Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

DID YOU EXCERCISE YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS?!

I voted!
- 66 (36.3%)
I did not vote!
- 13 (7.1%)
I can't vote, for reasons!
- 21 (11.5%)
I'm not a United Statsian, but I want to see the poll results!
- 82 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 181

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Election Day, USA!  (Read 8504 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Election Day, USA!
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2016, 11:06:10 am »

Posting to watch.
Love, scriver~

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2016, 11:14:08 am »

What is the turn out rate for the elections?
Make love not war

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2016, 11:15:36 am »

The only thing I could vote on in my district in South Carolina was a proposition to impose 1% more sales tax to fund school development, and if that passed, some kind of authorization for the local (county?) government to issue public debt.

I voted yes to both and they both passed.

Nothing for the state at all, which was disappointing.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2016, 11:20:11 am »

The meme magic is real, everyone! Woo!

To be honest, I'm expecting riots, and I'll be willing to join those riots if Trump pushes his pro-life policies.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2016, 12:07:31 pm »

THere were no state ballot measures on the Ohio ballet, but that doesn't concern me cause I didn't vote.
Shoes...

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2016, 12:08:23 pm »

To be honest, I'm expecting riots, and I'll be willing to join those riots if Trump pushes his pro-life policies.
Yay, reject the rule of law!
Ballot boxes, not bullets.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2016, 12:25:36 pm »

Ballot boxes failed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2016, 12:39:28 pm »

Violence is not an acceptable route, guys.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2016, 12:40:11 pm »

Uhhh... The US constitution says that violence is PERFECTLY acceptable in the case that the government isn't the way you want it... and that they are willing to fight to the death for your right to do so.

It is one of the reasons why I don't like that part of the constitution.

Though yeah you are right Eric Blank.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2016, 12:44:00 pm »

Yet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2016, 12:44:15 pm »

Ballot boxes failed.
So what is going to keep the laws you enact upheld after you overturn the result?
The other half of the vote will take arms.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2016, 12:45:13 pm »

Also PLEASE tell me the American Politics thread is just having a cool down period

And it isn't being Toady Shut down... or "I don't like people actually having disagreements so screw you!"

Edit: Nevermind looking at the Moderation thread... MAAAAAYBE a few days of cool down might be in order.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2016, 12:47:17 pm »

Also PLEASE tell me the American Politics thread is just having a cool down period

And it isn't being Toady Shut down... or "I don't like people actually having disagreements so screw you!"

Edit: Nevermind looking at the Moderation thread... MAAAAAYBE a few days of cool down might be in order.
Wouldn't unacceptable for him to lead the main participants of the few threads discussing the election into fairly uninteresting corners, considering how volatile this has been.

Edit:specifics.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 12:49:06 pm by Innsmothe »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2016, 12:53:02 pm »

Calm down people, if insulting everyone has clearly been proven to not work at all, violence won't take you much further. There's a pretty mean post election divide going on in 'murica right now and there are shady people (on both sides, lets not pretend we live in middle earth now) who are prob willing to take advantage of that kind of conflict. I'm with the WaitButWhy guy on this one, things will probably be ok, and if they arent, then you can try and do something about it, but nothing concrete has happened just yet, so, chill?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2016, 12:57:35 pm »

January and this crap will explode again, specially if some special snowflake wants to 'interupt' Donald's inauguration. ::)

...with bullets made of hypocritonim.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8