Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189538 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1635 on: January 30, 2017, 10:10:09 pm »

Who lives on Error, if anyone? I have a fledgling settlement on the northern little protrusion of the island, but I have strong neighbors everywhere and would like to make friends (ie: if I piss them off my domain goes bye-bye)
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: January 30, 2017, 11:52:51 pm »

I don't think kills happen on counterattacks, but I honestly don't know the details of how combat works.
They do.  When attacking the lowest you can bring someone is 0% health in a single attack.  It takes one more strike to finish a unit off.  Counter attacks do not have that limitation and you can be taken from 100% to dead from one lucky counter attack.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: January 31, 2017, 04:03:35 am »

Will a wooden fort protect against vassalization? Or is it just a place where you store your lords for safety?

Occupations start from the square? Then they bring happiness down to 0% and vassalization is possible?

How do vassals break vassalization? Can they move up in ranks of the low nobility even though their master is still a lord?
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: January 31, 2017, 04:08:56 am »

No.  Yes.
Yes, and other locations as well but most are secure.  Yes, subjugation can be done in a lot of locations as well.
You can break being a vassal your self if the lord of the domain you are vassal to is dead.  No, each rank has a requirement to earn it and for a lot it means a suzerain of sufficient rank. 

You can also be released from being a vassal if you have a title and the domain above you has a title that doesn't allow you to be under them.  This can happen in 3 ways.  Either they demote them selves for what ever reason, their suzerain demotes them, or they are subjugated by someone that forces a title change (for example a barony is set free if the princedom above them is subjugated by a town since the prince loses the status of prince).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: January 31, 2017, 06:06:34 pm »

Is there any effects from the quality of a coronet? While the help file states is has a +10 to Ceremony when "used as raw material", does that affect things like declaring yourself a lordship?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: January 31, 2017, 09:27:35 pm »

Is there any effects from the quality of a coronet? While the help file states is has a +10 to Ceremony when "used as raw material", does that affect things like declaring yourself a lordship?
I'm not sure, but I think ceremony skill allows you to do actions requiring the ceremony skill.  You can't do some actions until you get some ceremony, so if your lord is tired (and his skills are reduced), you might not be able to become a lord; but if you use a high quality coronet, it might just give you enough ceremony skill to do the ceremony.  It also might reduce the time it takes to do the ceremony.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: January 31, 2017, 09:50:46 pm »

Are you tired of sitting around doing nothing but building your domain?

Have you ever wished you were a viking?  How about a pirate?

Does the thought of raiding fat, complacent southerners get your juices flowing?

Then join me in creating a realm of vikings, raiders, pirates, and cutthroats!  The domain of Grimbeard seeks like minded allies!

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: January 31, 2017, 10:15:08 pm »

If I wall off a peninsula, am I safe? Or only if the walls surround an area
"zzz"

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: January 31, 2017, 11:45:54 pm »

Water doesn't keep anyone out.  Walls must completely surround an area.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: January 31, 2017, 11:46:25 pm »

If I wall off a peninsula, am I safe? Or only if the walls surround an area
Unfortunately, apparently there are an endless amount of rowboats available for anyone who wants them - if you want to be safe from attack, you need to fully wall in.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: February 01, 2017, 12:14:44 am »

Another question, I'm starting a new domain/character/account (long story, didnt like where i settled, and wanted to get the newbie bonus again when i resettled) so I'm looking for a new place, preferably in the north. Does anyone know of a place? I don't want to be right on top of any of you (read: imperial ambitions), but maybe nearby, or something.
"zzz"

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: February 01, 2017, 12:26:39 am »

Another question, I'm starting a new domain/character/account (long story, didnt like where i settled, and wanted to get the newbie bonus again when i resettled) so I'm looking for a new place, preferably in the north. Does anyone know of a place? I don't want to be right on top of any of you (read: imperial ambitions), but maybe nearby, or something.

I can't help much there. Most areas by me are taken, or lack trees of any kind. Got enough mountains around though, you could probably make a small fortune selling em.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: February 01, 2017, 12:39:53 am »

I can't help much there. Most areas by me are taken, or lack trees of any kind. Got enough mountains around though, you could probably make a small fortune selling em.

I actually found a small place not terribly far from where I first settled. But Error is kinda an awful place to settle for the first time (its in the name :P)
"zzz"

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: February 01, 2017, 09:13:22 am »

00524W:30365N

How about around here?

Not to far off from where I am.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: February 01, 2017, 10:06:56 am »

One of my characters is in the north and it seems very sparsely populated. I've got a sizeable island and a peninsula all to myself.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 161