Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is Cory in the House the best anime ever?

Yes!
No!
What?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Everything forbidden, still getting "Item Inaccessible" spam  (Read 7330 times)

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Everything forbidden, still getting "Item Inaccessible" spam
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 04:48:03 pm »

You would, perhaps, have better luck posting a save so someone can investigate the issue instead of making random guesses.

tehepicwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 05:36:42 pm »

I'll try posting the save on DFFD, but I've never done it before. Which file should I upload? Just the "region1" which the world is in?

kingsableye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 06:46:23 pm »

Yes, upload the region1 folder and go ahead and toss the link to the DFFD into this post so we can all investigate it.

Perhaps there is a carried item that isn't being dropped? I know, more random guessing but...

tehepicwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 07:05:25 pm »

Ok, here you go.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12567

EDIT: Also, considering that the items have been forbidden for quite a while, the dwarves are starting to die off from random crap.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 07:07:36 pm by tehepicwin »

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2016, 08:30:10 pm »

They are trying to store Olin Cagithmorul's teeth in Stockpile #3, which you can determine by opening the jobs list repeatedly until you see a Store Item in Stockpile job, then using 'j' for details on that job. The teeth in question are on z-level -77 in an unrevealed part of the second cavern. (Unrevealed items are generally not included in the stocks screen.) Using d-b-f on the whole map, as suggested above, forbids these hidden teeth, and should get rid of the cancellation spam.

tehepicwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2016, 08:53:16 pm »

Thanks, that did the trick. When I mass-forbid stuff earlier, I guess I neglected to make the cube go down far enough. I'm still unsure of when and how his teeth got there, but that's the least of my concerns now.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2016, 09:03:48 pm »

On the one hand, I'm glad to see this problem resolved.  On the other hand...
I'm still unsure of when and how his teeth got there, but that's the least of my concerns now.
By Armok I love Dwarf Fortress.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2016, 09:19:00 pm »

He was your outpost liaison from 75-79. He apparently decided to depart your fortress through the downward passage to the second cavern, where he ran into the dread crundle Vaultedmoistens, so named for slaying Olin in midautumn of 79. His teeth were presumably lost during that epic struggle. A bard of minor renown, Olin is fondly remembered as the author of "And I Sang 'Torture!'". He was preceded in death by his wife Onul Goldenacted, his parents Avuz Chamberdreams and Stodir Gildbreed, and three of his siblings. He is survived by his son Alath Abyssworks, and daughters Zefon Busttalks and Id Racklulls, and five of his siblings.

tehepicwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2016, 10:21:17 pm »

He was your outpost liaison from 75-79. He apparently decided to depart your fortress through the downward passage to the second cavern, where he ran into the dread crundle Vaultedmoistens, so named for slaying Olin in midautumn of 79. His teeth were presumably lost during that epic struggle. A bard of minor renown, Olin is fondly remembered as the author of "And I Sang 'Torture!'". He was preceded in death by his wife Onul Goldenacted, his parents Avuz Chamberdreams and Stodir Gildbreed, and three of his siblings. He is survived by his son Alath Abyssworks, and daughters Zefon Busttalks and Id Racklulls, and five of his siblings.
Now that I think about it, after the dwarven caravan left, the outpost liaison hung around for quite a long time and I was wondering why he wasn't leaving. I continued the mining projects of the fort and must have failed to notice his trip into the caverns. 

kingsableye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 01:00:50 am »

What an absolutely amazing tale

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 01:33:09 am »

I particularly like his choice of subject matter in his vocalist compositions. Very dwarven. Must be a traditional values type dwarf.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 04:15:14 am »

Good to hear the problem was solved.
Liaisons now tend to enjoy themselves in the tavern for a few months before leaving, so that part is actually normal.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2016, 08:22:36 am »

I'm still unsure of when and how his teeth got there, but that's the least of my concerns now.

I was just about to say that.

I hate this kind of cancellation spam, though, even without Soundsense. Thanks, game, I already know that Urist McSockFetish can't reach that sock. You don't need to remind me ten billion times.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2016, 08:29:16 am »

I was just about to say that.

I hate this kind of cancellation spam, though, even without Soundsense. Thanks, game, I already know that Urist McSockFetish can't reach that sock. You don't need to remind me ten billion times.
Well, part of the problem is that the game just tells you something couldn't be done, but does absolutely nothing to help you figure out what causes it. If it did actually tell you the cancelled job was to fetch that sock in the location you could zoom to (rather than the position the spammer was/is while spamming) there'd be the info to do something about it.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2016, 10:33:17 am »

Technically, there is a solution provided by the game: Make Urist no longer able to haul the sock.

I mean, even further not able. Like, by disabling hauling labors. Or using magma.

Works for burrow stockpile spam, at least, though, which is marginally more useful.
Pages: 1 [2] 3