Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80000 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2016, 02:00:29 pm »

Alanna

Fodder Precious Offspring

Strength    8
Dexterity    5
Mind           12
A dagger. D6 damage

My daughter, she is very smart! Knows when to socialize and also when to shank a dirty rat!

"Marcus would like to point out that inns cost money. Marcus wonders who will pay for such extravagance."

"Can we at least decide soon? I've done nothing all day while you trapised all over the place."

"Let us see what the others think. Oi! Marcus demands a vote count! Stay or go?"

Marcus votes for leaving immediantly! Alanna is bored.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

Also I just spent 30 minutes going through music box songs how could you.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 02:28:49 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2016, 03:42:52 pm »

I'm not afraid of danger!  I'm just properly aware of how dangerous everything is!  At least with these people, I know they're the dangerous ones, and I know I can hide from them.  Back at home, I don't know!  I might open my dresser to find rabid sock puppies or venomous trouser snakes attacking me, that's hell.

In any case, keep Bill between me and the burned psycho.  One of Bill's many virtuous traits is his complete lack of windowness.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2016, 04:48:13 pm »

"We could sleep on the cart. Or on the ground. Not like that's any different from what we've been doing. I'd rather hit the bandits when I can see them, and it'd probably be easier if we got them to come to us. If they tried to rob us during the day, we could turn that on them. And I'm not exactly keen on the idea of stumbling through the ironwoods with bandits and a wizard nearby in the dark. What do you think, guy who has been hiding behind me the whole day?"

Vote to leave in the morning. Make it clear I knew syv was there the whole time.

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2016, 05:05:03 pm »

Give him back two shells for the disk. He should also give me 10 copper, but I don't mind that much if he doesn't.
Then back out of the shop.

Also voting for morning.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:22:55 pm by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2016, 09:18:20 pm »

Beethro votes with Bill since he seems to have a plan.  Wait for morning

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2016, 09:04:26 am »

Alanna

Fodder Precious Offspring

Strength    8
Dexterity    5
Mind           12
A dagger. D6 damage

My daughter, she is very smart! Knows when to socialize and also when to shank a dirty rat!

"Marcus would like to point out that inns cost money. Marcus wonders who will pay for such extravagance."

"Can we at least decide soon? I've done nothing all day while you trapised all over the place."

"Let us see what the others think. Oi! Marcus demands a vote count! Stay or go?"

Marcus votes for leaving immediantly! Alanna is bored.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

Also I just spent 30 minutes going through music box songs how could you.
(There's  a kit out there for making your own music box music. Comes with a music box and paper that you punch holes in to create notes. Oh and in case anyone was wondering, Gordon's music box isn't something I created, they're real things

I've got one, albeit not as nice of one)

You vote for leaving immediately. You don't bother to tell anyone what your plan is, or how driving out into a dark forest at night will be beneficial.

I'm not afraid of danger!  I'm just properly aware of how dangerous everything is!  At least with these people, I know they're the dangerous ones, and I know I can hide from them.  Back at home, I don't know!  I might open my dresser to find rabid sock puppies or venomous trouser snakes attacking me, that's hell.

In any case, keep Bill between me and the burned psycho.  One of Bill's many virtuous traits is his complete lack of windowness.

"We could sleep on the cart. Or on the ground. Not like that's any different from what we've been doing. I'd rather hit the bandits when I can see them, and it'd probably be easier if we got them to come to us. If they tried to rob us during the day, we could turn that on them. And I'm not exactly keen on the idea of stumbling through the ironwoods with bandits and a wizard nearby in the dark. What do you think, guy who has been hiding behind me the whole day?"

Vote to leave in the morning. Make it clear I knew syv was there the whole time.

You vote to stay the night and then promptly turn around and look at Syv, asking him what his opinion is.  Syv makes a little squealing sound and seems to panic slightly before stammering out "S-s-stay".

Give him back two shells for the disk. He should also give me 10 copper, but I don't mind that much if he doesn't.
Then back out of the shop.

Also voting for morning.

You trade two shells and get back 10 copper in exchange. You stash the disk in the music box and then head back outside, just in time to cast your vote.  You vote for staying, though you didn't really hear much of the conversation beforehand so you're not exactly sure what is staying or where.

Beethro votes with Bill since he seems to have a plan.  Wait for morning

You vote to stay as well. Charging blind into the forest at night is a severely poor idea, in your book.

Seems the "Stays" have it by a wide margin.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2016, 03:46:27 pm »

Well, I guess we're staying then, huh?

Stay away from Bill.  He's lost his most valuable trait, and his lack of transparency doesn't make up for it.  Gordon's probably the best option right now, he's great at not noticing me.  He also has a music box!  SCRATCH THAT HE SAW ME.  JUST GO HIDE BY THE ENTRANCE TO THIS CATHEDRAL THING.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2016, 04:36:18 pm »

"Blast. Marcus was looking forward to crushing heads."

"It wasn't the most thought out plan, ya know."

"Listen, sunshine, I have many needs! Needs such as pulping skulls."

"Ah, but in daylight, you can see the fear in their eyes much better!"

"Oh! An excellent point! Very well, we stay. But where? And who is buying dinner?"

I don't really have an action. Follow along with majority?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2016, 05:23:06 pm »

(Because syv is moving behind me, I think I'll get another chance at a perception roll here.)
[Gordon Perception: 10] (I assume that looky stuff is covered by Mind, so just barely a success.)

Gordon turns around to look at the person cowering behind him.
"Hi? Uh, what are you doing there, buddy?"

I guess we should ask the mayor where we can sleep? We're getting a lot of favors from him, but people might mind if we just sleep in the middle of the road or something.

More immediately, run after syv and try to get him to explain himself. Don't grab him or anything, but just keep chasing him until he can talk to me.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:08:30 pm by Egan_BW »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2016, 05:49:14 pm »

"If nothing else, we could probably sleep in the cart. We'll need to see about getting a big tarp too. I can bring out one of the creatures from the Grimoire and hide it in the back under the tarp. Then if we get ambushed, we'll have a surprise advantage. And if not, we'll have an extra body to kill bandits."

Go with the others to see about sleeping arrangements and possibly food from the mayor. And see about getting a tarp. Explain my plan to the mayor if he needs justification to give us a tarp.

((PW, I rolled stats for one of the creatures in the Grimoire. Did you want me to do that for all of them, or did you want to roll them when they're summoned?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2016, 06:59:15 pm »

Woot, catching this early(ish).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2016, 08:08:33 pm »

"That-"
Gordon watches as the man scurries away.
"...Is not an answer."

Action revised.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2016, 06:27:58 am »

Decades of scrounging and sleeping in monster-infested dungeons, don't fail me now!

Scrounge around for someplace to hit the hay till morning.  Unless one of the others finds a good place.  Then time to go full mooch!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2016, 08:24:31 am »

Woot, catching this early(ish).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Added to wait list

Well, I guess we're staying then, huh?

Stay away from Bill.  He's lost his most valuable trait, and his lack of transparency doesn't make up for it.  Gordon's probably the best option right now, he's great at not noticing me.  He also has a music box!  SCRATCH THAT HE SAW ME.  JUST GO HIDE BY THE ENTRANCE TO THIS CATHEDRAL THING.

You run from your teammates like an emotionally distraught girl on prom night, fleeing with a high pitched whine and incomprehensible semi-speech cry-babbling. You run to the spiral stairs down and get about halfway to the bottom when you notice that there's a huge group of people gathering over next to the gate!

You make a strangled screaming noise.

(Because syv is moving behind me, I think I'll get another chance at a perception roll here.)
[Gordon Perception: 10] (I assume that looky stuff is covered by Mind, so just barely a success.)

Gordon turns around to look at the person cowering behind him.
"Hi? Uh, what are you doing there, buddy?"

I guess we should ask the mayor where we can sleep? We're getting a lot of favors from him, but people might mind if we just sleep in the middle of the road or something.

More immediately, run after syv and try to get him to explain himself. Don't grab him or anything, but just keep chasing him until he can talk to me.

"If nothing else, we could probably sleep in the cart. We'll need to see about getting a big tarp too. I can bring out one of the creatures from the Grimoire and hide it in the back under the tarp. Then if we get ambushed, we'll have a surprise advantage. And if not, we'll have an extra body to kill bandits."

Go with the others to see about sleeping arrangements and possibly food from the mayor. And see about getting a tarp. Explain my plan to the mayor if he needs justification to give us a tarp.

((PW, I rolled stats for one of the creatures in the Grimoire. Did you want me to do that for all of them, or did you want to roll them when they're summoned?))
(You can roll them up now and keep hold of them or wait to summon them. Doesn't matter to me.)
Group actions eh?

Well, the mayor grants Bill a tarp, which is actually not a tarp. It's 3 raincoats someone has sewn together into a rough square shape. It will probably work as long as it doesn't have to be perfectly water tight.

As per lodging he offers you two options. He says that there's an inn down on the first floor which will offer lodging for 20 copper a head for a night, maybe even cheaper if you're willing to share rooms. Or you can sleep in the carthouse. They've got a hay loft which would be perfectly serviceable, especially if  you have a bed roll.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 53