the drill ever comes under attack things are gonna get messy. ))

"Does this thing even go sideways? Wouldn't that put the deck at an unwalkable angle?
Ohh! Can it go up?! I bet the surface is exciting this time of year! Might want some extra armor if we go that route, but we could figure something out."

Holiday chimes in.

"It does go sideways. And up too. It can walk sideways or up if the tunnel is large enough or drill through if not. But you're gonna have to lock things down for drilling hard in any of those directions.  I suggest moving at downward diagonals instead of hard right angles."

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Engie puts his hand up.

"How much maintenance is the drill going to need, and in what capacity?"

"Most of it is going to be repairs to damage. The drill self maintains almost everything aside from the fuel supply."

"Is there no door to the crew quarters? I didn't see one in the schematics."
Holiday narrows her eyes at you and then turns to one of the men finishing the cockpit and starts talking quietly to him.  After a moment she walks briskly to the elevator and heads down. As soon as she's out of the room Sou erupts into laughter.

"Oooh, pity her my friends. They only give her apprentices to work with."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2017, 11:33:28 am »

"I want a firearm. No, wait"
Waffel's ocular sensors zoom in an out a few times, before he continues.
"That wasn't a question. Could I get a firearm?"

((I'm imagining as a slightly better armoured K2S0, because I just really liked his design.))
Missed me, probably because I didn't bold anything. sorry about that.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2017, 12:17:32 pm »

Lotta talk out of this one eh Holiday?
"Ah yes, well, it runs in the family you see, us Darvaza's have always been a rather talkative lot!"

"All of them, really. We want you to go as deep as you can and find as much as possible. Try to keep on good relations with any new races you find,  grab anything that looks valuable, map out good places for new settlements, all that.
"On matters of business however, if we find interesting things down there, are we allowed to keep it? Or is there some sort of reward pay if we bring back the good stuff or find exceptionally nice locales?

Furthermore, any chance we could get some of our pay in advance, in case we find some locals to barter with? Perhaps in some form that's more universal than our local currency? I doubt there are many down there that take our money!"

Talking to the amazing mole-man and his sidekick, overworked mechanic.

Then, addressing the presumptive pilot:
"Perhaps we could dig down to the left at a 45% angle for a while? Then later we could crawl back up and do the same thing in the other direction."

There's no one handing you missions per say, but I like to think the interactions and quest hooks will be obvious enough. If people feel unmoored and don't know what to do, however, they can always ask Sou on the radio and he'll tell them something to do.
((Fair enough. If we get in the situation where we're dawdling too much after 'clearing' an area I'm sure you'll find a way to shove us back into the drill and continue going. No handy shock units in our spines this time though...  ;D ))
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 12:27:25 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2017, 12:22:36 pm »

"Well, I have no more questions. I'm going to go look around the drill if I'm allowed to."

If allowed to explore, go see if there's a door to the crew quarters myself. Practice hiding on the way. Else...

Spoiler: If not allowed: (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2017, 12:28:56 pm »

"Possession of more than adequate supplies is good. I will take this opportunity to request from the rest of the crew to refrain from frivolous waste just because we are in possession of spares. Beyond their obvious usefulness, these supplies could very well be used to salvage any items of value we encounter or as currency when trading with any civilizations we encounter."

"I request further information. I wish to know if this vessel in possession of any out of the ordinary machine intelligence and if it offers any protection from the influences of the Deep Sea."

Further inquiry

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2017, 12:57:16 pm »

Have a good look round the bridge. Any important looking levers or controls whose functions I can discern?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 06:25:04 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2017, 01:14:16 pm »

alright well gents would anyone happen to now where I could get a couple of spare bodies?

see if I can salvage some medical supplies from the medbay.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 04:08:43 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2017, 04:03:51 pm »

Ooh, Junior meatbags.

Help Holiday intimidate some workers for fun and profit.

Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 04:10:04 pm by Devastator »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2017, 06:13:21 pm »

Engie raises his hand

"I ain't too bad with them tools, if'n they're fixin' things up to go. Maybe I could lend a hand."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2017, 06:30:25 pm »

"Officer, I think he was referring more to the fact that the ceiling might suddenly become the wall or the floor, making the living accommodations for us slightly, ah, less convenient."
Thumonic frowns.
"I don't look that much like a boy..."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2017, 07:00:48 pm »

"I want a firearm. No, wait"
Waffel's ocular sensors zoom in an out a few times, before he continues.
"That wasn't a question. Could I get a firearm?"

((I'm imagining as a slightly better armoured K2S0, because I just really liked his design.))
Missed me, probably because I didn't bold anything. sorry about that.

"Sure,  there's the tools  and supplies to make'em in the work room."

Lotta talk out of this one eh Holiday?
"Ah yes, well, it runs in the family you see, us Darvaza's have always been a rather talkative lot!"

"On matters of business however, if we find interesting things down there, are we allowed to keep it? Or is there some sort of reward pay if we bring back the good stuff or find exceptionally nice locales?

Furthermore, any chance we could get some of our pay in advance, in case we find some locals to barter with? Perhaps in some form that's more universal than our local currency? I doubt there are many down there that take our money!"

Talking to the amazing mole-man and his sidekick, overworked mechanic.

Then, addressing the presumptive pilot:
"Perhaps we could dig down to the left at a 45% angle for a while? Then later we could crawl back up and do the same thing in the other direction."

((Fair enough. If we get in the situation where we're dawdling too much after 'clearing' an area I'm sure you'll find a way to shove us back into the drill and continue going. No handy shock units in our spines this time though...  ;D ))

"Didn't read that poster too careful, did ya? You can keep anything the powers that be don't want,  but if they want it you gotta give it up. You'll get rewarded, but I'm not sure with what. Be honest with ya kid, I'm just in charge of getting you guys down into the ground and reporting what you find. Bounty is above my snout. 

The question is what we should send ya as currency. You humans are big fans of gold, for reasons I've never understood, but the desires of other beings are not easy to guess. Aside from raw materials or food that is. If all else fails, trade a bad crewman. "

((Yeah, the deep sea means I can just summon in extradimensional hellspawn whenever I want.))

"Well, I have no more questions. I'm going to go look around the drill if I'm allowed to."

If allowed to explore, go see if there's a door to the crew quarters myself. Practice hiding on the way. Else...

Spoiler: If not allowed: (click to show/hide)

You take the elevator back down and walk over to where the crew quarts should be. You find Holiday standing around in the hall, glaring at a group of apprentices who are cutting into the wall.

"Did you not think it odd that we would fill a room with nicely made beds and storeage lockers and then seal it off behind a wall? That perhaps you may have been misinterpreting something?" She asks them, her voice quiet but at razor edged.

"Possession of more than adequate supplies is good. I will take this opportunity to request from the rest of the crew to refrain from frivolous waste just because we are in possession of spares. Beyond their obvious usefulness, these supplies could very well be used to salvage any items of value we encounter or as currency when trading with any civilizations we encounter."

"I request further information. I wish to know if this vessel in possession of any out of the ordinary machine intelligence and if it offers any protection from the influences of the Deep Sea."

Further inquiry
"Well, the whole drill has got some life in her. Thats how she walks so well. But we got a brain over there, behind the elevator.  Thats the biggest piece of machine intelligence here. Deepest Engine too. But as per protection, I doubt it will ofter you much really.  Probably will stop incarnation of low level entities within short ranges, if only because it interferes with them seeing you."

Have a good look round the bridge. Any important looking levers or controls whose functions I can discern?

[Control 0+2]
You cannot understand literally a single fucking thing here. This is just a nightmare of nixie tubes, gaugues, levers and buttons that hurts your eyes.

alright well gents would anyone happen to now where I could get a couple of spare bodies?

see if I can salvage some medical supplies from the medbay.
[Find I dunno, no sheet here+ 13]

You find a box of bandages. [Build+1]

Engie raises his hand

"I ain't too bad with them tools, if'n they're fixin' things up to go. Maybe I could lend a hand."

Ooh, Junior meatbags.

Help Holiday intimidate some workers for fun and profit.

Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)

You both head downstairs and stand around on either side of Holiday, slinging sweet insults at the apprentices as they hurriedly install a door on the crew quarters.

"Hey Barg?"

"What meatbag?"

"These guys are pretty polite, don't ya think?"

"Why do you think that?"

"Well just look at them all, hurrying to open a door for a lady."

"Yes. Their feeble human fumbling is quite amusing. When they die of old age, I shall chuckle at their scurrying."

"You're bad at jokes."

"And you're bad at keeping your body fuilds contained."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2017, 07:08:31 pm »

Oh my god. You're gonna need a separate thread for the nitpickers, lol.

Anyway, my sheet is done. My guy is pretty much the exact opposite of what i was going for, but eh, play to the swtrengths of the archetype and all.

Nameless grabs anyone who looks good with tools, and mutters one mord to them: "Machete." If one agrees, he proceeds to the next and says "Climbing pick." If that gets a positive response, he moves to the next and says "carabiners."

Hey, Jag, syv, Sia, Egan, RC, or Gentlefish, wanna make me a makeshift weapon and possibly some tools?

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:26:35 pm by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2017, 07:12:30 pm »

"Wonderful. I really question the decision to send us away on this fairly important and probably pretty expensive bore without even supplying any standard weapons to defend it with. Deep sigh.

Are any of you organics interested in making me a firearm? I'll make sure to cover your squishy sack of fluids you call a body in the next firefight if you do."

Spoiler: Waffel (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:44:30 pm by Pancaek »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2017, 07:15:27 pm »

"Huh. I'm going to go see what would I would like for a weapon."

Walk over to the archive, and look through combat manuals.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:24:09 pm by Rautherdir »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 70