Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189671 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #825 on: December 27, 2016, 04:01:58 pm »

The details of exactly how Find works appears to be somewhat fuzzy, but the gist of it appears to be:

You can run the Find action often enough to get one batch of resources of each resource category (e.g. domestic animals, vegetables, etc) so long as they're 'native' to the type of terrain you're running it on.  I've seen suggestion that you can only run it once per terrain type, but many people (myself included) have run it multiple times in a row on the same terrain (same map square, even) before it became unavailable.

It appears you can use Find on meadows, shrubland, marsh, and salt marshes (maybe one or two others - I saw someone say they'd found stuff on a metal deposit - but I've never had it work on anything but those 4, and meadows gave me the most stuff).
I can't get find to work. I never used it before, and I sent a unit into a marsh. There is no action option to "find" anything.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 27, 2016, 04:15:02 pm »

The find action shows up under the gear and you won't always be able to find anything.  My domain only had shrubland and I only found some sheep, week later I got some pigs.  My other domain had meadows and found turnips, then linen seeds and then saddle horses, and week later onions when they were added.

You won't always find anything, and you probably won't find what you want if you do.

Find is just a way to get started.  If you are in the south and you can't find anything just buy some grain.  It's super cheap for 50 which is what you need to plant.  Plant 4 fields and wait a week.  You'll make 2k(at least) off the straw if you planted a 0 quality field and harvested when it is 5-6 degrees.  If I sold my straw from my original fields I would have made close to 12k(though I did accidentally autosell my first harvest of straw for over 8k).

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 27, 2016, 04:27:03 pm »

Find is just a way to get started.  If you are in the south and you can't find anything just buy some grain.  It's super cheap for 50 which is what you need to plant.  Plant 4 fields and wait a week.  You'll make 2k(at least) off the straw if you planted a 0 quality field and harvested when it is 5-6 degrees.  If I sold my straw from my original fields I would have made close to 12k(though I did accidentally autosell my first harvest of straw for over 8k).
That's the plan. (Well, a plan, my other plan was bricks and it slowly transformed into just mining and selling clay- clay of any quality sells for 0.01 ATM, but it's still a very stable (and even somewhat lucrative) source of income.) as soon as I build a road to those 4 star plains (it's that same second domain from earlier), it's planting season. In the meantime I'm trying to find something else my misplaced estate can do for me.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 27, 2016, 04:27:40 pm »

Do we have any organisation down south? I don't want to bother with the more complex stuff like diplomacy/empire building, so I'm wondering if/when/to whom I should vassalise so my troops/taxes/etc. are useful.

Friend Computer's discord link, just because: https://discord.gg/cNpBukJ

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 27, 2016, 05:07:30 pm »

Is there a bay12 guy we're vassalizing to? I'd be glad to share my (currently nonexistent) military with an organization but I don't know how many taxes I'll need to pay.

I control two small settlements in northern Error btw.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 27, 2016, 05:11:08 pm »

We have a bit of an alliance--but there are several loose conglomerations of bay12 folks scattered around

ALSO: Take this mostly accurate map of the game--for easy viewing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Here's a better one...

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 05:27:01 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 27, 2016, 05:25:10 pm »

Is there a bay12 guy we're vassalizing to? I'd be glad to share my (currently nonexistent) military with an organization but I don't know how many taxes I'll need to pay.

I have been working on a lordship in Eastern Error, my character there is Hyacinthe Gerrick and my settlement is at 02312W:24635N. Would you like to work with me ?
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 27, 2016, 05:33:12 pm »

I have been working on a lordship in Eastern Error, my character there is Hyacinthe Gerrick and my settlement is at 02312W:24635N. Would you like to work with me ?
Sure, though I'm still quite the noob. My main settlement is the Neck (02176W:25097N), which I just managed to expand to the Northwest(26 points short of expanding again) and specializes in mediocre limestone excavations, and then there's Cyrringe which I just started. (01889W:24980N)

Just tell me what to do and I'll do it :)

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 27, 2016, 05:52:25 pm »

Sure, though I'm still quite the noob. My main settlement is the Neck (02176W:25097N), which I just managed to expand to the Northwest(26 points short of expanding again) and specializes in mediocre limestone excavations, and then there's Cyrringe which I just started. (01889W:24980N)

Could you shoot me a mail in game? I can't log in immediately, but I will help me keep track of you for later. I need to build a castle first, but we might be able to start consolidating the Bay12ers on Error into a realm.
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 27, 2016, 05:53:24 pm »

Why does sell price is forced on me? it depends on the max buy price? i cant go really high with my high q hemp fibres

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 27, 2016, 06:01:12 pm »

Each good has a maximum price limit. Hemp fibre is limited at 10. Since not many people can grow it, there is a LOT of competition for hemp fibre. Hopefully, if you do decide to sell it, it goes to my buy order  :P.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 27, 2016, 06:05:46 pm »

Could you shoot me a mail in game? I can't log in immediately, but I will help me keep track of you for later. I need to build a castle first, but we might be able to start consolidating the Bay12ers on Error into a realm.
Mail sent. I've got myself a one-level wooden castle btw, if that's helpful in any way.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 27, 2016, 06:27:11 pm »

If I add more workers to a building project, does it alter the quality? If I start building a house with a carpenter, and add settlers to reduce the build time, does this reduce the quality of the resulting house?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 27, 2016, 06:35:17 pm »

My domain, Dram, is in the northern side of the bay directly east of Zaldor.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 27, 2016, 06:39:50 pm »

Generally, yes, throwing extra settlers onto a project will reduce the quality.  As far as I can tell, how much it reduces the quality depends on how far into the project you added them - early on has a big impact, later on less of one.  I threw a couple on a forge I was building about half way through construction and it only reduced the predicted quality by 1%.  Also it seems you can add them to the project, check what the new predicted quality will be, then immediately remove them again and it'll revert to the previous quality.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 161