Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189442 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1725 on: February 09, 2017, 04:01:31 pm »

There is no money drain.
What stops prices from going to maximum is maximum. It's so bad that some goods are already not sold at all because the maximum price is way too low.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: February 09, 2017, 05:12:13 pm »

The money drain comes from settlers buying and consuming goods using wages they receive from their Lord each day. Also, any building materials which get turned into buildings, effectively removing the materials and their value from circulation.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: February 09, 2017, 05:33:31 pm »

That doesn't drain the money though, since they buy those materials from the market, the cash stays in circulation in someone elses pockets. Although I've heard that what that really does is then put it up for sale somewhere else for market price, which in theory could eventually bring money out of circulation, but of course in reality only very rarely will since most of the time those goods are just going to sit there forever. Building buildings of course only makes it worse, since you can destroy resources (although ones that are not very high quality are infinite so that's not really that big of a deal) without destroying money in circulation.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 09, 2017, 05:46:48 pm »

Market tax takes some money out of circulation, and although it doesn't really count, domain liquidation removes 50% of that money from existence. Some goods decay, effectively removing some of that from the economy. None of it is really a drain, though.

It'll be interesting to see this game a few months from now, what the economy will look like.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: February 09, 2017, 05:53:20 pm »

much different as soon as the North can produce a lot of the goods the South is getting rich of off right now.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: February 10, 2017, 05:56:06 am »

A Prince named Henry de Hans of the Kingdom of Tepesia is requesting that I become a vassal to him. While this guy is relatively close by, the Tepesia is quite far away.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 10, 2017, 07:02:38 am »

I think Tepesia is not a terrible realm but you should talk to him more before making the decision. Make sure to make a good taxation deal, ideally you should be making money after becoming a vassal, not losing them.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 10, 2017, 12:18:40 pm »

A Prince named Henry de Hans of the Kingdom of Tepesia is requesting that I become a vassal to him. While this guy is relatively close by, the Tepesia is quite far away.

Talk to the King.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 10, 2017, 01:03:45 pm »

For someone looking for a place to settle, and might want to be near the Kingdom, here are the main people in Edelstadt's locations.

Pretty far flung, but hey gives great settlement choices!

Although I don't suggest settling down by Wicken, really crowded down there. Best bet would be near Edelstadt itself, NW of Hawkwood or between Poleland and Otterhaven.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: February 10, 2017, 01:50:45 pm »

I'm vassal of Tepesia. I can say that it's a good kingdom to be part of. Anyway by the laws of the kingdom he can't force you to become a vassal if you don't want to. If you got any problem with him send a message to Tepes.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 10, 2017, 01:57:59 pm »

I'm to the far east of Otter.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 10, 2017, 04:22:11 pm »

I'm to the far right of Poleland.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 11, 2017, 03:32:34 pm »

Any chance I can get a current link for discord server? All the links in thread are expired.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: February 11, 2017, 06:54:01 pm »

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 11, 2017, 07:49:56 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 161