Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189486 times)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #630 on: December 23, 2016, 10:34:28 pm »

whats better to train for granite quarry, diggers or quarrymen?
Quarrymen have +5 quarrying per level, while diggers only have +1 quarrying per level.  I guess that means quarrymen are 5 times better at it than diggers.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 23, 2016, 10:37:48 pm »

east-west, north-south streets, and crossings are the basic building blocks of urbanization--all huts need to be built next to at least a "street". You could build out to where you want to go than destroy the intervening huts I suppose--that's basically what I'm going to do in my canal city.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 23, 2016, 11:38:59 pm »

Can i liquidate abandoned domains with my main char or only with sec char?

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 23, 2016, 11:52:56 pm »

Yeah, looking at it I can build along the road, going to where I want my houses to be.  That will be my long term plan, I suppose.  Cool.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 23, 2016, 11:58:09 pm »

If you get a palace you unlock avenues, which just take tons of stone.  They can help spread urbanization.  Though huts to streets are just better over all.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 24, 2016, 12:12:37 am »

If you get a palace you unlock avenues, which just take tons of stone.  They can help spread urbanization.  Though huts to streets are just better over all.

avenues are practically useless--but are damn impressive in your imperial city--you warmongering bastards!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 24, 2016, 01:55:48 am »

Well now that my castle has finished I feel as if expansion has accelerated a ton! The carpenters are now constantly expanding huts (The carpenters only take 6 hours to build a hut!) in several directions, with bricklayers being trained every new unit to build upward (houses take 17 hours) even as the carpenters expand outwards. Gained 5 units (Only had 12 so far before.) so far today, and things are only speeding up.

Training all carpenters and building only hut sprawls might be faster but I think my location is pretty cramped in a mountain area I'm at so upwards seems to be a good choice for me. Plus all these bricklayers with high quality tools will be good for building walls later, I think.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 24, 2016, 03:18:05 am »

Sweet mercy, I am finally making 93% quality Iron Ore.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 24, 2016, 03:33:59 am »

Nice! My miner started turning out 90% quality diamonds, but then I found out that it didn't matter, the diamonds are chronically at the floor price.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 24, 2016, 03:48:25 am »

Nice! My miner started turning out 90% quality diamonds, but then I found out that it didn't matter, the diamonds are chronically at the floor price.

Obviously, you need to become De Beers.
Nothing important here, move along.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 24, 2016, 05:54:35 am »

Is there a benefit to building good (well, better) huts for my peasants to live in?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 24, 2016, 06:06:13 am »

Is there a benefit to building good (well, better) huts for my peasants to live in?

No. Hut quality doesn't matter. However later on you'll want high quality houses to put specializations into. Also units resting in a high quality house (not hut) get a happiness bonus up to +10 for a 100% quality house.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 24, 2016, 06:31:28 am »

Just a hint, as it seems everyone is talking about that specialization 'per level' incorrectly. It's not per level, but for first level, according to help ingame (https://www.landsoflords.com/help/unit/experience). It's 5/3/1 for first level, but only 6/5/2 total for 2nd and 9/6/2 for 3rd. Up to 32/24/8 for level 20. So lvl 20 guy with +1 bonus is worse than lvl 3 guy with +5 bonus.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 06:34:17 am by lastverb »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 24, 2016, 07:58:36 am »

Ah, quality. I put up pretty high quality granite in the market for 50g a ton- someone bought all of it!

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 24, 2016, 08:01:06 am »

Ah, quality. I put up pretty high quality granite in the market for 50g a ton- someone bought all of it!

Yeah, I threw up some of this amazing oak for 225g each, and someone bought about 30k gold worth last night.

Telling you there is a demand that isn't being met for the really high quality stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 161