Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189775 times)

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1365 on: January 12, 2017, 09:20:15 pm »

Ideally you want at least plentiful wood, some manner of mineral deposit (either a metal, precious metal, or gemstone,) and Stone. Granite and Basalt preferred, Schist is useless ATM.

Thanks for the tips.. but I think I screwed this part up. Didnt know how to look for stuff aside from trees on this game's map, spawned me somewhere where that is all I have immediate access to. Am I royally boned or ?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 12, 2017, 09:40:57 pm »

Ideally you want at least plentiful wood, some manner of mineral deposit (either a metal, precious metal, or gemstone,) and Stone. Granite and Basalt preferred, Schist is useless ATM.

Thanks for the tips.. but I think I screwed this part up. Didnt know how to look for stuff aside from trees on this game's map, spawned me somewhere where that is all I have immediate access to. Am I royally boned or ?

Hard to say without seeing the location.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 12, 2017, 09:57:28 pm »

04245W:24540N

edit: edited to be a link
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:00:04 pm by Android »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 12, 2017, 10:01:11 pm »

I think you added an extra 4 in there... Are you Engleland?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 12, 2017, 10:22:43 pm »

Yeah, I guess. I didnt get an option to explicitly name my territory so i guess it took my chars surname and just attached an -land to it

edit: found where to change it
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:41:29 pm by Android »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 12, 2017, 10:58:14 pm »

You can link locations. Just zoom into that spot on the map and give the URL.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 13, 2017, 01:53:42 am »

So, you went with the 'higher powers' option?

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 13, 2017, 02:50:37 am »

04245W:24540N

edit: edited to be a link
Starting resources are actually not as important as folks seem to make them out to be.  As long as you have access to the Tetran market, or, if not, at least have some kind of wood, any domain can become prosperous.

You have ashwood, which is in high demand because it gives a +20 turnery modifier.  Buy 10 axes and 10 saws of at least 70% quality, find a settler with high ST and CO, move him onto some trees and train a woodcutter.  Harvest some ash and sell it for the highest price possible.  That should make you some decent money.

Bricks are in high demand, even poor quality starter bricks, so if you really need some cash quick, you can sell around 50 bricks for the highest price possible (not just the default price).  Don't sell all your bricks, though, cause you need some for houses.

You also have fir for cheap hut-making, and limestone for cheap house-making.  Not a bad location as far as resources go.

However, I don't much like the location because of your neighbors.  You started pretty close to "Kingland" to your west.  Also, there is another "Kingland" a ways to your northeast.  You're sandwiched between two bigger domains run by a player who doesn't have the imagination to give his domains decent names.  Not a good omen for your future.  There is quite a lot of open land out there, and seems like you could pick a place with more room.  But maybe you don't mind the extra challenge, and will keep your current location.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1373 on: January 13, 2017, 02:57:14 am »

Sheesh, feeling pretty lucky with my village's location more and more as I read this diplomatic intrigue.  So far the only real interaction with my neighbors has been basically "'Hey nice to meet you, let me know if you need any help" and my reply of "Yeah same to you"

Maybe the -10c to -18c temperatures cause everyone around to behave a bit more chill.
My only relations with nearby people were "Hey French dude could you leave this domain alone I was here first to liquidate and I got "pls mister Polan no kill i leave", so I really guess chill is chill.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: January 13, 2017, 03:01:55 am »

I took a closer look at both of the "Kinglands" that are next to Android, and they appear to be abandoned.  One of the "Kinglands" is producing bronze medal sapphires.  That is, they're the third highest quality in the game.  Absolute madness.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 13, 2017, 03:27:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Everyone out in the cold doing work and pissed off about it and then there is this guy Living the good life, sitting in front of his furnace smelting tons of iron while drinking beer and shoving sausages down his throat.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:31:39 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 13, 2017, 03:44:26 am »

Question on building quality.

I'll give a simple example, I'm trying to build a Rudimentary Tilery:
Digging x10
Masonry x10 : Masonry materials

I'm using high quality (82%) Granite, which has the most Masonry bonus, +25.

I'm trying different combinations with my three workers: a Digger, a Bricklayer and a Stonemason. They all have high quality tools equipped (80%+). Stonemason doesn't seem to have an effect (positive nor negative) on the quality, just the building time. They are all fully rested.

Digger and Bricklayer together give the best quality - but that quality is only 55%. What gives, why so low, are my workers just missing levels (they're level 3)?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:46:55 am by Vibe »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 13, 2017, 03:55:08 am »

Question on building quality.

I'll give a simple example, I'm trying to build a Rudimentary Tilery:
Digging x10
Masonry x10 : Masonry materials

I'm using high quality (82%) Granite, which has the most Masonry bonus, +25.

I'm trying different combinations with my three workers: a Digger, a Bricklayer and a Stonemason. They all have high quality tools equipped (80%+). Stonemason doesn't seem to have an effect (positive nor negative) on the quality, just the building time. They are all fully rested.

Digger and Bricklayer together give the best quality - but that quality is only 55%. What gives, why so low, are my workers just missing levels (they're level 3)?
Have you tried taking out the digger and just use bricklayer?  Maybe digger is reducing quality.

If not, it could be your workers are low level.  Maybe it isn't possible to get higher quality without high level workers.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 13, 2017, 04:25:58 am »

To be honest I'm not entirely sure how that works, as your results don't seem to entirely match up to the calculations laid out in the help page (https://www.landsoflords.com/help/act/calculation).  With the values you've provided I would expect something around 65-70% quality for the final construction (the masonry is around 80%, but the digging will be nearer 60%, and both contribute equally to the construction.  So I/we must be missing something here.

My guess is that either a) carriage is coming into play here; there's not much reliable info on exactly how carriage contributes, but I note the example on the help page for making bread explicitly mentions it's not considering the carriage, suggesting that if you did consider it you'd get different results, or b) there's a cap on how high quality the basic tier buildings can be (I've noticed that upgrading a building, assuming you use decent materials and the proper workers, generally gives an upgrade in quality).

I tried doing the maths for my boilermakers crafting helmets and came out within 1% of the actual value they're producing, and carriage seems the obvious difference there (you're moving 26000kg of granite, whereas my boilermakers are only moving 153kg of metal/charcoal).  So carriage is my guess.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 13, 2017, 04:28:59 am »

Is expansion automatic? Or do you have to trigger something for it to happen?
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 161