Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll To be Determined: Turn 20 - So close yet so far  (Read 32942 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 5 - Staying the Night
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2016, 09:58:16 pm »

Arìenne lags behind a minute, intending to speak to the vice captain a bit longer.

"This job sounds awful grand, but I'm presented with a problem. All I have is an itty bitty knife. But I also have a bit of money. Say, if we were on the road, and a few 'kind' travelers showed up with a spare blade to... purchase... you'd make a lady very happy."

With that, she jogs quickly to catch up with the group, and just travels with them.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2016, 03:00:49 am »

"Okay then, let us go. Are you not all hungry?"

Leave on the quest, I suppose - ingratiating myself with the local human population is one way of achieving my ends.

Yanethi travels along, using his old spear much like an old man might use a staff, dithering a little at the back, occasionally stopping to look at an interesting plant or bird but always paying attention to the road, the landmarks, and where they are.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2016, 05:44:38 am »

Karlan walks alongside his companions. He writes one word on his wax tablet, shows them, then points to himself.

Bait?
One wheel short of a wagon

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2016, 10:04:53 am »

Having caught up with the group, Arìenne groans.

"Yeah. I'm hungry. I wasn't able to get a meal yesterday. Jeeeeeez."

Reading the tablet, she seems to genuinely consider the idea for a second, before shaking her head.

"We should have very safe passage; after all, the Steel Board have this area under "security". The only dangers are ones that are too minor to worry too much about, or too major for bait to help us at all. Besides, it's completely inhumane, darling."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2016, 10:50:10 am »

At the word "inhumane", Karlan cocks his head to one side as if Arienne had said something amusing.

He then writes:

For goblins. Plan?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 10:56:09 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2016, 10:53:29 am »

"It's a little hard to strategize without any information about the goblins. We don't know where they are, how much protection their terrain gives, or how many there are. There could be five, and we could kick them to a bloody pulp; or there could be 500, and we'd have to run the fuck away."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2016, 02:00:02 pm »

"In times gone past, I became quite used to not eating much. Fasting a day or two isn't major for me." Ckaeyod mentioned. As far as plans go, I agree with using bait.. but not Karlan. That's a decision for later though, we need info and I might be able to get it. We'll get close to the general area, and I'll poke around from a safe distance."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2016, 02:55:27 pm »

Takashi is silent nothing really needs to be said.
Head on out with em
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2016, 03:03:39 pm »

Head on out with em

"I assume you hold no suggestions, Takashi? If you do, you should speak them now before we are committed to a plan."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2016, 03:36:25 pm »

Takashi nods.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2016, 04:18:16 pm »

((Okay, it looks like everyone has wrapped up with talking. Going to give it about an hour then do the next turn))
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 6 - Everyone Fails
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2016, 05:22:03 pm »

Turn 6 - Everyone Fails

"I have no objections to this job.. I don't like working for bandits, but money is money." Ckaeyod states plainly to the rest of the party while faintly frowning.
"So, if no one else objects, we could head out to kill these goblins any time."

Wait for party's responses, move out if they agree

As you walk away the vice captain mumbles [4] "not a ***** bandit, *** official **** request"

Arìenne lags behind a minute, intending to speak to the vice captain a bit longer.

"This job sounds awful grand, but I'm presented with a problem. All I have is an itty bitty knife. But I also have a bit of money. Say, if we were on the road, and a few 'kind' travelers showed up with a spare blade to... purchase... you'd make a lady very happy."

With that, she jogs quickly to catch up with the group, and just travels with them.

[2]((Is your seduction skill cursed or something?)) He laughs and shows empty hands then shoos you away

"Okay then, let us go. Are you not all hungry?"

Leave on the quest, I suppose - ingratiating myself with the local human population is one way of achieving my ends.

Yanethi travels along, using his old spear much like an old man might use a staff, dithering a little at the back, occasionally stopping to look at an interesting plant or bird but always paying attention to the road, the landmarks, and where they are.
Karlan walks alongside his companions. He writes one word on his wax tablet, shows them, then points to himself.

Bait?
Having caught up with the group, Arìenne groans.

"Yeah. I'm hungry. I wasn't able to get a meal yesterday. Jeeeeeez."

Reading the tablet, she seems to genuinely consider the idea for a second, before shaking her head.

"We should have very safe passage; after all, the Steel Board have this area under "security". The only dangers are ones that are too minor to worry too much about, or too major for bait to help us at all. Besides, it's completely inhumane, darling."
At the word "inhumane", Karlan cocks his head to one side as if Arienne had said something amusing.

He then writes:

For goblins. Plan?
"It's a little hard to strategize without any information about the goblins. We don't know where they are, how much protection their terrain gives, or how many there are. There could be five, and we could kick them to a bloody pulp; or there could be 500, and we'd have to run the fuck away."
"In times gone past, I became quite used to not eating much. Fasting a day or two isn't major for me." Ckaeyod mentioned. As far as plans go, I agree with using bait.. but not Karlan. That's a decision for later though, we need info and I might be able to get it. We'll get close to the general area, and I'll poke around from a safe distance."
Head on out with em
"I assume you hold no suggestions, Takashi? If you do, you should speak them now before we are committed to a plan."
Takashi nods.

With your plans thought out the group continues on down the road. Everything goes peacefully enough up till an hour past midday. [2] From behind you a group of 3 goblins sneak attacks the group. [1] The first overeager to attack trips and falls knocking himself silly. [4] Sadly for the group the second one to attack does a better job and smacks Yanethi across the back. [0] The third blindly swings his club and manages to brain the first goblin knocking it out. While this cavalcade of nonsense is going [2] all of you focus on them preparing to whack them good.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:18:08 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 6 - Everyone Fails
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2016, 05:43:22 pm »

Arienne seems just a little too surprised to do anything but blink rapidly and gawk at her opponents.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2016, 05:54:39 pm »

Yanethi will spear the goblin who attacked him, through the face.

"Watch out front and flanks, acquaintances..."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2016, 08:53:11 pm »

Ckaeyod draws his ritual dagger from beneath his vestments and utters a quick prayer.
"As Yanethi said, watch out. I'm going to make them regret they ever thought of harming the Silver Apostle.."
Attempt to telekinetically pick up the 1st goblins club and bash the 3rd over the head with it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16