Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189476 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1710 on: February 07, 2017, 06:02:55 pm »

Why does it require 50kg of pig meat to specialize a butcher's shop? Does... does he wallpaper the place in flesh?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: February 07, 2017, 06:24:18 pm »

Looks like I just got stuck as a vassal to a lordship named Altyra thats nearly half the world map away.. and they don't even speak English so that's great. Is there any way I can gain independence or does that always demand war?

I just realized the political situation on the map too,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm the tiny tan blob right next to Hispania... I might just be out of luck.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: February 07, 2017, 07:08:46 pm »

Wow, Pravus holds a lot of the world. Who's the green blob SW of the Admin, just north of me? Savoia?

Also, I refer to that area that Savoia(?) is at the center of as the Pickaxe Mountain Range. Due to it's shape similar to that of a pickaxe. The Admin is at the top of the head, I'm at the bottom of the handle.

PRE-EDIT: That map might be two weeks old, Pravus changed their name to Mohandas, their flag is now Cthulhu.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: February 07, 2017, 07:16:41 pm »

That map is over a month old.

How'd you end up a vassal to Altrya way over there?

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: February 07, 2017, 08:00:37 pm »

Probably because of Cahors. His main character is in Altrya proper but he has one character down there who's a vassal to the main one. Anyway with the AlTeCa alliance Camorrie is suppossed to defend the place if it's needed.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: February 07, 2017, 08:19:42 pm »

Probably because of Cahors. His main character is in Altrya proper but he has one character down there who's a vassal to the main one. Anyway with the AlTeCa alliance Camorrie is suppossed to defend the place if it's needed.

That's interesting. As a vassal of that place I didn't even know of that alliance. I felt as if I was just in the middle of nowhere vassals to these guys. I'll just have to get over the language barrier I guess.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: February 07, 2017, 10:25:30 pm »

That map is widely out of date lol
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: February 07, 2017, 10:33:52 pm »

Is there any way I can gain independence or does that always demand war?

You could ask them for your independence.  Maybe they don't want vassals who don't want to be their vassals, who knows.

If that doesn't work, you could move all your peasants into the same place to get the -10 to happiness overcrowding penalty.  Also, move them into a mine to get a happiness penalty.  Then have someone occupy your square, hopefully bringing your happiness to 0% during bad weather.  Then have someone subjugate you, then release you.

That would probably result in war, and Altrya and Camorrie combined no doubt have a formidable army.  There are some powerful bay12 players who might eventually back you up.  However, I get the impression that they're trying to avoid a big war, for the moment.  Maybe you could bide your time, until the time is right... then become independent using the method I described.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1718 on: February 07, 2017, 11:41:27 pm »

They are making a new one. However, the person responsible is not a fan of Pravus rebranding, so dont be suprised.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: February 08, 2017, 04:53:29 pm »

I'm making plans for my first Lord's Lodging, along with all the many surrounding buildings. I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, a moat. Should I bother with one? My planned location is already adjacent to a lake, so I would not have to channel far. But is it worth?

Secondly, how much total space should I plan so I can fit in all the important buildings?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: February 08, 2017, 05:26:59 pm »

I'm making plans for my first Lord's Lodging, along with all the many surrounding buildings. I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, a moat. Should I bother with one? My planned location is already adjacent to a lake, so I would not have to channel far. But is it worth?

Secondly, how much total space should I plan so I can fit in all the important buildings?

Moats are useful, but are both expensive and time-consuming. You may wish to hold off on one. If you are trying to play ahead with segmented cities, however you dice it up, I would recommend having at least 36-45 interior tiles for palatial buildings, workshops, storage, and housing.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: February 08, 2017, 05:39:04 pm »

A poorly made moat (aka the what you want) will give -20 to destruction, but because of the minimum skill needed to make one you are going to get -10.  That's the same as one tile of range.  So for your moat to be worth it you need it at 3 tiles out AND 4.  If you take your moat out any further people are just going to ignore it and sit in the closest one.

Honestly I don't see the value of a moat for anything other than aesthetics.  Most passive defenses you build are just going to be walked over in an hour by any dedicated attacker, or just ignored.

You're better off just building another layer of wall.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: February 09, 2017, 02:33:54 pm »

I'm finding the vassalage requirements for the lesser nobility to be rather stifling. I should be able to go all the way up to a viscounty with the structures in my domain, but currently don't have any vassals that actually physically connect to my domain.

It'll happen eventually - I figure no more than 3 or 4 expansions, assuming I can blob out in the right direction - but I just don't see why I need my vassals to be physically touching me.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: February 09, 2017, 03:42:49 pm »

It makes it an actual achievement.  As opposed to just building some palaces and calling your self a prince you actually need people willing to work with/for you.

I say that while I have also lost count of how many vassals are in the Dutchy of Tor Flunk's blob.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: February 09, 2017, 03:56:35 pm »

I wonder how stable the market is. Producing silver is basically printing money through the XX buyer. This increases the circulating amount. Where's the money drain?

If demanded production increases at the same rate as the supply of money, there could be a stability in prices, but what's there to stop prices from going to minimum or maximum eventually?

The game may be missing a key component which should be starvation. With the current implementation there's just a happiness optimum in terms of maximizing production and minimizing cost (recovery time and so on), but there's no real exploitation of labor, because the population have no real requirements in order to reproduce their labor.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 161