Yes
- 4 (40%)
No
- 2 (20%)
Coolio
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Survival of the Meanest  (Read 37228 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Meanest
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2016, 12:42:56 am »

Spoiler: Gromble! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Prior Action (click to show/hide)

Turn I Day IV

The sun peaks on over through the previously-grey above, Grom's words hold true. A certain uneasiness blankets the sparse wood however. Still, with resolve and will at their greatest of heights, the immense Gromble's eyes come open in abrupt fashion. Instantly, the man's head swivels back and forth, absorbing the surroundings, the himself, and finally the small form of the lilliputian.

Another great wave of relief washes over him.

He stands, gathers his things. . . Thing. And shortly thereafter gestures his new companion awake. "The morning hours wane little one. We must away to scavenge that area you spoke of." With the he nearly sets off, but quickly turns again to the small being, "Gromble. . . I am Grom." His teeth show through a smile as he begins to leave camp, hopefully with the lilliputian as guide, by his side.

And then hopefully there after, they'll have a good go at gathering useful supplies at the aforementioned town.

[[  Also, lovely creature, I dread to know if it's the same one that tore the dwarf asunder! ]]

Although it isn't the exact same creature, it is of a similar breed, and under the sway of the same dark magics...
You may have noticed that I'm going with an "evil shadow" theme. I just thought an illustration would be nice.

You leave Fu Qyu to his devices after he leads you to a murky swamp. Although foreboding, the area looks promising to those looking for supplies. The peat-filled bog smells terrible, and it's littered with dead creatures of all sorts. To your disgust, some of the corpses are those of sentient beings. Many are Elven. You see a number of Elven battle standards, and conclude that a war is underway. Despite your distaste for scavenging, you manage to strip one of the Elves of his armor. It's a bit small on you, but it fits.
You get

Elven Battle Armor, +2 defense

Before you can get anything else, you hear a great clamor, and the clash of steel on steel. You run towards the sound and see an Elven platoon under attack by a Goblin horde. The battle is taking place in the ruins of some sort of village. The Elves, outnumbered, eventually retreat, but not before killing a decent number of the Goblin pillagers. Your eye lands on a severely wounded Elf, left for dead. The Goblins indeed thought he was dead, but you know better. His chest moves slightly, and his fingers twitch. A short spear is lodged in his stomach. You leave, but not before rolling a small edible fruit over to the Elf. By the time the Elf notices the food he received, you're long gone.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2016, 02:07:15 am »

[[ Looovely. Time for me to call it a night. In case Grom's turn comes again before I get back to it. Just try to picture the manliest possible action and go from there. ]]

[[ EDIT: Back in action, sleep was kind to me. ]]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:22:00 am by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2016, 03:11:39 am »

Sooo, for me you update this in the middle of the night. Sorry, but I'm going to withdraw so someone else more in your time zone can join the game, because your time zone is extremely inconvenient for me, and I don't want to hold up the game in any way. Fu-Ka-yu is dead.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2016, 07:34:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Combat Stance: Balanced
Loot Fu-Ka-Yu, then go hunting.
"I have to explain this to that kid, don't I..."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2016, 10:27:52 am »

[[ Looovely. Time for me to call it a night. In case Grom's turn comes again before I get back to it. Just try to picture the manliest possible action and go from there. ]]

[[ EDIT: Back in action, sleep was kind to me. ]]
Glad to have ya back.
Sooo, for me you update this in the middle of the night. Sorry, but I'm going to withdraw so someone else more in your time zone can join the game, because your time zone is extremely inconvenient for me, and I don't want to hold up the game in any way. Fu-Ka-yu is dead.

I really liked Fu-Ka-Yu, and I'm sad to see him go. Best of luck, TankKit.
You fall into a patch of quicksand. By the time Julio and Elise arrive, you've vanished beneath the sand. Before succumbing to asphyxiation, you hear, faintly, the hysterical crying of the girl.

'Poor child... she couldn't help me from that which I saved her. I pray that the man takes care of her...'

Fu-Ka-Yu has perished, drowned in a pit of quicksand.

Loot Fu-Ka-Yu, then go hunting.
"I have to explain this to that kid, don't I..."
You calm down the girl, who arrived before you. Half submerged in the quicksand is Fu's mace. You grab it, but it doesn't compare to your bone knife. You hand it to Elise, who has stopped weeping and is now sitting in the mud. She grabs the mace and cradles it, as if letting it go would make her forget Fu-Ka-Yu. After that, she seems to handle it pretty well. She gives you her copper dagger, and straps the mace in her belt.
You get

Copper dagger, +1 attack

Nothing is said for a long time. You eventually decide to go hunting, and stand up to leave. Elise stands up as well.

"I'm coming with you."

You don't say no.

You have a new companion, Julio! You can copy Elise's character sheet from Fu's spoiler, just add the mace and remove the dagger from her inventory.

You spend a while hunting. You surprise attack a wild boar!

Combat log:
You strike the wild boar with your bone blade, hitting its head.
Elise strikes the wild boar with her crude mace, hitting its tusk.
The boar charges you, but misses.
You strike at the boar, but miss.
Elise strikes the wild boar with her crude mace, hitting its head. You hear a crunch. (critical hit)
The wild boar charges at you, grazing your leg with its tusk and drawing blood! -4 hp
You strike the wild boar with your bone blade in the back.
Elise bashes her shield against the boar.
The boar is stunned by the shield bash!
You strike the boar with your bone blade, killing it.

You get

Boar leather x 2
Sharp tusk
Sinew x 4
Bone x 3

"i-i-it's not like I've been here long, or anything. Y-y-you can have it. I'll find another. I-i-i am ex-exiled here. It was an accident, really, but they didn't believe me.

Be wary, Mister! There are others about. Goblins raided a town to the west. there are still bodies on the ground there ... we could maybe scavenge some supplies from there tomorrow. You're pretty big. I bet teh goblins wouldn't fight you.

South is a forest. A creepy forest. I ran from there after being attacked. there were others. They didn't seem so bad, but I don't know what happened to them.

Fu Qyu will converse with the big guy, and try to find a nice secret hiding place nearby for the night.

Spoiler: Fu Qyu (click to show/hide)
After you lead Gromble to the swamp, you go back to your camp. You grab your few possessions and trek South. You hope that you don't run into that Elf again. You pass the clearing where you saw the gnome and the girl, and make a camp on the fringes of the burning town. The Goblin warriors never notice, and you eventually conceal it in a nest of leaves. You can light a fire, and nobody would ever see it. You do just that, striking your hunting knife against your flint nodule and creating sparks. You ignite a small pile of twigs, and smile at your success.

You hunt. You are able to kill a deer, using your arrow as a dart and closing in with your stick.
You get

Deer leather
Sinew x 2
Bone

Turn 2 of Day 4 has started!
The sun drives away the shadows, and all is well. The old trader curses his luck as his small cart falls apart, hitting one of the many rocks scattered across the field. He'll have to spend the night in the Northern Wilds...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:37:57 am by Rethi-Eli »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2016, 10:31:54 am »

((You said Fu Qyu died, when it was Fu-Ka-Yu.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2016, 10:38:31 am »

((You said Fu Qyu died, when it was Fu-Ka-Yu.))
Thanks, I might have missed that if you didn't help!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2016, 10:42:08 am »

Use sinew to bind the bones together into a piece of armor. Fit it with leather for comfort.
"Hey, uhh... Aim for legs or arms with that mace. It can break bones.

And uhhh... I'm sorry for your loss...
"

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2016, 10:45:00 am »

You just made me feel like the biggest dick ever.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2016, 10:54:38 am »

Fighting Style: Balanced

Han Yu looks at his shoddy equipment and shakes his head. He goes foraging, looking for useful materials.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2016, 11:15:30 am »

Turn II Day IV

'Best not involve myself. . .' The giant ponders to himself, getting lost in the thought for a moment. Though, wouldn't rolling food over to an injured side count as 'involvement?' He did not know, though, Grom was sure he would have done the same for a goblin just as well.

Retreating somewhat into the swamp, the large man calls out, looking about for the lilliputian, before realizing they seemed to vanish. Had they returned to the camp after scrounging sufficient supplies? Gromble simply hoped that little one was alright. . . For the best perhaps.

With that, Grom decided to fit the elven-craft armor about himself, begging forgiveness that the spirit of its previous owner would not hold it against him all the while.

At last, the large man bounding back again for camp, if goblin hordes and elven parties strewn themselves around the ruins, it would not be the best place to stick around by any stretch. On his way, he'd of course forage, and hopefully do what he can to build that fire back at the small encampment.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 03:03:32 pm by Unraveller »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2016, 02:42:51 pm »

Fighting Style: Balanced

Han Yu looks at his shoddy equipment and shakes his head. He goes foraging, looking for useful materials.
You go back to the ruins of the village. The fires that had once blanketed it are no more, but the Goblins still roam. A few Elven Revolutionary soldiers are locked up in cages, their hands bound. You know there's been a battle, and although you don't want to, you go look for a corpse to strip. Sure enough, you come across a dead Goblin, an Elven arrow lodged in his chest. The arrow looks useless, but the pike that the Goblin clutches in his stiff fingers looks to be of more use. You pry away his hands and take the pike. It's not of the finest quality, but it's much better than an arrow. You also find a few copper coins on the Goblin, and pocket them.
You get

Shoddy bronze pike, +3 attack, +1 attack priority, prone to breaking
Copper drachma x 7

You get as far away from the battlefield as you can.

'Best not involve myself. . .' The giant ponders to himself, getting lost in the thought for a moment. Though, wouldn't rolling food over to an injured side count as 'involvement?' He did not know, though, Grom was sure he would have done the same for a goblin just as well.

Retreating somewhat into the swamp, the large man calls out, looking about for the lilliputian, before realizing they seemed to vanish. Had they returned to the camp after scrounging sufficient supplies? Gromble simply hoped that little one was alright. . . For the best perhaps.

With that, Grom decided to fit the elven-craft armor about himself, begging forgiveness that the spirit of its previous owner would not hold it against him all the while.

At last, the large man bounding back again for camp, if goblin hordes and elven parties strewn themselves around the ruins, it would not be the best place to stick around by any stretch. On his way, he'd of course forage, and hopefully do what he can to build that fire back at the small encampment.

You rolled extremely high for the forage, not so well for the fire.
You start to head back, keeping an eye out for anything of use. On your way back, you hear growling. You silently approach the noise, and see a dog squaring off against two wolves. They aren't fighting, but the dog is smaller than the wolves, and it's trying to escape. You jump out of the brush, scaring off the wolves. The dog is frozen in place, now growling at you. You hold out your hand for the dog to sniff. It tentatively sniffs your index finger, then barks. You smile, and leave, glad that you helped the dog. However, the dog trails you, following you wherever you go. When you get back to Fu Qyu's old your new camp, the dog is still there. You try to start a fire, but yesterday's rains made most of the wood wet, and you can't get one going.

At least you have this dog. You wonder what to name him.

You have a new companion! Give him/her a name and I'll give you some stats.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2016, 02:57:45 pm »

[[ Oooh, a puppy! This'll just be a fluff post and naming the doggy then, while we wait for others' turns. ]]

Again, taking in the surroundings of the diminutive camp site, a sprinkle of uneasiness comes over Grom. He questions the safety of the little one, had he accidentally left him behind? They were quite small afterall, it wouldn't be so unheard of. . .

The massive man's thoughts were broken in the moment, the pup of earlier had arrived right after him. Unexpected, but certainly not unwelcome. From his seat upon a log, Gromble reaches out with one his thick hands to firmly stroke the animal. It's fur, while matted, retained a certain brown sheen.

"Where are you from, boy?" He spoke with a slight chuckle. Of course he wouldn't get an answer.

"Hund, you like? I think I'll call you that. . ." He continues happily, whatever negative emotions he had built up from earlier vanished near instantly as he pet his new companion.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2016, 03:01:54 pm »

Fighting style: aggressive

Han Yu stealthily approaches the village again. If he sees any lone goblins, he rushes them. If not, he hides nearby the village.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2016, 03:09:23 pm »

Use sinew to bind the bones together into a piece of armor. Fit it with leather for comfort.
"Hey, uhh... Aim for legs or arms with that mace. It can break bones.

And uhhh... I'm sorry for your loss...
"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23