Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189328 times)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #465 on: December 22, 2016, 02:19:30 am »

My usage of juniper wood as a money transfer medium between domains might of inadvertently raised the average market price to ridiculous levels for that type of wood...

Now it gets autosold on the market for 50-60g each, lol. Normal price was 5-6g.

Edit: Liquidating is becoming a lot harder, I'm struggling to move the goods faster than they pile up now. My storage is chronically over capacity in both realms. The undercutting is real! Lots of people in this business, haha.

I think i'll start looking for more prime targets rather than wholesale liquidating. Like that spot that is going to end up giving me 1000-2000 high quality oak.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 02:23:53 am by nate9090 »

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #466 on: December 22, 2016, 03:39:43 am »

The noble realm of Foghatland has joined the island of Zaldor. The lazy peasants are truly Slow Riding their way to a settlement.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 22, 2016, 03:47:41 am »

My iron mine has been demolished. Is there a chance for this to happen on its own, or did I somehow hit the wrong button when I last checked it?

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 22, 2016, 04:17:05 am »

The log seems to indicate that.

Also my second character has decided to take Bertland (renamed Baie-Gwen)and its high quality tin while a third character is on his way to claim a the gold rich Miserlou.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 22, 2016, 05:19:12 am »

Ok, 2 days in and I'm still charmed by browser game, that's good. Few specific questions though:
1. Is there a way to upgrade building's quality? Or just destroy and build new one? Not like I'm going to do that at this point, just want to know.
2. Is there any impact on final product/building or time between materials used (i'm not talking about resources/time needed to get that resource)? Like choice between wood and tiles or stones and bricks in building, or clay/sand in making bricks.
3. Can somebody explain to me why I couldn't build road extension (no option to build, not unfulfilled skills) in following situation:
PPPP
PXYP
HEEB
P - plain
H - huts (two, on road extension)
E - road extension on plain
B - barn on road extension
X,Y - both plains, but I didn't have an option to build extension on X, while i could build on Y
edit: 4. Macroeconomy - is selling to XXXXX the only way to increase total cash in game? And trade taxes are the only cash sink?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:37:56 am by lastverb »

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 22, 2016, 05:40:11 am »

Ok, 2 days in and I'm still charmed by browser game, that's good. Few specific questions though:
1. Is there a way to upgrade building's quality? Or just destroy and build new one? Not like I'm going to do that at this point, just want to know.
2. Is there any impact on final product/building or time between materials used (i'm not talking about resources/time needed to get that resource)? Like choice between wood and tiles or stones and bricks in building, or clay/sand in making bricks.
3. Can somebody explain to me why I couldn't build road extension (no option to build, not unfulfilled skills) in following situation:
PPPP
PXYP
HEEB
P - plain
H - huts (two, on road extension)
E - road extension on plain
B - barn on road extension
X,Y - both plains, but I didn't have an option to build extension on X, while i could build on Y

Each time you want to build off of a road you need to first build a 'intersection' on the road. Once that is done you should be able to build a road extension on a tile next to it. You'll need to do this for each new direction.

So if you have a road like this

PPP
EEE
PPP

and want this

PEP
EEE
PEP

you'll need to build a intersection here:

PPP
EIE
PPP

then an extension:

PEP
EEE
PPP

then rebuild the intersection again:

PEP
EIE
PPP

then finally the last extension:

PEP
EEE
PEP

hope that makes sense

the reason you were able to build one to Y on your chart was because it was coming from B, which would prevent B from building in another direction, since I don't think you can build a intersection when it already has a building.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 22, 2016, 05:47:59 am »

My iron mine has been demolished. Is there a chance for this to happen on its own, or did I somehow hit the wrong button when I last checked it?

The game really needs confirmations for:

1. Demolishing.
2. Cancelling a build project thats been on-going for more than a certain time amount.

Its so easy to be busy beeing through your units and click the wrong button. Demolish being near the top of the list is a bad move also it seems..

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 22, 2016, 06:19:32 am »

hope that makes sense

the reason you were able to build one to Y on your chart was because it was coming from B, which would prevent B from building in another direction, since I don't think you can build a intersection when it already has a building.

That's a great explanation.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 22, 2016, 06:19:47 am »

Trying to train a hunter - can't because I have no equipment. Looking up the prices, it's a bit too expensive to buy it off the market. Trying to build an archery shop - can't because nobody has the Archery skill. Trying to train a bowmaker at the school - can't because the option doesn't appear.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 22, 2016, 06:25:51 am »

Try a different peasant. Couldn't train a carpenter with my starting guys either, then I got a new one and he could learn the job at the school.
Maybe they need to have certain stats to qualify for some jobs, or something like that?
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 22, 2016, 06:33:54 am »

Theres no hemp on the market in Tetra, and those hunter tools need hemp. 14866 orders to buy hemp at max (10) price on the market so its going to be lucky dip to get some currently. Another winter shortage it seems. Also the quivers need leather, another good thats in short supply.

Edit: Eh, I should modify.. I was looking at max quality. Min quality only 25 orders at max price, so shouldnt be too hard to get some if you dont care about quality.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 06:39:14 am by Crowe~ »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 22, 2016, 06:36:48 am »

Try a different peasant. Couldn't train a carpenter with my starting guys either, then I got a new one and he could learn the job at the school.
Maybe they need to have certain stats to qualify for some jobs, or something like that?

They need all the tools for their trade. For example, when I was training a digger, I had no shovel resources left over, so I could only train the one who had a shovel equipped (no idea how that happened or how to unequip it).
Love, scriver~

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 22, 2016, 06:37:26 am »

I got 8 hemp fields planted so far, and plan to do more once my farmer finishes upgrading the barn. I want to plant more, but efforts are leaning way more heavily toward building more houses as my current workforce size is a huge hindrance.

Edit: Tried to kill a nearby inactive lord, got my ass whooped. 3vs1

So I bought some high quality shortswords, stirrups, and spurs and will try again once my guys are healed up.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 06:58:00 am by nate9090 »

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 22, 2016, 07:35:33 am »

Nice, I was thinking to get into wood crafts eventually since I have hundreds of trees, 5 types - and more to come as I expand. Alot are 95-100Q. I'll probably make those tools if I can get hemp, along with other wood goods.

I came to the same conclusion as you & the others with housing. Everyone except one guy who is pruning crap trees and a bit of harvesting of good ones is on house building. I did set up a Lime quarry, Claypit, Sandpit, couple of brickyards and those guys can make 60-70% goods already but most of it is easy enough to buy, and most dirt cheap (clay/sand) for medium quality. Bricks seems to be the only good expensive to buy for a decent quality but I dont think quality for housing really matters yet. Better to just build as many as possible right now, and then later once my guys are skilled up i'll go for a posh street with the best materials available. At least that is the plan -- as wise or foolish as it may be.

Its fairly slow going up in the cold Northern wilds, with crap weather daily everyone is angry and I gave up trying to keep them happy. Its -12 to -18 hits for a failed goods buy. Even when I gave them 500-800 each it kept them happy for a little bit, but a single miss or two and they pissed again. They will need thousands each to stay happy and its just not worth it right now I decided, i'll buy better tools instead with my cash until they all have decent stuff. Now --- if I was some super rich Rothschild Hawkwood Merchant, life would be better but Im just a dirty Northern outcast so goto make do with what I got! (and too lazy to do more than a few liquidations over the last days (4 only)) Although, admittedly even those 4 gave me a good boost along - without those it would be peasants with crap tools and most the guys having to work the mines/pits/woods for cash instead of houses.

Onwards we march. The North persists.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:37:24 am by Crowe~ »

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 22, 2016, 07:41:01 am »

The game seems really complex, i love it so far, what about finances guys, whats the point in setting low or high tax income and wages?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 161