Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to learn Magic, the HARD way. (7/∞ Alive)Always Accepting Players) Turn 9  (Read 7691 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

Welcome, to Jurassic P-WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH, WOAH, HOLD ON A SECOND! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? This, is Jurras-NO IT'S NOT! Hmmm? Ugh, what you guys talking about now? HE THINKS THIS IS JURRASIC PARK, WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY ROLL TO LEARN MAGIC! Wait, are we not doing the Jurrasic Park idea then? I thought we were? ...You didn't attend the meeting, did you? BUT I THOUGH JURRASIC PARK WAS AN OBVIOUS CHOICE! NO! WE. ARE. DOING. MY. I. DE. A. AND THAT'S THAT! BUT I-... Well, ok then, fine, you do your own bloody idea. Thank you. Now, Welcome to Roll To Learn Magic, with the Hard Way Expansion Pack!

Everyone starts with a book with page 1 containing all the letters of the alphabet, and you can combine 5 diferent letters to make a singular spell, like "klade" which you can put on page 2. Page 3 is for when you combine 2 spells, let's say Klade, and... blats, combining the 1st, 3rd, and 5th letters of the first word with the 2nd and 4th letters of the second word, and then adding another, to make (for example) "Klated". Page 4 is for when you say 2 spells one after the another, like "Klade-Blats", and page 5 is for spells that require items to work. I have spent roughly a month writing down every single possible combination of words and what they might of needed in a text document I have, so you don't have to say what the spell does, you just say it.

Rules:
1=Basic RTD rules.
2=No cheating.
3=Don't be a dick.
4=To get the entire character sheet quote the OP, and removing everything except the actual character sheet, including the quote things that appear at the top and bottom of the post.
5=Players are not allowed to use each other's spells, unless they create the spell themselves.
6=Unless you want other players to make your spell, PM me what word your going to use.
7=Players are not allowed to look at each other's books unless they actually get an opportunity to look at it In Game, or they find the book on a corpse/pile of ashes/mass of flesh/tear in the fabric of reality/Bobs(wat?) (Don't worry, I'm pretty sure those opportunities will come around alot...)

Character Sheet:
Name:
Favourite Colour:
Spoiler: Book Page One=Alphabet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Book Page Two=Spells (click to show/hide)

Player Pool:
Rautherdir
star2wars3
Mallos
IcyTea31
ATHATH
Bluexdog
OceanSoul
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 04:15:12 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to learn Magic, the HARD way. (0/∞ Alive)-...Full OP finished now!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 12:15:48 pm »

Character Sheet:
Name: Evandar
Favourite Colour: Navy

((I'm just going to keep updating this post if that's okay. Works better for me on mobile.))
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 03:40:22 pm by Rautherdir »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 01:00:14 pm »

Character Sheet:

((Did I do it right?))
Change M to Male and you did.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 01:27:19 pm »

Player One Ready

Character Sheet:

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

--~~Turn 1~~--

Rautherdir/Evandar:
You suddenly pop into existance, at t-waaaaaait a minute, this isn't Highlight Acadamy... And where did everybody go? The portal was supposed to take you to Highlight Acadamy! Oh well, you'll just have to make do with wherever this is. Where even is this? You look around and see that you are in what appears to be some sort of Roman Era Gladitorial Arena, with a crowd! Although, the crowd is definetely not Roman, you've got all sorts of different things mish mashed in there. Intresting. You suddenly realise that the book your were holding has got alot lighter, with only... 5 pages? Can that even be called a book? You are just thinking this, when it suddenly starts to grow extremely heavy. You look at it again, not it has hundreds of pages, although the first 5 pages are still the only ones you can apparantly use, because all the others are super slippery. Typical. Your just thinking about how your going to get it lighter again, when it turns back into it's original form. A book that reacts to thoughts... Intresting. Anyway, the pages are labeled, but you don't know what to do with them. Hang on, you do! A crap ton of infomation just came into your head about what to do, yet another feature of the book? Maybe, but you have to figure out what to do now.

GM Notes: Yes, I am starting this with only one character, SO WHAT? People can join at any time btw. And, as it sais in the topic summary thing above the actual topic, I am ALWAYS accepting players!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hello, crowd of unknown people, I am a wizard! Empowered by magic and having appeared here completely on purpose for purposes only I could possibly comprehend! And now I will demonstrate my powers for all of you to see!

Cast the obvious first choice spell that I will be PMing you shortly.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Gonna wait a while between turns for now in incase anyone else wants to join.)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 07:03:23 pm »

Character Sheet:
Name: Skeliborn
Favourite Colour: greyGlow(blue)

((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

--~~Turn 2~~--

Rautherdir/Evandar:
"Hello, crowd of unknown people, I am a wizard! Empowered by magic and having appeared here completely on purpose for purposes only I could possibly comprehend! And now I will demonstrate my powers for all of you to see!

Cast the obvious first choice spell that I will be PMing you shortly.
(5)(1) "Hello, crowd of unknown[ people, I am a wizard!" Some of them laugh, some of them facepalm, you even hear one person shouting that it's obvious. "Empowered by magic and having appeared here completely on purpose," The crowd laughs so hard that you hear a ringing in your ears. "For purposes only I could possibly comprehend!" "You were taken here by me to fight, not to yap!" Yells someone on an important looking Porch. You sigh, there goes that act, before saying "And now I will demonstrate my powers for all of you to see!" The crowd all lean forward excitedly, as the ground starts to move before there very eyes, all the sand flying everywhere, creating a sandstorm! However whenever the sand gets to close to the crowd, it just bounces back, probabaly some sort of force field. Luckily the sand seems to stay away from you, but the same can't be said for the new guy.

star2wars3/Skeliborn:
"AND THAT'S THA- Wait a minute, where did everyone go? Jimmy? I didn't mean it Jimmy, please forgive me!" The crowd starts laughing their asses off. "Jim-Jimmy? JIM-Flying sand? What the... AAAAAAAAAAAH MY EEEEEEEYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! (5) You quickly manage to get the sand out of your eyes, covering your face with your hands as you do it.

GM Notes: If you want, you can PM me the whole list of the actual spells when PMing me with a new spell, and just give them fancy titles in the book without putting the actual spell in the book.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 06:57:17 am by TankKit »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I should probably name the spells after finding out what they do, that last one's title didn't even make sense. Also, who said I couldn't talk and fight at the same time, much more entertaining that way in my opinion. Let us all see what other wonders I can do!"

Cast Currently Researching

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Summon the Magic Blade Vortex Bane

Cast Currently Researching
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 05:54:08 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need to find out the spell for it first :) And yes, there is actually a spell for it.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need to find out the spell for it first :) And yes, there is actually a spell for it.

I'll help explain. Right now we are researching basic spells. A basic spell is 5 different letters strung together. I actually have 3 lists for the spells I have researched:
The list in my first post, which contains the title and the discovered effects.
The list I pm to TankKit, which contains the title and the word.
The list on my hard drive, which contains the title, word, and the discovered effects.

For example in the post I would write:
  • Example Spell. Reaction: Unknown

To TankKit I would PM:
Other spells
Example Spell: ABCDE

And on my personal list I would have:
Example Spell: ABCDE. Reaction: Unknown.

Whenever I want to cast a spell in my action, I use the title, like so:
Cast Example Spell ((Not my actual action.))

I pm TankKit a new list of titles and words whenever I cast a spell that isn't in the last list I sent him.

And that is how basic spells work.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 01:18:56 pm by Rautherdir »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well explained.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

Name: Vollitz
Favourite Colour: Murder

Cast the spell I sent TankKit, laughing maniacally all the while
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 05:15:29 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6