Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 184940 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2016, 08:43:14 pm »

What!? Grab the torches! Grab the pitchforks!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:46:14 pm by roseheart »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 28, 2016, 03:58:45 am »

HERE, I GOT THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 28, 2016, 05:13:02 am »

HERE, I GOT THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!
Do not make me get merasmus to turn you into a ghost, tankkit!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2016, 07:24:55 am »

The Berserker Berserks

So... Evidence points to this Myrcella being my mother, no?
Location, time, looks... It would seem so, drider.
In that case, how do you feel about me?
Half of me wants to stab you.
...And the other half?
To break your god-damn neck.
You pull out your sword and put the tip to his throat in one swift motion. Karliah jumps back a little, but not far. Lucius doesn't move an inch, even as you draw the slight bit of blood with your sword.

Why do you want to kill me?
Because your existence means that another TOOK her from me. I pledged my loyalty and love for her, I SERVED her for ten fucking years! AND AFTER ALL MY SACRIFICES, SHE RELINQUISHES HERSELF TO ANOTHER!?
He is shaking with anger, but still doesn't move. There is a mad look in his eye and he is just shiftily looking around. It's pitiable to look at, but you are one inch away from killing him. Literally and figuratively. You turn your sword a little to make that point clear. Perhaps you should just kill him, right here, right now. Karliah has pulled out a dagger(where did she find that!?), and looks ready to stab this Lucius if he were to try anything.
...It doesn't matter. This ends.

Suddenly, he rolls backwards, away from your sword! With a practiced move, he pulls a small blade out of his left sleeve and jumps towards you with a wild ferocity!
EEEEEEYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAGGGGHH
He bellows, and charges you down, ready to rip you open with his blade! He jumps through the air and...
impales himself on your sword. The sword tip pokes out his back, but still he screams, still he struggles, and he begins to work his way down your sword. He grabs it by the blade, and PULLS himself forward, still flailing his blade with his other hand. Karliah stabs him in the back, piercing a lung. His screaming turns to a disturbing gurgle as he makes another pull to you. Blood begins to fall out of his mouth as he reaches your hand and attempts to cut! At this assault, you move your arm, twisting the sword into his body as you step away, leaving the blade in. Lucius has stopped screaming, as only red bubbles expel from his mouth. He falls to the ground, as the blood completely clogs up his windpipe. Finally, he stops moving.

That got weird.
I'm gonna have nightmares.
You turn him over, and remove your sword from his chest. You are going to need a handkerchief to clean off the blood, that's for sure. Karliah is already looting his body. You just let her, you're just trying to get the buzz of adrenaline out of your fingers. Speaking of, you look at the hand Lucius managed to hit. A small scratch on the new carapace, for all intents and purposes, it didn't break the skin. You take a look at his blade. It's really just a large metal spike, hardly useful as a proper weapon. You wonder why he didn't have his proper weapons on him, but you also decide you don't really care.
You're going to get ready for breakfast. Karliah will keep on looting, and you just need to make an order, anyhow. You can't find anything in the way of low-rank food-goons, they're all still sleeping. Finding grain also proved to be a bit tough, but eventually, you manage to find a small bag, hardly enough for twelve people if you give everyone a bowl. You're going to have to decide who you're going to feed, Your squad or the lieutenants and Vvulf. Considering the food-monkeys aren't awake yet, you figure they just skip breakfast. There's no way to protect the grain, either, so whether or not you'll want to risk it is another problem.
You've got your plans for the rest of the day, but the breakfast question remains.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:05:37 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2016, 11:48:46 am »

...God damn it I didn't get to use my torches and pitchforks :(
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 28, 2016, 12:48:31 pm »

...God damn it I didn't get to use my torches and pitchforks :(

Try it fucker, i may or may not be an ogre with a computer
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2016, 01:03:17 pm »

So, chance that that dude's weapon was poisoned: 11/10?
On the other hand, we should know poisons, and we did inspect the blade without finding anything... eh, I'm probably just being paranoid.

Breakfast Quest: Feed squad. Put warning on pot that it is poisonous to keep away thieves. Er, other thieves.
And then go back and check the blade for poison because oh gods he was so desperate to cause even a scratch 999/10 it was poisoned.
Long Live United Forenia!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2016, 05:24:42 pm »

Loot and Clean

You start slow-boiling the grains and spend an inordinate amount of time trying to find a pen. Eventually, you manage to find something close enough,a piece of burnt up wood, and scrawl a skull on the side of the pot. You consider writing "poison, do not touch" but ultimately, most of these people are likely to be illiterate anyways. When you return to the tent, all valuables that were on Lucius are in a nice pile. He had a collection of small, red gems and pouch of gold. Some more sharp objects were found, but all of them were about equal to the nail he used to try and stab you. Still, you take a closer look at these "weapons" in case they were poisoned. You aren't all that worried, though, as his attack did not break the carapace. If it was poison that would work on something as simple as skin contact, he wouldn't keep it in his sleeve....

Looking through the collection of sharp objects, they really don't seem like much more than nails and similar sharp bits of metal. He even has a pair of scissors on him. Nothing seems to point to any type of poison, making his attack of you seem like more of a suicide. Karliah seems uninterested in dealing with the corpse, so she just laid him in a corner. She advises you to remove it before it smells, but you honestly aren't sure how to deal with this. This guy was a lieutenant, after all, so explaining this to camp may prove to be troublesome. still, it'll be a problem for later. You're not having breakfast with the lieutenants, anyhow. you decide to just get the rest of your group, which should be too hard. They're fairly noticeable individuals, after all. Fortunately for you, Geldstone was the first one you found, and he knows EVERYONE. He actually drew up a map of the camp, and indicated where everyone is. Such a busy, busy bee. The both of you manage to find and wake all of the group, and you gather together for the breakfast.

Most people are a bit groggy, but breakfast is  welcomed to a chorus of "thanks, boss" and a backdrop of Midas singing a simple tune. He has also managed to acquire a lute, and is playing some simple songs on it. You decide to ask Laiko what to do with a body in this camp.He actually laughs when you ask this and answers that the general rule is to leave the cleanup to whoever the poor sap is sharing a tent with. When you explain that you've got lieutenant who turned himself into a kebab in your tent, his smile falters for a moment. Then he tells you to go dump it in the forest for the bears and ghouls to eat. He also suggests to order someone else to do the actual dumping. Then he returns to enjoying his cereal.

The squad really seems to enjoy the meal, but now you need to decide on how to clean up Lucius' corpse.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:09:38 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2016, 05:53:09 pm »

Tell Laiko to take a couple of our men an bully some random bandits who are low on the totem pole into dumping the corpse for us. Schedule the dumping for a few hours so that we have time to eat or otherwise mutilate the corpse so that those removing it do not recognize Lucius. Perhaps consider keeping the skull as a sinister decoration so that we might appear more badass.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2016, 05:53:55 pm »

We could always cook it, and feed the meat to unknowing bandits. Although that is a bit nasty. Best bet is to disfigure the face and any visible body markings, and ask Laiko to get someone to do it. Preferably without us meeting the person. Offer Laiko some of the gold we found as a reward.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2016, 06:29:13 pm »

Ewww

You return to the tent and grab the bag of valuables that Lucius so gracefully left for you. You remove most of the stuff, and leave only two gems and a handful of gold. No need to spend everything on corpse disposal, after all.  You notice that his body is already starting to look a bit off. It has turned kind  of blue and you notice a few flies are already preparing themselves for a feast. You need to get this corpse removed as soon as you can, or else everybody with a functioning nose will figure out you''re keeping a guy with a nasty case of death in your tent. When you return to the breakfast club you created, you see most people have finished their meals by now and are now simply socializing. Howard and Thorgal, world's blandest swordsman, seem to be getting along famously, while Midas continues his songs. He has switched to a more subdued song, which is surprising, considering his repertoire of enthusiasm. You skitter over to Laiko, who is having a small talk to the heavily armored woman, Yunikki. It appears to be a rather one-sided conversation, with Yunikki listening intently. For the first time, you can see her not trying to act tough. As it turns out, she looks sort of pretty whenever she isn't scowling.

Laiko seems to be talking about what dreams could mean in relation to the real world. While it is certainly interesting, you interrupt him by tapping him on the shoulder with one of your legs. He stops talking, and turn to you. You toss the bag of money and gems in his lap and tell him that he needs to find a couple of morons to clear out the body in about an hour. He takes the bag and looks inside. He looks more than satisfied at this reward, and excuses himself to Yunikki. However, Yunikki offers to join him, clearly interested to hear more about whatever they were talking about. You don't really care, as you've got a nasty job ahead of you.
Body mutilation.

You leave, letting the squad socialize on their own. When you arrive back at the tent, you crack your knuckles, loosen your shoulders, and grab the decaying corpse. First things first, you need to see how removable that paint is. It's pretty thick, so it should come off by pulling. You pick at it with your nails for a while, and eventually manage to find a bit of a foothold. You can't quite get your finger under there, but it does seem like it would come off in one go. After some fiddling, you eventually just resort to wedging your blade in there. You slice up a bit of the meat, but that's hardly an issue at this point. Your victim is in no position to complain. After you managed to get your hands under there, it comes off easily. It's a bit of pull-work, and you're grateful that you can put multiple feet on the guy for leverage, but eventually, all of the paint comes off in one go in under a minute. It'd be satisfying if it weren't so morbid. There is a pale discoloration where the marks used to be, from the lack of tanning if you'd have to guess. Now that the paint is gone, he looks rather normal, apart from the gaping hole in his chest. His face has gone slack, leaving him with a dumb expression on his face. It'd be funny if it weren't so disturbing.

Of course, speaking of faces...
You take a deep breath, ready your sword, hold that breath you took, and begin cutting his cheek. No blood comes out, as you feared it might, but god is it still filthy! You saw upwards, so you have a big cut up to his forehead. Then, you change direction, moving across his forehead. That DOES lead to some blood leaking out, and it's dribbling on his legs. The smell is unbearable. You make the mistake of breathing in and get a noseful of the sweet, thick stench of decay. You cough for a bit, and go outside for a fresh breath of air. You take another couple of deep breaths, and go back inside. You make a cut to the other side of his face, and then you should have decent... flap. You pry your blade between the meat and skull, starting from the forehead and slip it downwards. It gives way with ease, until you hit the nose. You put some strength to it, and the cartilage gives way after a good stab. Of course, you end up with the blade sticking out of the face. You pull it out so you can slice properly, bit that just causes the whole face to flop forward. The meat, barely attached to the skull with some muscle and gore, slowly falls forward as the more stubborn pieces snap, one by one. At the sight of this grisly event, you begin to dry-heave. You swallow, and look back to your handiwork. The bloody skull seems to gaze upon you as the eyes remain in sockets. You decide to get that over with right now, and scoop them out with the tip of your sword. It was a very fast, very easy motion, but the feeling of the flesh giving way under your blade...

You go outside again, partially to get a breath of fresh air, partially to prevent your breakfast from having a grand comeback. You succeed, barely swallowing the grains as they come up and go back inside. You've done your fair share of battles, but having to perform this brutality is quite a bit different. You're down to the last stretch, however, and it is by far the worst. You grab the flap of meat and muscle and quickly cut it off with your sword. You drop it and jump back, shaking your hand as you try not to scream. You take a deep breath and go outside to find something to wrap up the gore in. Eventually, you manage to find an abandoned, empty money pouch. It's made out of some simple fur, so it should be fine. When you re-enter the tent, the stench floods back to you. Evidently, the flies have found this fresh morsel, and are coming in to feast. You find the face-flap two meters away from the corpse, and you scoop it up in the bag. Then, you find the eyes lying between the legs. In one of them, you can already see a small family of maggots. Your skin crawls, and you just push it into the open bag with your sword. Now you've got a satchel of face and a decaying corpse. What an inventory.

The schmucks you ordered Laiko to get arrive nicely on schedule. One of them has a black eye, giving you an idea of how they convinced them. They look rather scared when you come closer, and their expression hardly changes when you show them the grisly result of your corpse alteration. Fortunately for them, they brought a small cart, usually used for transporting food around the camp. They load it on, and leave. Nobody but these schmucks saw the "transaction", so it should be smooth sailing from here.
You wipe your hands on the sand, and then take a deep breath.
That's over.

You already had the plan to train for the better part of the day, and cook in-between. You figure that if those are your only plans, this day should just fly by.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:09:53 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2016, 07:32:36 pm »

Can we try to improve our finesse with poison injection?
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2016, 07:44:52 pm »

*Vomits*. Wow that description really lived up to your username! The plan to train and cook sounds good.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2017, 10:26:14 am »

The Mock Battle

The day passes with no incidents. The food was fine, and the dinner was in silence. Nobody even asked why a chair was empty among the lieutenants. The training goes smoothly, and you even remembered to spyglasses from Howard. While he was happy to be asked for his skills, he had to admit he doesn't have the required tools to properly cut the glass. Nor does he even have glass to work with. He has no way of actually making a telescope. You don't particularly care, however. Scouting isn't really going to be your job, based on what people told you Vvulf's usual plans. you are expected to relay messages as needed, and otherwise have free reign. Of course, you can hopefully get away during the fighting.
You are NOT killing people for these bastards. It would go against everything your family ever taught you.

The training goes well. The idea to move around the different positions works out quite well, although the goons that were expected to remain close to you have to form a vanguard on their own, now. Still, the communication aspect is undeniably great. After some time, you go over to ordinary weapons training, performing some sparring, as well. You attach the stinger cover, and work on your poisoning finesse. It's about as quick as an average sword strike, and few people expect it. After years of practicing with it, there's no way you can think of to improve it right now. As your combat prowess increases, you may be able to find something new on your own. The rest of the group is getting along quite well, and on a whim you decided to see who is the best one-on-one fighter. You keep them inside their different categories, of course.

The Goons, consisting of Skoom, Nakir and Yunikki, ended up being surprisingly boring. Skoom was eliminated fairly quickly by Nakir, who used his reach and size to overpower the dwarf. The fight between Yunikki and Nakir was a bit of a toss-up. While Nakir is a very dangerous foe, Yunikki is faster AND can take more hits. Considering that you forbade grappling, the fight eventually went to Yunikki, who mostly just remained out of Nakir's reach and wore him down with glancing strikes from her training sword. Ultimately, this fight just showed who had the most reach. Power is nothing if you can't hit, after all. Skoom proceeded to sulk while spectating the rest of the fights. Then, the fights between the Front-liners, consisting of the Bolas Brothers, Rouge and Mida.
The "Bolas Brothers" ,consisting of Robbie, Bobbie and Flobbie, refused to split up from each-other, saying that they'd die before they would turn on family. You couldn't convince them, so you just let the fight start with the rule that, if Laiko and Midas both yield, the Brother's win as a whole, but if even one of the brothers yield, they all have to leave. They deemed this satisfactory, and Laiko and Midas didn't care either way.

The fight was over in a damned hurry. Midas started by pulling out his lute and playing an impressive solo, which distracted the Bolas Brothers. During their small moment of distraction, Rouge just instantly beat Flobbie over the head with his weapon, knocking him unconscious. She gave a haughty laugh as he fell to ground, and Midas joined in this laughter. This continued for a while, and very suddenly stopped when Midas threw his lute at Rouge and rushed at her in an uncharacteristic silence. Rouge dodged the lute, and just barely sidestepped Midas himself, who had jumped for the sake of a tackle. He switches it up in a handstand, and jumps back to his feet right after. They stared each-other down for a while, in deathly silence. Then, they both rush eachother, trying to go for a quick finish. Rouge tries to hit Midas in the head, but bend the knees and slides under the attack, after which he elbows Rouge in the hip. Rouge stumbles, for just a second, and then moves one of her long legs in for a massive kick. Midas grabs the leg, and pulls, throwing Rouge off balance and...
Well, it should be noted that Rouge took the groin punch like a real man.
That is to say, it hurt like a motherfucker. She collapses, cupping the hurt area, and croaks out a yield before just groaning in pain for a few minutes.
Midas looks pleased, and he switches back to his usual jolly demeanor. He goes to pick up his lute and begins playing a calm little ditty, as if he didn't just put Rouge's childbearing days in danger.

The next fight, made up of the Chasers, made up of Thorgal, Laiko and Harahkilaka was far less interesting. In a straight up fight, Thorgal would have won handily, so Laiko and Harahkilaka just teamed up on him, and then tried to fight each-other. That was over damned quick as Laiko grabbed Hara's leg was he attempted to jump over him and slammed him down on the ground. Laiko hurt his arm, and Laiko decided that staying down was the superior option, for the time being. A boring fight, in the end, although it was unexpected that Laiko would finish it so fast.
You considered making the "extras" fight, but Howard just punched Geldstone in the face and that fight was instantly over.

That was everything of note, ultimately. Night falls, and people begin to retire to their tents.
Tomorrow is the last day before the raid. Either you make some plans, or you wander the night. Your choice.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:10:32 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2017, 09:00:14 pm »

Bump
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 216