Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (3/?) Turn ?: Interest Check on Possible Return  (Read 19955 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (7/?) Turn Two: Scrabbling for Coins
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2016, 07:00:34 pm »

Guys. Whatever you do, don't touch the ring. If you do you'll trigger a trap which will probably send us to the bottom of the dungeon and our deaths. I've seen it happen in animes so I can never be too careful.

Snap a picture of the ring. Have the light from the camera trigger some trap that leads us deeper into the dungeon.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2016, 07:12:34 pm »

(OH, great, for xmas so i will keep with the elven metallic ears :v)

*Looks at the door upward in the first room, and looks at someone that looks like a thief* (everybody including me)

"Quaack?"

Quackslator: "Gentle-mans could i gently KICK THE CRAP OF THIS DOOR or should i wait for someone making sure it hasn't a trap?"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2016, 09:41:55 pm »

(OH, great, for xmas so i will keep with the elven metallic ears :v)

*Looks at the door upward in the first room, and looks at someone that looks like a thief* (everybody including me)

"Quaack?"

Quackslator: "Gentle-mans could i gently KICK THE CRAP OF THIS DOOR or should i wait for someone making sure it hasn't a trap?"
Just so everyone knows, there are currently no traps that are attached to doors. They're all room traps. Anyway, want to kick it or not?

Expect the next turn soon, after our lovable waterfowl decides whether or not to kick the door. Hopefully Mallos will post in that time, too.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2016, 10:59:25 pm »

(Alright, I'm back.)

Look tough while following the rest of the group.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2016, 01:39:55 am »

Run after the ring out of marching order. Only I deserve it.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2016, 09:48:58 am »

*looks at the voice from the sky*

"quack"

Quackslator: "It must be a hallucination"

*Kick the door*
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2016, 10:19:49 am »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
T   U   R   N        3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gaila sighs; these idiots have already seen the ring. Oh well. Maybe next time. Skeliborn steps up and snaps a picture of the ring just in time to get one without Urist, Azet, and Kobosh in the shot scrabbling crazily as the three make for the ring!

I'm doing this as (Speed) - (Marching Order) + 1d6 and comparing results.
Urist: 6 - 2 + 2 = 6
Azet: 4 - 5 + 1 = 0
Kobosh: 7 - 4 + 4 = 7

The three go careening into the room crazily, Kobosh managing to shove Urist out of the way and grab the ring, cackling fatuously as the incredible feeling of ill getting some ill gotten gains courses through his humoral system. Before Urist can catch him, he charges forward and SLAMS his shoulder into the unlocked iron door to the north, (6) throwing it completely off its rusted hinges with a crash!

A sudden cacophony of screeches and hoots rises from the corridor as the heavy iron door flies forward and lands on one of the six large and vicious dungeon owls, crushing it and blasting a puff of downy feathers into the air! KILLING BLOW +5 POINTS!

Kobosh thuds to the ground, thrown somewhat off balance by his dramatic shoulder tackle. He rises back to his feet and attempts to sprint back out the way he came, but the owls are hooting for blood and their talons clack horribly around him! (7+4 vs 8+3) He makes the narrowest of escapes, just barely getting back before being torn apart by angry strigidae.

The rest of the party witnesses Kobosh smash an owl and then get chased back to them. The flurry of feathers and claws will be upon them next turn! Marching order is basically chaos at this point, but if it were an actual order it would look something like this:

MARCHING ORDER
1. Kobosh the Red, Human Tourist
2. Urist, Dwarf Priest
3. Azet Azirkan, Hairfoot Tourist
4. Gaila, Human Thief
5. Skeliborn, Human Tourist
6. Dan Kale, Hairfoot Warrior

Off in the previous room, Il Duce quacks in confusion, noticing that nobody has answered his question and that he is now standing alone in front of the door he was kicking down. Fuck yeah, let's do this shit.

*looks at the voice from the sky*

"quack"

Quackslator: "It must be a hallucination"

*Kick the door*
[3] Il Duce rears back a mighty kick, but his duck legs are so short that it doesn't go all the way through and only busts the wooden door off the lower hinge and breaks it a little bit. The snarling from inside gets louder, and then the enormous paw of a tiger shoots through the gap and tears away part of the door, revealing the room beyond; three angry tigers prowl through that cavernous space, like an unimaginative metal album cover. On the next turn, the one up front will be done tearing down the door and they may flood into the room. The closest tiger is looking at the duck and licking its lips.

Score updates:
Kobosh gets +4 for entering a new room, +1 for the ring, +4 for entering another new room, and +5 for splattering an owl.
Everybody else except for the duck get +4 for entering a new room. On the other hand, the duck isn't about to be torn to shreds by owls. I wrote that last sentence before I saw omada's new post. I suppose it is still technically true.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 10:30:56 am by inaluct »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (7/?) Turn Three: Beset Upon By Dungeon Owls
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2016, 10:40:28 am »

"FOR AAAAAARMOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!" CHARGE FORWARD AGAINST THE OWLS!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2016, 10:41:37 am »

Do my duty as a warrior and attack the owls with my knife
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2016, 10:43:14 am »

Just a quick note because I'm not sure if I explained this before: You have a few options in combat. You can obviously attack, use special abilities, run away, all that good stuff, but you can also spend a turn defending and roll under defense to block attacks. I think the way accuracy in a fight works in this game is bad, but I'm gonna run with it for now and see how it goes in actual play before changing it up.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2016, 10:44:05 am »

Kobosh will shoulder charge the hell out of each consecutive owl AND THEN THE DOOR BEYOND, stopping only to speak loudly and slowly in Tourish English:

"Attention, vagrant owl scum! Où est la plage! I said, OÙ EST LA PLAGE!!"

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2016, 10:52:42 am »

OMG its owls. I've always wanted to see one of those!!!!! Can I have4 your autographs Mr. Owl?
Try to pluck the owl's feathers. (This is the equivalent of trying to take anything owned by a celebrity. Also the owl probably would use one of its feathers as a pen anyways).
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2016, 10:56:20 am »

Man, next turn is gonna be messy.

By the way, are my hideous MSPaint maps displaying for you guys? They aren't on my end for some reason, which is actually a mercy and makes this whole experience better, but that's not the intended experience for players.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2016, 11:03:33 am »

(sorry guys, but this gonna be fun)

"QUACK"

"HEY GUYS TONIGHT  WE FEAST IN TIGERS MEAT... GUYS? GUYS? HOLY FEATHER WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

*stab the tiger using the hole and the door as a kind of shield. But prepared to run, or get angry*

(Maybe he will focus on my arm and miss and then i can get a turn to think, about running? The most inteligent course of action should be run back to the other room and close the door, but... quack)
Novice english wordsmith

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2016, 11:05:10 am »

(sorry guys, but this gonna be fun)

"QUACK"

"HEY GUYS TONIGHT  WE FEAST IN TIGERS MEAT... GUYS? GUYS? HOLY FEATHER WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

*stab the tiger using the hole and the door as a kind of shield. But prepared to run, or get angry*

(Maybe he will focus on my arm and miss and then i can get a turn to think, about running? The most inteligent course of action should be run back to the other room and close the door, but... quack)

And the map is working fine here

Oh god. My beer is already doing effect. i wanted to modify not quoting myself :V
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15