Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bay12 Classroom  (Read 4608 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Classroom
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 03:04:12 pm »

*In a small pot, add ground beef, put on high heat, stir until brown.

*Drain fat from ground beef

*Add tomato sauce to beef pot, and any vegtables (peppers, mushrooms) as desired, simmer

*In larger pot, add water and some salt (or olive oil), heat until boiling

*Add noodles to boiling water, boil for about 10 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved

*Strain water from noodles, combine with sauce

Hey presto, its spaghetti.

This concludes "Cooking with MrRoboto75"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 03:09:02 pm »

bbut where is the human soul
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 03:36:36 pm »

In Uranus?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 03:57:46 pm »

In Uranus?
*facepalms quietly*
*mutters to himself, "why did we have to name that fucking planet that."*

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 03:58:52 pm »

Don't worry the name will be changed to Urectum in 2620.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 05:22:13 pm »

I'd be willing to try and teach about Ecology, Renewable Energy, or Rhetoric & Argumentation.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2016, 05:26:16 pm »

How would that even work, though? Is there a meta-class on how to attend class? :P
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2016, 05:29:13 pm »

PTW.
I'm assuming this is just a thread to organize the various specialized teaching threads?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2016, 07:47:12 pm »

I like this thread idea

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 03:00:31 pm »

How would that even work, though? Is there a meta-class on how to attend class? :P
PTW.
I'm assuming this is just a thread to organize the various specialized teaching threads?

Yes and no, my idea is for an initiative for people to write up essays. Or infographics if they can. Whatever. The 'interactive' part can be a thing if someone feel like giving homework. I'd give classes on lucid dreaming if I wasn't so busy and inexperienced. Probably could run one once my schedule is more organized, with the help of Tiruin.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2016, 11:04:22 pm »

I'd be interested to know how many bay12ers have actual experience in teaching. I know there are at least a couple.

My current job is like teaching but with worse pay, I don't count.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 11:07:31 pm »

I'd be interested to know how many bay12ers have actual experience in teaching. I know there are at least a couple.

Pay is irrelevant. Your income is not currently a good measure of your skill, aptitude, or benefit for society. (this is a problem btw)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 11:12:38 pm »

Pay is irrelevant. Your income is not currently a good measure of your skill, aptitude, or benefit for society. (this is a problem btw)

I tutor computer science students, which requires the same kind of skills as a professor I guess, just to a massively different degree. What I mean is that I'm wondering if anyone around here has legit, professional teaching experience; Bay12 seems oddly skewed toward that demographic.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 11:32:44 pm »

This thread won't really work with everyone offering and nobody seeking knowledge, so I guess to get the ball rolling, are there any historically knowledgeable people around?

I know that the ancients placed a lot of value on people, especially important people, having an extensive understanding of philosophy, and rich people would spend lots of money to hire tutors to teach their kids these things. So suppose I'm a rich senator, and I want to instill virtue into my son. How do I go about finding such a tutor? What do I look for in a tutor? Would I want to find someone known within a particular philosophical school, like a Stoic or a Cynic, or would a tutor be expected to have a complete understanding of a wide variety of disciplines? Would this person also know about things like construction engineering or other things we would consider sciences, or would I need to find some other person to teach him that? Would I even care about whether or not my son knows about those things?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2016, 12:05:10 pm »

Actually I'm interested in a World War 1 and 2 class, if anybody offers. Since Thailand spent the first war being neutral and only threw in our lot one month before the war ended, and spent the second war getting oppressed by Japan, I don't really know the actual details of the war apart from broad strokes like Nazis, Operation Rising Sun, and Gavrilo Princip.

More specifically, I want to know more about any particular country's involvement in the wars, rather than the global detail.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:09:46 pm by Cinder »

Pages: 1 [2] 3