Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: ZL (2016)  (Read 38203 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: ZL
« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2017, 12:45:11 pm »

No sorry that would go against the... well go ahead.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2017, 12:51:09 pm »

That would go against what? Also, I don't know how to make it my profile picture. You know how, right?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #212 on: January 08, 2017, 01:01:10 pm »

I apologize for being emo with my next statement but... Ocean is the first person to even imply a compliment(though criticism would also be welcome) for an avatar I've made. Is my art worthy of your guys time? I'm really starting to doubt it and I think it's pretty fair on your part since there's so much talent here at bay12 I don't think I want to run this game without art so maybe I should take it elsewhere.

@OceanSoul

Profile->Forum Profile-> <insert url>
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2017, 01:15:43 pm »

Roseheart, there are two things to part of what art; the image itself, and what it represents. In games like this, the latter is all we need to convey- we don't even need the art to express it. But the art still works so WELL! The simplicity, the cleanness of your art style makes it perfect for this game; No one needs fancy pictures to convey the story (look at many of the games on the forum!), and extra detail would serve only to make updates take longer. If we had, say, Dexexe1234 doing the art, updates would take a week, maybe LONGER, to make, and it would die very quickly. I'm not sure if I can express it to you.

..And you changed your avatar to a flat line. Makes me worried..
Edit: ..and it changed back?
Edit2: How do I get the URL for the picture? When I click it, it takes me down to my part in that turn, ant the URL there doesn't work.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 01:41:59 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #214 on: January 08, 2017, 01:56:33 pm »

..And you changed your avatar to a flat line. Makes me worried..
Edit: ..and it changed back?
Made me lol.

And thank you. I really wish I didn't care. Or knew how to say I did a better way

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/mWUwcYh.jpg

I don't usually get visibly sad.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:00:32 pm by roseheart »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2017, 02:04:38 pm »

You may not think much of your art style now. But that is the very reason you should keep using it; without practice, it'll stay that way. If you don't like it, try drawing something a little differently. Maybe you try different line thicknesses, maybe draw curves a little smoother or rougher, it's your choice. Your art style can grow and change with you, and maybe it should. Even if you don't like a new change to your style, you better understand the way you want to draw things. In fact, who says you have to have only one art style? Try entirely different styles from time to time, even if it's only practice. It'll all increase your overall drawing skills, so there's barely anything to lose.

One day, you will understand your style of art, and it will be great.

Edit: Thank you.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2017, 02:06:29 pm »

I guess youre right, if I care so much it means I probably doubt my own heart. And I really like it it's just I get so excited to share and I don't hear anything. Gotta run for now. If anybody wants to see the HD version of their Avatar it's underneath the spell book in the first page.

ufo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 08, 2017, 03:28:19 pm »

"oh no"
telepatcally call the mothership (yes it can travel interdimensionally)
red:35 green: 0 blue: 0

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2017, 03:39:07 pm »

"oh no"
red:35 green: 0 blue: 0
Doubt you can do that. This game, though simple, is not minimalist. That action is beyond the normal person's limits AND not allowed by the rules or context of the game.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2017, 08:05:51 pm »

Commune 14-203-1

Move to the lake and commune with any NPC's there.

helmacon and Gloven

Gloven sees you approach, "Hello mage."
You don't choose anything to say, but he sees your intent to listen.
"I am sure you know of FauxHat. The doppleganger. He is a menace. A trickster that must be stopped. Don't worry about my woes. I'll be fine. Go! He went west. He grows stronger with every mistake! Your mage eye may lie to you..."

"oh no"
red:45 green: 0 blue: 0
(fixd to 45) (multiples of 15=15 30 45 60 75 90 105 ect)

ufo and commander

The two look into each others eyes, and without a word spoken the commander turns and leaves, without ufo.

Suddenly a sparkling field glows below ufo and he is instantly back in Zenland. He now knows how to go to the blank place whenever he wants from the portal on UFO MOUND.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:06:40 am by roseheart »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2017, 08:25:22 pm »

Try Sink again, once again at my northwest. Wave to the wizard in distance (tophat, right?). Also, in which direction is he?

0 red, 0 green, 15 blue, right? Also, is there a unit for color? Paint? Spectra? Spectra? Colour?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2017, 08:28:32 pm »

No need to quote yourself unless I skip you. This was just a conversation in-between update.

I call it color. If you have 255 red and 255 blue you have 510 color, get my drift?

He was north of you.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #222 on: January 08, 2017, 08:32:27 pm »

So I am probably going to have a commune phase, and action resolution phase. Not sure how long either will be but I promise no sooner than 12 hours to give everyone a chance.

(Ocean do you really want to wave him down? Counts as a commune action instead of doing sink.)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 08, 2017, 08:35:50 pm »

"A tricketer ey? let's see if he is as tricky as this old fool." Ask gloven to point me in the direction of the doppelganger, and prepare for a battle of wits.

Red=60 Green=0 Blue=60

((also, your art really is awesome roseheart. Good pics. Much props.))
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #224 on: January 08, 2017, 08:37:17 pm »

*raises fist in appreciation*
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23