Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 184873 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #3210 on: September 12, 2019, 10:29:34 pm »

He's a man who can destroy an entire city, and he says he's a crack shot. Under the circumstances, I'm inclined to believe whatever he says, because we don't have time to question it.

Though if we could make it more reliable by poking a lightning rod in it, why not?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: September 14, 2019, 05:00:15 pm »

I... Fuck it, he said he was a crack shot. Would lightning work? Maybe we can make a lightning rod?
You realize that only works on lightning coming from above, yes? Magic lightning goes where you point it before taking the path of least resistance.
Can you do it or not?
Easily. Ah, perfect. She turns around and grabs a relatively thin but long rod out of the many goodies Francine is bringing out. It sure looks expensive. Sucy follows it up by grabbing a small tube of... something. She smears it on the bomb with care, and then places the rod against it for a few seconds. She sticks out a finger to indicate you have to wait, and then lets go. Glue? All right, I guess there's glue. Then she carries it over to you and places it on your back. She hooks it up, and gives you a simple system to loosen it up. A simple clicker in the front to drop all the ropes. It's a hefty bomb, but nothing you can't handle. Now it's just a matter of getting to close to Jack. The place to be is likely going to be the gate, the one chokepoint you know.
But now you need to get back to the gate, this time with a bomb strapped to your back. If it goes off, you are going to be destroyed in every way possible and some ways that are, essentially, impossible.
So let's not trip.

The trip back is about as eventful as the way there, obviously. Until you see the gate ahead. To your horror, Jack is nearly at the gate already! Seeing that mutilated carcass stomp along, blood covering the spindly yet deadly legs as it begins to stomp towards the gate. You can't climb the walls, you need some way to get the bomb close to her, preferably without dying!
And then you need to get the wizard involved?
How the hell are you going to this!?

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

Spiders

Carrying BOMB!
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: September 14, 2019, 06:01:27 pm »

Just be quick. You'll be incentivized to be as quick as possible because if you're not you'll die.

Also, nice HL2 reference.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: September 16, 2019, 04:23:54 pm »

But... It's so.. You can't stop the tears anymore. How the hell did it just end like this!? It's so... You had so many things to do! So many things you wanted to know, to experience!
Your corpse lies just in front of you, dissected in a single strike from Jack. When she saw you, she sped up. You couldn't outpace her, not when wounded, not with the other mutants, and especially when
I'm sorry. I had hoped for more, as well, but I suppose some things are not meant to be.
I... I don't... Shouldn't I get a second chance!?
This would have been your fourth. Or more. To be honest, Sydney, you should have died many times over. You just temped fate one too many times this time.
But I! Please! Let me do one more thing, at least? O-one more!
...What would you like to even try? It's carrying your body back to its master.
Exactly. One last spell. A spark. I want to... Let me please try one last thing.
Were it not for the mark... Fine. One last try. When?
Before the god. I want to see what Sucy's bomb does.
...Very well.
You follow your body as Jack disappears, back to its vile master, carrying both you and the bomb.

The realm is... madness. If you were more than just a wisp, the sight of it would have driven you mad. Impossible geometries, changing evermore, there is no horizon, only an infinite continuation of flesh and bone, pulsating, growing, rotting and glistening at an impossible rate. Then, standing there, pulsing, beating you see it.
Behold the heart of the world! Progenitor of life, father and mother, alpha and omega! Our creator... and our destroyer. Death yells, his voice reverbing even here, in the world beyond worlds. In this seething madness, your two broken halves are brought before the heart. Mantorok looked sick. Wrong. Beyond comprehension.
You will have but a split second of life, and less before madness will take you in this wretches realm. Still, you know your task. Your body is brought close, your clothing begins to rot as it looks you over, your flesh turning purple as the carapace falls off. In that moment, you take your chance.
You enter your body one last time, feel your flame engorge a final time. With little more than a small pulse of activity in your brain, you cast Spark upon the bomb.
There is no pain when you leave once more. If anything, it almost feels nice. Death stands besides you once more as the bomb goes off, an explosion of heat and magic. Above all, however, it brings something new to this realm. The simple chemistry of man comes from a place of logic. science. Understanding. Mantorok and its creations scream and burn from more than paltry heat and shockwaves. It is the defiance of man. Man placed in an uncaring, incomprehensible universe, and they will do everything they can to not only care, but to thrive. In this eternal struggle, they will strive to comprehend. To know. To use the unknowable against itself. While you doubt you killed the gestating god, you certainly hurt it. Maybe enough for the people of the hamlet to stand a chance.
Sadly. You will not discover what became of your world. You have a new world to attend to.
Come. Maybe some Sci-Fi will suit you?
Will I be a main character?
No. But you'll be a recurring character in many stories to follow.

Game over
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: September 16, 2019, 04:32:24 pm »

No seriously, it's over. No surprise twist or anything, no. This story is actually over. You've escaped what should have been death a lot of times already, and to be honest, I was getting burnt out after doing this for so long.
I'll place a warning at the beginning to give a warning about the bad end.
And another thing I fear you will not like to hear: my next quest will not be on Bay12 forums. I am going to change style to a more chat-interactive quest over on Fiction.live. I use the name Spinejuice over there, if you're interested to follow me there, but it will be a while before I start.
You don't need an account to participate there, by the way. Anonymous posting is perfectly possible.

It's been one hell of a ride, fellas. I hope you enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 05:14:54 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)
« Reply #3215 on: September 16, 2019, 04:43:45 pm »

During the short time I've participates, I found this fun. Also I just created an account of fiction.live. My username is still naturegirl1999

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: September 16, 2019, 05:38:06 pm »

to add convenience to those who want to find him, here is a link to what i believe is his profile.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: September 16, 2019, 06:11:25 pm »

Thank.you. I sent a post, but I can’t see the post I sent on his page

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: September 16, 2019, 07:31:06 pm »

A suitable ending to a suicidal brave character

a graverobber's amulet shake

an bounty hunter awakes in the middle of the night

a little kobolt cries not knowing why

Press F viciously

Couldn't give my voice on the last posts because I am having a bad time irl, but will certainly look foward for your next games, this one sparked a lot of creativity on my mind

Will you post the link here?, anyway, I am saving the link that Dustan said just to make sure, if I create an account there I will probably use this same name
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: September 16, 2019, 07:40:47 pm »

ha, i killed an sg

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: September 16, 2019, 08:47:48 pm »

It's been fun. GG

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: September 17, 2019, 03:23:46 am »

to add convenience to those who want to find him, here is a link to what i believe is his profile.

Correct account, thank you.

I didn't receive anything of note on fiction.live. Mind you, I was not fully aware one could even send a PM to people on that site.

Press F viciously
Couldn't give my voice on the last posts because I am having a bad time irl, but will certainly look foward for your next games, this one sparked a lot of creativity on my mind
Will you post the link here?, anyway, I am saving the link that Dustan said just to make sure, if I create an account there I will probably use this same name

I will place the link here when it starts, though it will be at least a week before it starts, and likely a bit longer than that.
Hope things are improving on your end, Omada

I'll also give a little sneak peek at what the next quest will involve. I'm essentially smashing together most apocalypse fiction that I enjoy into one horrific mess. Things are still subject to change,this is just what I have for now.
Lore dump:
Neat stuff I do:

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: September 17, 2019, 03:30:14 am »

Correct account, thank you.

I didn't receive anything of note on fiction.live. Mind you, I was not fully aware one could even send a PM to people on that site.

Press F viciously

I will place the link here when it starts, though it will be at least a week before it starts, and likely a bit longer than that.
Hope things are improving on your end, Omada

I'll also give a little sneak peek at what the next quest will involve. I'm essentially smashing together most apocalypse fiction that I enjoy into one horrific mess. Things are still subject to change,this is just what I have for now.
Lore dump:
It’s not a PM. On your profile above your picture there is an add post text field. There is also a followers number below your picture. You are following 1 person. But there is nothing to click to follow you. I use the same avatar there as here. Also the story sounds cool
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 03:34:51 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: September 17, 2019, 04:31:47 am »

It’s not a PM. On your profile above your picture there is an add post text field. There is also a followers number below your picture. You are following 1 person. But there is nothing to click to follow you. I use the same avatar there as here. Also the story sounds cool
[/quote]

The add post text field is just for me, I'm afraid. Despite not being me, you still see that version of my profile. Also of note: you can't follow people, but you can follow quests.
While it's a great design, the actual coding of that place makes it a bit of a hellsite. Still, it has people, a chat, picture support, voting support, open suggestion filling, and what have you, so I'm still sticking around despite the coding gaffs. Also because I would like to take on the live approach, rather than a by-day update schedule.
Neat stuff I do:

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: September 17, 2019, 04:33:38 am »

The add post text field is just for me, I'm afraid. Despite not being me, you still see that version of my profile. Also of note: you can't follow people, but you can follow quests.
While it's a great design, the actual coding of that place makes it a bit of a hellsite. Still, it has people, a chat, picture support, voting support, open suggestion filling, and what have you, so I'm still sticking around despite the coding gaffs. Also because I would like to take on the live approach, rather than a by-day update schedule.
[/quote]
Thanks for clarifying
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216