Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: SMF upgrade: Missing Home/Profile/Search/PM/Calendar Tabs  (Read 11779 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SMF upgrade: Missing Home/Profile/Search/PM/Calendar Tabs
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2016, 03:23:32 pm »

I feel like all of this is my fault, I'm the one that noticed the version was out of date...

Nah, you couldn't have known that there was a bug in the version.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2016, 03:44:15 pm »

Firefox, Win10, no problems here.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2016, 04:03:34 pm »

The table bug also impacts more-than-seven nested quotes.  Or a similar one.  If you have that it will die on you.

So apparently the bug's stemming from this line in Subs-post.php:
Code: [Select]
// Remove empty bbc.
$message = preg_replace('~\[([^\]=\s]+)[^\]]*\](?' . '>\s|(?R))*?\[/\1\]\s?~i', '', $message);

Commenting it out apparently fixes the bug, although I don't know what else it does that it's not doing anymore.

So the bug with the menu is a known issue with 2.0.12 as well: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=550421.msg3902182#msg3902182
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 04:30:20 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2016, 04:28:46 pm »

I feel like all of this is my fault, I'm the one that noticed the version was out of date...

Nah, you couldn't have known that there was a bug in the version.
Now now smjjames, TBF has kindly offered to be our witchhunt scapegoat, and we have no right to deny that to him.

BURN THE CODE COMMENTERS
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2016, 04:31:02 pm »

Well I found solutions too.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2016, 04:49:13 pm »

So you admit to practicing witchcraft on the Forum Code? All hail the Forum Code. Cast down the destroyer.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2016, 09:59:16 pm »

TIL TBF hates pyramids, that's why he practiced his witchcraft to asplode anybody who tries
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2016, 10:33:27 pm »

As a matter of fact, I have. TBF!!
No Gods, No Masters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2016, 10:55:19 pm »

E:I found The Bug for tables: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=548896.0[...]
Hum ._. at first read, I was wondering if said bug was related to having 'code/' in there. Remembering the OP of one of my games, everything looks squeaky clean and no mangled code (and I've used a ton of tables there), otherwise summarized here.

The search button's been weird lately. For me, it alternated between displaying some results as normal and then displaying "no search results found" when I refreshed or tried searching something else. Also, even when it worked trying to go to the second page of results breaks everything.

Anybody else experienced this?
Back on WIndows 8. Comodo Icedragon. Everything is working perfectly fine as before.

Really wondering if there is a tech support thread about all this somewhere ._. Hope you're OK, Toady and the rest.

Edit: Oh cheesy goodness. It seems the slight 'indention' when you put spoilers/tables is FIXED :D
I can click spoilers in tables
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. If on the same line anyway.
Now compared to before, there was a slight indentation between the text and the spoiler that made it (the spoiler) seem a bit lower. I've no idea where that changelog is but that's something nice that I don't think is common knowledge due to use on Bay12. Although 'ghost bbcode' pops up to fix the tables if you mess up once more.

Anyway...erm, back to the topic. Coming from what other people post and say, it doesn't look to be part of the forum mechanics maybe? Seems more like the client or browser using it.
I've checked both at home and at local PC shops (using Chrome; at home using Comodo Icedragon--the latter being auto-login while the former needing manual login; same case of 'everything shows up' for both)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 12:59:58 am by Tiruin »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2016, 11:28:51 pm »

I can see it all fine.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2016, 01:05:11 am »

I've tried my post with multiple browsers and it still won't submit. I've also tried removing bbcode from spoilers without any luck. Once again, there are no quotes or tables in it. Just some appearance (glow/color/bold/italics) bbcode scattered around it along with spoilers.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2016, 08:57:21 am »

I can see and use the tabs without problems. WinXP, Firefox, logged-in for months.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2016, 09:51:41 am »

I don't have this problem.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2016, 04:09:49 pm »

I'm not sure what the other problems are but I have all my tab buttons up there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2016, 09:19:44 pm »

I'm just going to dump another link to SMF's Bug Reporting board here.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=137.0
Sigtext

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6