Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189452 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1770 on: February 15, 2017, 02:02:27 pm »

Well got my first offer of vassalage, which is a thing, one of the subjects o the Lordship of Ymir or something, which is apparently forming a new kingdom, offered me the chance to join.  My nearest neighbor took the offer it looks, but eh I declined, rather just hang out as my free-village self for now.  If all else fails I'll flee into the arms of Edelstadt or whatever the bay12 kingdom is.

Welp. Uh, Ymir is a kingdom formerly known as Rouge. They're chill... so I heartily recommend you join up with them. Other than Edelstadt or Cindarin, it's the place I'd recommend joining.

Eh they seem alright with just letting me be independent and I'd rather just be solo anyways. I even sent a character over to Bartarra and we discussed abit we basically came to what I think amounts to a "Hey if you need anything let me know" "Likewise" type of agreement. So things seem cool for now.

On a side note, a number of domains near me seem to have gone inactive, including a rather well developed town.  If I actually had the ambition to manage more than just my singular domain I probably could probably nab some nice stuff, but eh, effort.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: February 15, 2017, 04:53:55 pm »

woohoo! I finally found a spot to claim that had a weir-wood nearby. Totally worth the god awful amount of time I spent searching for it on the map. x-x

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: February 15, 2017, 05:03:42 pm »

Also got an invitation from a vassal of Ymir. I replied that I'll remain neutral, but that I would be interested in reading their terms (constitution etc). Of course, they could easily force me into vassalage, but I guess they prefer people who do it willingly.
Unwilling vassals can easily cause diplomatic shit to happen in your name.
Classics like: "My Suzerain told me to."  or "My Suzerain said doing this was ok."
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: February 15, 2017, 05:34:08 pm »

Also the classic "Kill my suzerain and I'll join you."

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: February 16, 2017, 04:35:28 pm »

Anyone have any kind of a idea of the political landscape in the north? I've been hit with like fourteen offers of vassalage and it's getting a little crazy. I think I startled a bunch of people by how fast my town sprouted up and popped up.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: February 16, 2017, 04:52:23 pm »

Anyone have any kind of a idea of the political landscape in the north? I've been hit with like fourteen offers of vassalage and it's getting a little crazy. I think I startled a bunch of people by how fast my town sprouted up and popped up.

Far North is basically one of the last frontiers on Tetra. Lots of smaller powers vying for the land there, and they often butt heads in one way or another. If you can stay independent I would recommend it, but don't be afraid to vassalize--especially if you have plenty of offers. As a small, vassalized domain, you're basically at the bottom of viable targets list. No one will bother you because you're part of a large realm, but in war, you won't be important enough to attack either.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: February 16, 2017, 05:28:09 pm »

Far North is basically one of the last frontiers on Tetra. Lots of smaller powers vying for the land there, and they often butt heads in one way or another. If you can stay independent I would recommend it, but don't be afraid to vassalize--especially if you have plenty of offers. As a small, vassalized domain, you're basically at the bottom of viable targets list. No one will bother you because you're part of a large realm, but in war, you won't be important enough to attack either.

I'm not exactly a small domain. I'll be hitting 50 settlers soonish.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: February 16, 2017, 05:46:56 pm »

I wonder if I'm painting myself as a target by building a wall. Give another month for the gates, and each section takes about 3 days to erect... damn, I'm looking at around 3 months before my city is enclosed.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: February 16, 2017, 05:54:10 pm »

I'm not exactly a small domain. I'll be hitting 50 settlers soonish.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Being a dick aside, 50 units is really not that much. I've got ~150 and frankly I'm pretty much a small domain.

EDIT:
I wonder if I'm painting myself as a target by building a wall. Give another month for the gates, and each section takes about 3 days to erect... damn, I'm looking at around 3 months before my city is enclosed.

As much a target as anyone else without a completed wall. There are tons of people with half-built walls.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: February 16, 2017, 05:55:19 pm »

I know that feeling. I didn't suddenly start to get all this interest until somebody noticed I was building walls.

And damn, seriously? How the hell do you keep everyone happy with that many units? That's crazy.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: February 16, 2017, 05:57:51 pm »

Ma-ma-ma-money. Produced mostly through the iron reduction industry. Hunting is also quite profitable if you're willing to shell out the initial investment for top-tier gear. Brickmaking is great. Quarrying is great. Etc. Wagon industry is pretty good too. I make a lot off tools.

I mean... 50 units is what. 2.5k pop? I mean, size doesn't necessarily affect your economic well-being, but it does seriously limit how much you can produce as well as your ability to deter others from attacking uo.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:59:34 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: February 16, 2017, 07:01:51 pm »

So how does combat work? I was hoping to use a big river as a natural wall but can soldiers just ignore it and appear in my town? Do tokens give you an edge in battle?

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: February 17, 2017, 04:38:22 am »

Tokens help you move around faster. So yeah, good to have some when fighting someone.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: February 17, 2017, 01:43:49 pm »

My region has had no tallow on the market for more than a week now. But it has cows, and I have a meadow. One way or another I am going to get my tallow...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: February 17, 2017, 02:22:14 pm »

My region has had no tallow on the market for more than a week now. But it has cows, and I have a meadow. One way or another I am going to get my tallow...
Should work. I wonder if there's a viable business model in buying people's found (read low-quality) cows, sheep, and pigs and slaughtering them. It has the benefit of not needing straw, which has been my main stumbling block in trying to raise anything larger than chickens.

Edit: Unrelated to the above... Sweet! The temperature in my domains briefly hit 7 degrees (it normally hovers around 0-2) - long enough to harvest 5000 hay and 3000 straw. I'm breeding me some horses.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:38:29 am by AlStar »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 161