Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark  (Read 34813 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark
« Reply #375 on: March 02, 2017, 09:22:03 pm »

Ok but try not to die.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 04, 2017, 10:18:39 pm »

Thrips sat there in the dark for a long moment, trying to think what he should be doing. He took another sip of his odd-tasting beverage.
He started to brush some stray crumbs off his trousers, then reconsidered and scraped them up with his fingernails to eat.
'So, I have no idea what happened to the others, if they're succeeding with the mission, if they're even alive... I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. Hopefully I still get paid for staying and looking after the cart, here. I think it's an important job, anyway,'

After all that pondering, Thrips eventually came to the decision that it was best to try and look busy. Just in case his companions weren't, in fact, all dead, and were likely to show up at any moment ready to leave and wondering where the hell he'd gotten to.

Keep myself occupied by clambering into the back of the cart and taking stock of its contents.
Is everything still there? Is the load properly secured? How about the cart itself, is it safely parked, and how difficult would it be to prepare it to leave? Take a couple more sips of this drink and try to decide if I like it or not.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 05, 2017, 01:13:56 am »

Hey Clunkers I'm going to wait outside

Take the UnderDwarf with be as we get the hell out of this cave

you nope the fuck out of crazy town once again, ending up right back in Dead Spider Valley. Lng day. You're getting pretty sleepy. The underdwarf is already asleep, using a curved chunk of chitin as a pillow.

"Dark statement: You may wish to get a bit of distance between yourself and the cave. If this one don't join you in about half an hour or so, you may assume that this one has perished.

Warning: you may want to forget about the underdwarf in the room of screams for now. This is about to get dangerous. 

Request: If this one does perish, this one would appreciate it if you would make an effort to salvage at least this one's core and bring it to the Omega Foreman of the monastery. If salvaging is impossible, please pass on the message to the Foreman that this one praises Fiddler Organic for his conduct during this mission."

Feedback loop eh? Use the metronome as focus, and attune the faces who'se magical tone have shifted to be the opposite of the regular magical screams, so that the two screams cancel each other out. Hopefully.
(1) all you get is a series of sharp wails that short circuit your audio systems. You are so falling apart on this mission, dude.

Thrips sat there in the dark for a long moment, trying to think what he should be doing. He took another sip of his odd-tasting beverage.
He started to brush some stray crumbs off his trousers, then reconsidered and scraped them up with his fingernails to eat.
'So, I have no idea what happened to the others, if they're succeeding with the mission, if they're even alive... I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. Hopefully I still get paid for staying and looking after the cart, here. I think it's an important job, anyway,'

After all that pondering, Thrips eventually came to the decision that it was best to try and look busy. Just in case his companions weren't, in fact, all dead, and were likely to show up at any moment ready to leave and wondering where the hell he'd gotten to.

Keep myself occupied by clambering into the back of the cart and taking stock of its contents.
Is everything still there? Is the load properly secured? How about the cart itself, is it safely parked, and how difficult would it be to prepare it to leave? Take a couple more sips of this drink and try to decide if I like it or not.

Everything is there, except what you've eaten. Load is secured, far as you can tell. Cart is safely parked, unless you try to move it. How difficult is it to drive away? let me check your intelligence and general knowledge. hmm. You look at the cart's driver's seat, really seeing it for the first time. there is an odd assortment of levers and buttons. look a little confusing. of course, being in near total darkness, most things would be fairly confusing at this point.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 05, 2017, 06:47:26 pm »

If I didn't use most of my energy per my last action since it was unsuccessful, try one more time  to use the shifted screams to cancel out the regular scream magic, using the metronome as focus. Use my magical senses instead of hearing if necessary.

If unsuccessful again or if I did use all of my extra energies last action, crawl back to dead spider valley in defeat, retrieving my staff along the way.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 07, 2017, 09:41:45 pm »

If I didn't use most of my energy per my last action since it was unsuccessful, try one more time  to use the shifted screams to cancel out the regular scream magic, using the metronome as focus. Use my magical senses instead of hearing if necessary.

If unsuccessful again or if I did use all of my extra energies last action, crawl back to dead spider valley in defeat, retrieving my staff along the way.

We'll give it one more go. I was kinda hoping midJag might post an action too, since he's in the same room and it could affect the outcome.

Hmm. You get a decent, but temporary lull in the screaming. You can tell for sure that the room has more magical reserve than you do. You have a couple of turns of relative safety to act in. Your magic reserves are low, but your innate magic is still functional, so don't expect miracles, but small acts of magic are still doable.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 07, 2017, 09:43:55 pm »

Run from the room it's trying to eat me. Make the Room hallucinate that it's still eating me.

Drag some underdwarves out of the Room.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:34:37 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 07, 2017, 10:16:56 pm »

Wait for the others to stop being stupid and leave the cave
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:18:44 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 08, 2017, 02:35:03 am »

"Angered statement: Now is not the time to run away like a little bitch. The room's magic has been disabled for a few minutes. Get over here and help me release the trapped Underdwar. Don't leave your godsdamned work to the crippled robot."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 08, 2017, 05:18:33 am »

"Angered statement: Now is not the time to run away like a little bitch. The room's magic has been disabled for a few minutes. Get over here and help me release the trapped Underdwar. Don't leave your godsdamned work to the crippled robot."
Sure suddenly your an expert in vibrating caves

Go help Clunkers free dwarfs if the vibration starts up again then GTFO
My Sig

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 08, 2017, 09:33:17 am »

Where the hell have you guys been? I've been wandering around for hours.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 08, 2017, 10:10:40 am »

Where the hell have you guys been? I've been wandering around for hours.
Clunkers, still deaf, sees the were-goat arrive

"Statement: FYI, this one is deaf now. Also mostly crippled. We're getting whatever we can from this room and then we're buggering out of this damned cave."

Check the room to see if there's more underdwarves than the one we already saw. Help in freeing the one we saw after. Keep an eye on how long we've got until the screaming begins again.

If we manage to get the dwarf(s), retreat to a safe distance and regroup, collecting my staff along the way. Also collect Fiddler's corpse, for burial later.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 08, 2017, 03:26:49 pm »

The underdwarf that you saw is partly merged with the column. Gonna take either a big hammer, or some kind of spell to pry him loose. You do find two other underdwarves off in a corner. They look emaciated, disoriented, and rather broken of spirit. One has begun the process of merging with the floor, but only his fingertips and toes had fused lightly, so you are able to pull him free with ease. You get those two and take them out of the cave. You still have some time if you want to try to get the stone to vomit up the third.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 08, 2017, 03:41:10 pm »

Clunkers looks at the pillardwarf, then at his two "comrades".

"Query: All in favour of abandoning this last one? Give me a thumbs up for leaving and a thumbs down for trying to get him out of the pillar."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:45:50 pm by Pancaek »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 08, 2017, 06:46:09 pm »

Clunkers looks at the pillardwarf, then at his two "comrades".

"Query: All in favour of abandoning this last one? Give me a thumbs up for leaving and a thumbs down for trying to get him out of the pillar."
Giglam immediately puts two thumbs up.

Fuck this shit we are leaving
My Sig

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 08, 2017, 07:10:54 pm »

Clunkers also puts his remaining thumb up.

"Glad statement: Well, that's already the majority vote. Let's skedaddle. This one has had quite enough of this fucking cave. We found out where the dwarves are, so mission kind of succesful, this one supposes."

Nope out of that cave. On the way back, collect my staff and Fiddler's corpse. Use some cloth to make a little bandolier to tie my staff to my back so I can carry Fiddler if need be.

Once everyone is regrouped, ask the dwarves what the fuck. Then start heading home.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27