Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88

Author Topic: Demonhood 2 -Number of giant minions lost: between 0 and 3-  (Read 141562 times)

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
Re: Demonhood 2 -Number of giant minions lost: between 0 and 3-
« Reply #1290 on: March 07, 2017, 07:28:41 am »

Corrupting and desecrating the temple from within sounds much cooler. After doing so, we enter there ourselves to kill some priests (imagine the surprise and horror on their faces when they see a demon walking into their temple unscathed by their force of good)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 11, 2017, 09:35:54 pm »

Inspiration! We need a "Master of the Hand". A twisted Crafter of metal. A forger of Blackened Iron and Blood Soaked Steel. A maker of weapons most foul and armor that makes the very light itself hide in fear of the oncoming darkness.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 15, 2017, 03:27:30 pm »

I like the idea of making forest themed monsters.. but that's for another update

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 15, 2017, 05:23:51 pm »

Inspiration! We need a "Master of the Hand". A twisted Crafter of metal. A forger of Blackened Iron and Blood Soaked Steel. A maker of weapons most foul and armor that makes the very light itself hide in fear of the oncoming darkness.

Yes it would be really nice to begin a line of production of corrupted stuff.

Maybe some items and use and abuse from the merchant contacts and slowly corrupt the abroad to make it easy for the taking.

Maybe the own woods can become so corrupted that we will begin to use it to create:
dark arrows (dark wood plus whatever corrupted meta) siege machines

or, as we are quite subtle. crates, crates that slowly corrupt what it hold, crates darker as the night that is perfect for smuggling.

One thing that i was thinking: The common folk knows where is the fell shore labyrinth? or just the rebels? or only the angel?

If all of the province knows about it we will only have two options.

1. Abandon it.

2. Make it even larger and fearful, hide a bunch of resources there together with acolytes, undead and black imps and let the word spread "There is treasure in this unholy land, someone want's to test who has the purest or the darkest heart, or who is truly worthy"

Make it like a game,(greedy cave, enchanted cave for example) people go there trying to catch treasures and they know that the deeper they go, the harder it will be, and that the maze crush harder large groups

Some will leave and spend their gold showing their nice new helm, some will perish, and be used as fodder of the maze, the ones that keep coming back/ the weak willed or the ones that have already a dark heart will be tempted to join our legion.

One day it will "fail" people will know it is a sort of trap, but a very profitable trap. And when the province becomes so corrupted that it can't hide, or we can spread the hoax that the cave is the source of evil and "someone should find the bottom of this unholy hole and kill the source" or whatever, it will be already a huge underground fortress.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1294 on: March 16, 2017, 02:43:35 pm »

I've got to admit, I love the idea of evil crates. It's so... corporate-y evil, so bland and mundane and practical it goes right back to being awesome.

And really, who's going to believe you when you tell them that crate is evil? Like... okay, it's evil. How do you know? It's a crate! What did it do? What can it do? Did it look at you in a mean way? Did it growl? Heh. ... Wait a second... Unless the boxescan growl. We spread the boxes everywhere. Cheap, sturdy boxes, given to every merchant, making their way to every home, their aura of evil nearly undetectable. But when the time is right, they RISE UP and take over the town for their lord and master! Hmm... Yes, a secret army of mimics. That would also be fun.

Unless there are priests in the customs office meant to detect goods containing evil. Then you probably have a problem need to corrupt them first.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 16, 2017, 05:59:15 pm »

That is something i would wanna do with a mage character. create a entire house solely of mimics, mimics storing my stuff, mimics closing and opening the doors/courtains at my will, and even the floor trying to kill a robber,

or a entire town of mimics. :V

mimics would be more "expensive", but it would still have an good excuse "it's just to protect the goods"

But a perfectly normal crate that corrupt stuff, hard to detect.

Kings and big nobles will have mages trying to detect stuff, our duke had, we corrupted the mage and broke the high priest. just send the crates to the small fish, crates with food, coins, weapons.

Although this province only exports wood till now. Maybe selling the pure wood acting as "perfectly normal trees that we found somewhere" will still screw stuff, people will cut the wood, make boxes, sword handles, shields, cups where they will fill with milk for their children with it.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 26, 2017, 09:42:16 am »

It's on hiatus
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 26, 2017, 10:09:52 am »

It's on hiatus
What he said. Not dead but sleeping, ye ken.
Long Live United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 26, 2017, 12:18:00 pm »

That is not dead which eternal lie and all that jazz.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 31, 2017, 11:15:06 am »

Darn it, I *finally* catch up to where I can start suggesting stuff just after the thread goes on hiatus. Oh well, +1 reader. Loving this so far, it actually DOES live up to the big shoes of demonhood 1. Any estimate on how long the hiatus will be and reason for it?

> Now that she's "adult", order Mkilzk to be impregnated by a male brutewolf, to expand her "bodycount". Assign some sacrifices to powering this.

> Now that she's more knowedgable and has more mental might acquired herself the hard way, we should be able to grant Mischa more of our own direct power without risk. Assign some sacrifices to recovering from this as well.

> We seem to be straining to grow and suffer from leakage... I'm thinking the solution is to add some physical components to our body as a supplement instead of being made from *only* evil. This will restrict our ability to shift into small forms, but using techniques learned from the Vessel and the burnt silver, we should be able to greatly increase our ability to absorb large amounts of evili and not suffer leakage, and with a good design we might have a decent immediate boost to physical might as well. Essentially, a skeleton of corrupted metal, a heart or brain that's a more advanced variant of the Vessel, with the flesh on top of that consisting of smoke and evil. I am not sure what form we should chose for this thou, but we might be able to start with just some parts like a helmet that a variety of forms can incorporate, or figure out some modular system that can adapt to multiple forms. Either way, I suggest we assign Mischa to research this, giving her 10 black imp smiths, 200 resource units from the dukes treasury, and 5 points of Cult Power labor form the New Way to assist the forging and study.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 06, 2017, 04:47:29 am »

Requesting glossary on Trolls and known subtypes.

> Do another round of the abortion ritual for power. It's been a few months and we have a lot more cultists, so there should be quite a bit to take.

> Order the fungal druids to start kidnapping women and fusing them into trees, the trees will feed them directly into the blood and keep them trapped and alive indefinitely, as well as alchemically inducing a few minimal mutations: their bones are softened (and eventually dissolved), the torso is stretched along the trunk to make more space, and the metabolic throughput they are able to handle increased, but most importantly the womb is induced to repeatedly split into a cluster of identical organs capable of operating in parallel. Babies are such an useful resource, after all.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 20, 2017, 09:57:31 am »

Summon Snow Specters/Snow Wraiths.  Bind  the souls of our fallen minions to the blizzard, allowing for an invisible servant more suitable for the weather conditions.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 20, 2017, 06:46:18 pm »

Personally I would like to have an artist to make a masterpiece of us and we make an artifact out of it for each that sees it he feels the slight need to pay respect to you somehow. Depending on the strength of the artifact it could become a tool to recruit agents or it could be a background effect to convert more people. I think we should focus on converting our hometowns as much as possible too.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88