Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Fallen Gods OOC/Sign-up (4/7)  (Read 1739 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fallen Gods OOC/Sign-up (4/7)
« on: December 06, 2016, 02:14:13 am »

You awaken in the sky above a planet. Beneath you is a fully fledged primordial world. It seems you are not the first deities to arrive in this strange world as it is full of life. Magic, monsters, and mortals already fill this strange world. You look for a moment, reaching out with your ethereal and divine form, for any nearby deities. Only moments later you feel a terrible force begin to pull on you. It is strange, and more importantly, incredibly strong. A terrible voice fills your head with a single terrible word: Fall. You plummet from the heavens above down towards the strange, and undoubtedly dangerous world.

In this god game players will play as fallen gods. Gods who are forced into physical form by a strange and yet unknown power. Cut off from the heavens, you are subject to the same dangers as any living creature. Albeit you retain some of your divine power, these new gods will have to learn to exist in this unusual world and find a way to return themselves to the heavens above. Or die in the process.

Character Sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've been wanting to run a bit of a darker god game, and this is going to be it. Fallen, desperate, and in-danger, you will have to work to survive in this world. Fallen gods are no more powerful than giant monsters, and in many ways, are just giant monsters. As an important note, your form will change throughout the game.

Gods will receive 1 Divine Energy every turn. This can be increased by having worshipers, or through various other means. More information on HP, income, and all that sort of stuff once we get character sheets.  But beyond that, you are a big powerful monster trying to survive in the most dangerous world in the universe.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:09:46 pm by Roboson »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Gods OOC/Sign-up
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 03:11:21 am »

Name of God: Zalu
Sphere: Crafting
Physical description: A swaying mass of dextrous tentacles splitting off into finer and finer tentacles, allowing him to create masterpieces beyond mortal means or comprehension.
Personality description: Zalu likes making things. He likes watching others making things, and teaching them how to make better things. He doesn't like watching things of worth being destroyed, but is as adept as unmaking as making if needed, for survival and the like.

((Colour of the tentacle-form, I'm tempted to say they change in colour to blend into the surroundings as adaptive camouflage, but not sure if that'd be allowed. Otherwise just a mix of red and grey I guess.))
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 03:12:53 am by Demonic Spoon »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 03:24:42 am »

Name of God: Xerneas
Sphere: life
Physical description: A large rainbow plated, dark blue and white deer.
Personality description: Doesn't feel inconvenieced joining life in it's physical forms, though feels a deep respinsibility to take strides to rejoin the holy pantheon.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 10:25:15 am »

Name: Arvanor
Sphere: Enchanting
Physical Description: A tall human in purple robes with red edging.
Personality Description: Arvanor likes to study, to devise, to improve. Study-devise-improve. That's the cycle of any proper mage.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 12:16:56 pm »

Name of God: Absynth
Sphere: Darkness
Physical description: A flickering shadow, wreathed in a tattered black cloak.
Personality description: Absyth prefers to act in the shadows, biding his time before striking with ferocity. He avoids direct conflict, and prefers to use and manipulate other parties rather than acting himself.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 02:35:24 pm »

That looks like a good starting line up. I'll write up the IC here in a bit. Anyone who joins after this post will either join on the second turn or be waitlisted.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 06:31:27 pm »

OK, the IC is up. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161789.0

Here is a blurb to explain essence:
1 Essence: A small act. Can be used to create mundane objects or phenomenon. If used for attack, does 50 damage.
2 Essence: A decently sized act. Can be used to create mildly magical items or localized magical phenomenon. Can be used to inflict 100 points of damage.
5: Essence: A true act. Capable of creating life, artifacts, or magical locations. Can be used offensively for 250 damage.
10 Essence: A great act of divine power. Can create large monsters, powerful magical items, or creating new locations. Capable of dealing 500 damage if one were to so choose.

Feel free to ask any questions if you have any.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 03:16:17 am »

Creating life, does that include creating intelligent races?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 03:47:42 am »

Yeah, 5 is required to begin a new species. You'd probably need 6-7 to make it human level intelligence. Bells and whistles like sentience and species abilities will likely always add onto the base cost.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 12:00:54 pm »

Can I survive for extended periods underwater?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 12:59:09 pm »

Hmmm, you could if you spent a point to give yourself gills.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 01:06:57 pm »

I thought he was a shadow though.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 01:35:01 pm »

I thought he was a shadow though.

That's a rather good point. I think I have to allow it on the basis that you (as a shadow) probably don't need to breathe. Feel free to spend as much time underwater as you wish.

However, I do think that altering your form should be rather cheap, just as a general rule.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 03:17:52 pm »

Being a shadow seems kind of Godlike to me. I expect to have equal awesome powers even in my super stupefied form. As default(free).
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 04:33:27 pm »

Being a shadow seems kind of Godlike to me. I expect to have equal awesome powers even in my super stupefied form. As default(free).

Such as?
Pages: [1] 2 3