Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189356 times)

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1860 on: March 02, 2017, 07:45:39 pm »

Does anyone have a link for an early game guide? Running into the problem of never having enough stone for better buildings. When should I be thinking about making these? I have two quarrymen on auto duty, but it still barely seems to make a dent.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: March 02, 2017, 07:58:16 pm »

Does anyone have a link for an early game guide? Running into the problem of never having enough stone for better buildings. When should I be thinking about making these? I have two quarrymen on auto duty, but it still barely seems to make a dent.

Unless they're workshops (broadly speaking) building quality is not at all important, and generally time consuming. (you only need about 50% for a lot of stuff, some as high as possible, others its doesnt matter at all) Build with brick. Also, TWO quarrymen? If you insist on building with stone you'll need 10-20 for a reasonable amount.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #1862 on: March 02, 2017, 08:01:23 pm »

Unless they're workshops (broadly speaking) building quality is not at all important, and generally time consuming. (you only need about 50% for a lot of stuff, some as high as possible, others its doesnt matter at all) Build with brick. Also, TWO quarrymen? If you insist on building with stone you'll need 10-20 for a reasonable amount.

Fair enough, I don't know what's normal at this point, especially early game. From browsing the thread, it seems like spamming out some huts is important to get the workers first.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: March 02, 2017, 08:02:40 pm »

Not even workshops need quality - except if a forge is added. Also, factory-type buildings like the blast furnace and glass factory(these are not specialized from workshops) also gain a bonus from quality. If the building gives a skill bonus, quality matters.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: March 02, 2017, 08:13:36 pm »

hut spam is good, building vertically is better. If you've got the resources, it's more efficient to build as many houses as possible rather than continue the hut spam. You may want to expand in waves. Also, building time is cut in half for anywheres within 8 arpents of your starting square.

Corik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: March 03, 2017, 09:47:24 am »

I think I'll stay in my place in the north (01353W:21275N). I've started a new domain nearby and probably start a new one next week so I can improve my chances of survival there. What do you think guys?

Have made a more advanced excel version of the profession adviser(...)

That's amazing.

I've been playing with it and realized that my job assignments are not "optimal". Should I kill my units if they are not "excellent" or only if they are really bad? For example, some of them socre around 30-40, while a few are rated at 50 for their jobs. Thanks!

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 03, 2017, 10:55:29 am »

I usually kill off those who are not good for any job (less than 12 in corresponding stats)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: March 03, 2017, 11:27:47 am »

I have yet to find a settler that's so horrible that they can't be trained for something useful - usually one of the construction professions (carpenter/roofer/bricklayer).

I've found as my population grows, even with my happiness pretty high (in the green), new settlers show up less and less often, so I'd rather hold on to the ones I've got.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 03, 2017, 11:45:59 am »

that plus, I think it's also tied to how much housing is available.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: March 03, 2017, 01:10:10 pm »

Ugh, a guy who is obviously funneling in resources from another domain set up next to me and is just expanding right up against me.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 03, 2017, 01:13:02 pm »

Any newer players needing some guidance?  PM me and I'll happily talk to you on Steam.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: March 03, 2017, 01:37:05 pm »

Ugh, a guy who is obviously funneling in resources from another domain set up next to me and is just expanding right up against me.

coords?

Sengoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: March 03, 2017, 02:33:43 pm »

That's amazing.

I've been playing with it and realized that my job assignments are not "optimal". Should I kill my units if they are not "excellent" or only if they are really bad? For example, some of them score around 30-40, while a few are rated at 50 for their jobs. Thanks!

Well, I consider 25+ to be good although I would still be happy giving somebody a job as long as they were above 0.  In the end when you compare it to tools, levels and such it is a minor difference
Therian Saga

Character: Endalos
Profession: Extractor

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: March 03, 2017, 02:36:37 pm »

So, link to the discord? And perhaps could someone try really hard to convince me to play again, because I keep thinking about it but not pulling the trigger.

https://discord.gg/mCBbV

Warning: A lot of people are having meltdowns (or hissyfits) about the recent changes to quality.

But there's no better time to start playing again. Two new, mostly empty continents with plenty of room for development and the quality thing has lowered the gap between the worst and the best domains in terms of equipment.

EDIT: So the playing field is about as even as it can get for a long time at this point. Also let me point out, you really don't have to min-max to do well. Just be wary about where you settle, please, settles as far away from people as possible--you'll have more fun that way.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:39:20 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: March 03, 2017, 02:42:38 pm »

Quality change? What did they change about quality?

Quality was basically uncapped before, so to scale it on an absolute 0-100 scale, Admin's nerfed raw resources, as well applied retroactive nerfs to pretty much everything constructed.

Some people are pretty salty about the rebalancing, some just were chasing the max quality, and others feel that they can't have fun because some old buildings are still pretty good now, but it'll take a while to get back to that point for the rest of us.

Most of it's whining. None of it affects you really. In fact, this change favors new players.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:45:17 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 161