Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Steel Titan  (Read 3924 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Steel Titan
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2016, 05:13:48 am »

kingsableeye: zombies on reanimating embarks are traditionally killed by maces, owing to their small contact area(ten times the size of whip) and capability for pulping. I'll also note that the titan felt no pain and didn't die from blood loss.

That said, haven't tested whips versus zombies. The main weakness of blunt weapons is typically that they bring pain-feeling creatures down, but don't usually kill quickly (compared to edged weapons)

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2016, 05:49:41 am »

I don't think maces are particularly good at killing the zombies, it's just that pulping keeps them from reanimating.

I read once that whips are good because they leave lasting damage that accumulates over time, so eventually you can break off limbs too tough for edges weapons.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2016, 11:09:13 am »

Whip = Light saber ::)
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2016, 03:31:47 pm »

Whip = Light saber ::)

....Should I infer from that we're not playing the Jedi or the Sith then? Seeing as dorfs don't use whips?
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Duegon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2016, 03:52:05 pm »

....Should I infer from that we're not playing the Jedi or the Sith then? Seeing as dorfs don't use whips?

Dwarfs are ewoks

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2016, 04:45:08 pm »

Dwarfs are ewoks
Oh damn.. now everytime a dwarf bites something I will see imagery of an ewok's face doing the biting.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]