Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189855 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1185 on: January 08, 2017, 04:06:10 pm »

I would love to play but I have been poking around for about an hour now and the game tells me everywhere I choose is either too close to someone else or too crowded by natural obstacles

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 08, 2017, 04:40:20 pm »

You could consider settling on Error.  It's maybe a bit tougher than the mainland; smaller market and winter is preventing any agriculture just now (the combination of the two makes certain goods very scarce), but there's a fair bit of unclaimed land still and no shortage of building materials.  Also there's preliminary efforts underway to set up some sort of bay-12 populated republic there.

A couple potential Error locations not too far from my own domain:

02180W:24513N - it has quite a lot of unclaimed space, so room to expand - including to the coast, some good quality clay and limestone, a lot of trees (mixed quality, but a lot of Larch which is a decent construction material), and some iron (not great quality, but usable).  Not sure about the neighbours' demeanour, but they've all left me alone so far.

02275W:24677N - might be a bit more cramped for longer term expansion, but pretty much all the immediate neighbours are bay12.  Similar resource selection - clay, stone, iron, a lot of trees

There's other potential locations elsewhere on Error, though as you say it's sometimes difficult to get a valid spot due to the terrain (so many trees and limestone plateaus).

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 08, 2017, 04:44:58 pm »

Yeah its annoying trying to search around for a half decent spot.

Looks like there -might- be a couple half decent spots quite close to my domain of Ryelspoint (Like maybe here?) but I have no idea if any of them are worth settling.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 05:04:37 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 08, 2017, 05:11:55 pm »

My area is populated ish, but it's the north so it's pretty open, lots of room to expand. This might be a good place to look around, or start looking anyways. 01577W:29104N

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1189 on: January 08, 2017, 05:59:53 pm »

I found what I think is a semi decent area. Is the game always this slow though? Doing anything takes a lot of waiting while various screens load.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 08, 2017, 06:04:37 pm »

No, it is lagging particularly badly at the moment. It was lagging at this time yesterday as well. I remember because I usually do my big micromanagement session right around now.

(But quite frankly I would rather just come back and play later when it is lagging like this. It really slows things down a lot when you have a bunch of stuff to do. Searching the map for a spot to settle would also be annoying.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 06:12:11 pm by Datgum »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 08, 2017, 06:26:38 pm »

I've seen a few posts by the Admin saying that he didn't expect the game to get so popular so fast, and is going to try to optimize the game a bit in the next few days.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1192 on: January 08, 2017, 06:34:36 pm »

Are there any general guides anyone would recommend on initial expansion and building?

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 08, 2017, 07:51:57 pm »

The lands of Twelvehammer and Shiroiyuki were both selected for today's front page scroll of featured domains!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: January 08, 2017, 08:14:42 pm »

Are there any general guides anyone would recommend on initial expansion and building?
Getting a school up and running should be an early priority. That'll let you train carpenters, roofers, and bricklayers, which will drastically improve the quality of everything else you build.

Other than that, always try to have hut/house building going on at the edges of the roads out of your starting square.

Figure out what you've got a lot of, then start harvesting so that you can sell to make money.

Consider liquidating one or two abandoned domains (if there are any nearby) for the early infusion of cash that'll let you buy the tools you need.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 08, 2017, 09:05:17 pm »

Aim to keep about half of your population trained as Carpenters and Roofers, and have them building huts/houses nonstop. Maybe build one high quality house for the happiness bonus, but all the rest just buy the cheapest materials you can because quality has no effect on their population and expansion bonuses.

The more valuable woods can sell extremely well at higher qualities. If your claim has any oaks or willows, I definitely recommend investing in a woodcutter with some high quality axes and saws.

Disable auto-selling for all of your resources(it's turned on by default) and manually set your selling prices. You can turn auto-sales back on later if appropriate.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: January 08, 2017, 09:26:43 pm »

Good Turnery woods sell for a lot, too.

If you have a lot of trees, you can probably cut some down and sell for cash.  If you have few trees, you probably want to harvest.

Build a lot of huts in the beginning to increase the number of settlers.  You can use settlers to build huts, too.

Build a low furnace, buy some gold or silver ore, smelt it, and sell at minimum.  A metallurgist isn't necessary, as quality doesn't matter.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 08, 2017, 10:09:35 pm »

Spoiler: so close (click to show/hide)

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: January 08, 2017, 11:31:11 pm »

My third character received such a letter. They don't take it kindly when they are ignored, though my character is nearer to one of their lord, so it's up to you.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 08, 2017, 11:43:49 pm »

Seems to be the better choice.

I.ve decided to accept so I can see what's happening inside Hispania. Until someone realize that Matifas is a third character from a northern family and probably a spy and quite expendable...
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 161