Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189829 times)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1155 on: January 07, 2017, 03:35:11 am »

People like bricks because buildings get completed faster using them.  Yeah, stone is cheaper and might give you higher quality, but will add around 3 hours to the build time.  Brick prices are high because demand is high and output per brickmaker is low, but once you get 5 or more metallurgists minting denier you don't care about the price.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 07, 2017, 03:55:00 am »

on a good day you can sell bricks at 50  per unit, probably. 30 is a standard price.
But yes, output is low. I have 5 kilns and 5 brickmakers, and they are horribly slow. I hope it will get better when they will have proper buildings rather than rudimental tileries.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 07, 2017, 04:01:41 am »

Heres the deal with rocks vs bricks...

Bricks:
15 per job
Faster construction times
Requires less material to construct with
Brick prices are high, it is a good market to sell to, if you are on Tetra.
Contributes less quality to buildings
Requires charcoal(or wood)
Clay is dirt cheap on the market

Rocks:
25-50 per job
Slower construction times, the better the material, the more time it takes.
Requires more material to construct with
Stone prices are low, it makes it up in volume.
Contributes more quality to buildings, granite being the best.
There are usually mountains and land for quarrying, quality and availability varies.

Notes: In my opinion, both industries need a large amount of manpower to create the material needed. 
If you are building 10 quarries with 10 quarrymen to support your construction projects...  it is just about the equivalent of building 10 kilns with 10 brickmakers to support construction projects(or sell).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 04:09:21 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 07, 2017, 04:07:34 am »

bricks don't require charcoal. You can just as well burn wood. charcoal yields the best results, of course.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 07, 2017, 04:18:13 am »

Ah right, I only use charcoal.  I keep forgetting wood can be used directly, chasing that quality.
Currently totally stopped producing bricks, I don't even use it and they can mine rocks instead.  Other avenues of income anyways, also... +2k rocks for a gate.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 07, 2017, 04:44:37 am »

I rarely use charcoal. it takes ... 70+ m^3 of tree I think to make a coaling action? plus an optional 1000 kg  of straw(good luck getting that in the north).and it doesn't produce THAT much. In the end, I might as well buy slightly higher quality beech. Of course that changes if you are chasing the very high quality market.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 07, 2017, 08:02:33 am »

In case anyone's been finding it useful, I uploaded a new version of my spreadsheet for matching units to professions.  Same link as before: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByuohrU0hvd1bU5mZGswX3hwbGs/view

Main change/addition is a Careers Advisor tab where you input the stats of one unit and it gives scores for that unit against the full list of professions (essentially the reverse of the original tabs that took one profession and gave scores to all your units).

All the old disclaimers still apply - I've not reviewed any of the weightings or anything since the brand-new-newbie days that I made it.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 07, 2017, 09:11:55 am »

Well, your sheet agrees that Turner, my settler extraordinaire (St:6, Ag:12, Co:7, In:13, Wi:9,Ch:14), would best serve the cause as a comedian (which is what he ended up as), so it's got my vote. Interestingly, your sheet shows that I could have also considered such employment as Perfumer or Bowmaker, just in case I wanted him to be entirely useless.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 07, 2017, 10:17:23 am »

Ok so if someone hasnt started yet im at 02304W:30630N kila is at 02351W:30403N if someone want to start playing get near us, i can give you some protection, started on army production, gonna build some walls soon, pretty much taking over all the area around me, kot is not too far from us with his greater and lesser Poleland

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 07, 2017, 11:57:15 am »

It looks like some new government types were just added recently.

Now domains can turn into villages, towns, and free cities to simulate republican governments, seems interesting.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: January 07, 2017, 12:00:10 pm »

Great spreadsheet, biowraith!

the new governments are interesting. However, keep in mind they are RP only but otherwise work as a normal domain.
it might seem at first that they protect from being vassalized by lesser ranks, but what it actually means is that should a lesser rank lordship vassalize you, you will be demoted ( word of admin).

I am just one day away from having my first 2 castles... finally a place to house all the soldiers I made!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 07, 2017, 12:41:15 pm »

Also for anyone who may not know there is a Bay12 LoL Discord. Hop on that shit, yo.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 07, 2017, 12:43:37 pm »

what? where? how?

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: January 07, 2017, 01:02:00 pm »

The game has schist and sulfur as resources that can be gathered but not used.

IRL schist and slate are very similar so most likely schist will be a alternative roofing material but why is there sulfur in the game?
Are we going to get boomsticks someday?

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: January 07, 2017, 02:09:18 pm »

what? where? how?

Follow the link in my signature, it will lead to the Bay12 discord. It's also in the OP.
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 161