Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Heroes of Tenath [8/8]  (Read 19949 times)

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Tenath [5/8]
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2017, 10:51:08 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Starting area: Feryth or however it is said I cant read the font (Which ever has more players in)
First action: Look for work
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 08:54:25 am by Bluexdog »
No sig yet

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Tenath [6/8]
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2017, 08:41:00 am »

Added you to players list. You still have 1 point to spend on combat proficiencies, 1 point to spend on exploration proficiencies and 1 point to spend on arcane proficiencies (Vottian racial bonus). When you're done with spending proficiency points, specify your starting location and first action.

Going to improve character sheet for easier starting and less problems with spending proficiency points.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2017, 10:42:02 am »

19th Fourth Quarter 998
Noon

Tyr Loknar

[5] After loitering a while around the streets, Tyr returned to Golden Goblet, to ask Llathandrill if he has anything for him to do. It was still half a day to take his new weapon from the Erdhen Smithy, so he could do something during that time. Entering the tavern, he noticed several mercenaries sitting on the far end of the room, and the alchemist sitting by one of the tables. Who are these people? - asked Tyr. We hired them to help the Lounge. We're too weak. A bunch of weak alchemists and one skilled warrior can't win the fight against Moonlight Worshippers - they are strong and many. - he hastily replied. So, do you happen to have any job for me while I wait for my sword? - Tyr asked again, boredom striking out in his voice.

[2] I'm sorry my friend, but there's not much you can help us in without the weapon. Most of our brothers are hiding around the city, gathering supplies or preparing bombs and beverages. Why don't you train for a while and then rest? - Llathandril replied.

[1] Suddenly someone busted through the tavern's doors and nervously entered the room. He looked like one of the mercenaries that were hired by the Lounge. Best regards from Roderick Mallair! - he screamed out, raising a longsword.

Euzaroch

THE DARK LORD GUIDES US! - Euzaroch called out a warcry while taking the Life Leech in his hands. He started to feel incoming might, as if the blessing he received from Zyugewolg strenghtened. He noticed that Kallun felt it too, but a strange crawling sensation came to his mind. The warcry had some kind of drawback...

[Euzaroch: 5, Kallun: 4 +1, Death Lord: 3] The two circled around the undead monstrosity and then gave themselves a nod, after which they bravely charged at the towering death lord. Sorcerer kept the abomination busy with strong bashes of his mace, which dented and cracked the bone armor. Death Lord swung his enormous great axe at Euzaroch, but he dodged and the blade hit the ground with a great force. Then he countered the attack with a swift stab through it's arm! Death Lord shrieked in pain!

[Kallun: 5, Death Lord: 4, Euzaroch: 1] After a successfull stab, Euzaroch tried to slash at creature's knee to throw it off balance, but the monster was quicker and kicked him in chest! The strike thrown him to the ground several feet away! Before the death lord could turn back towards him, Kallun bashed at it some more.

[Death Lord: 1, Kallun: 6] One of Kallun's strikes stunned the death lord and he started beating on it until his mace completely broke!

Euzaroch dealt 30 damage. Life Leech stolen 3 HP points!
Death Lord absorbed 25 damage
Kallun dealt 16 damage.
Death Lord absorbed 16 damage.

Death Lord dealt 25 damage.
Euzaroch absorbed 12 damage
Kallun dealt 32 damage
Death Lord absorbed 19 damage

Death Lord: 29/50
Euzaroch: 8/18 (+3 from Life Leech)

Kallun: Lost iron mace
Euzaroch: Heavy bruised, several fractures

Vrillith

[3] Vrillith took one of torches left by the entrance by archeologists and descended down the cavern. He followed footprints left in the humid ground by knights assisting them, getting through tight passages until he reached an entry to ruins.

[2] There was a large rock gate sealing the entrance of ruins. There was no one in close vicinity, however, there was one of those sigil stones active in front of him. They could've used it to get to the other side of the gate.

[3] Vril touched the sigil stone. It seemed that it's guardian was already defeated and an entry was granted to anyone. He felt a surge of strange energy disintegrating his body into particles....

[6] And then rebuild it inside one of houses in the ruins. He left it and saw that this place is somewhat strange - there is a sky with dark red and purple clouds moving rapidly - a sky underground! All the buildings around here are horribly destroyed and numerous bones stick out of the rubble. This surely weren't the ruins that knight spoke about... Vril noticed a banner of Sunrise Knights on top of a small hill. He should look for them there.

Deikos of High Rock

[Deikos: 3, Rotten Wanderer: 2] The cloaked undead attacked once again, but Deikos dodged it's claws and countered with a quick and accurate slash at it's neck, beheading the monster!

[5] The creature instantly disappeared in clouds of black smoke! Deikos jumped out of it, just in case. After it dispersed, he noticed a strange, black gem on the ground. It seemed to absorb sunlight. The knight took it and hidden in his sack, feeling that it may be valuable, something was telling him that it's not accursed.

[4] He then continued on the way, following the path and reaching the city of High Rock.

Deikos dealt 30 damage.
Rotten wanderer absorbed 12 damage.

Rotten wanderer is dead. Glossary entry added.

Deikos: Found black gem

Erin Blood

It is really rare to meet a Vottian far away from the jungles and swamps of Vott, but Erin made her way to Iseth's capital - Wickbreach. After resting in one of it's taverns, she decided to look for some job.

[3] Asking around the town she found out that Mercenaries Guild is always looking for new members, and that there may be some work at great market. No one told her anything too specific however.

[5] After a quick visit at the great market of Wickbreach, Erin knew that Mercantile Triangle is looking for someone to guard their treasury and they pay 240 Florins for a night! There are also several less risky jobs around the market and craftsmen districts - almost everyone is currently looking for messengers and apprentices, and the wages go from 60 to 120 Florins.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2017, 11:12:37 am »

"What to do what to do....." She says to herself See if their are any wizards taking on apprentices, if none are found take the guard job
No sig yet

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2017, 03:29:53 pm »

"That was...scarry.
Approach the banner try to get an ideal of the area around me
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2017, 07:30:49 pm »

Keep my distance, make sure Llathandrill doesn't get hurt
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2017, 09:50:02 pm »

"KALLUN! BACK UP! I'm about to do something very dangerous..."

Smiling at the somewhat pleasurable sensation of broken bones, Euzaruoch tosses a bottle of firewater at the Death Lord.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2017, 11:01:54 pm »

Head to the local alchemist's den. Ask if the alchemist knows what the function of the gem is.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2017, 12:32:09 pm »

19th Fourth Quarter 998
Evening

Tyr Loknar

[Mercenary: 3, Tyr: 6, Llathandril: 5] The hired blade charged at Tyr, trying to stab him at the chest. However, he managed to dodge out, but tripping on a chair he fell and hit the floor. Alchemist hastily thrown a flask at the mercenary and his gear dissolved in a blink of an eye!

[Tyr: 2, Llathandril: 5, Mercenary: 4] Tyr tried to scramble away from incoming thug but he was still stunned. Alchemist reacted quickly and pushed the man away from Loknar.

[Llathandril: 4, Mercenary: 5, Tyr: 6] Tyr finally got up from the ground and with alchemist they together lunged at the mercenary, but he jumped away. Tyr slammed at Llathandril and knocked him to the ground.

Tyr lost 2 HP, bruised
Llathandtil lost 3 HP, bruised

Llathandril 11/14
Tyr: 20/22

Euzaroch

KALLUN! BACK UP! I'm about to do something very dangerous... - Euzaroch shouted getting up from the ground, smiling due to somewhat pleasureable sensation of broken bones.

[Euzaroch: 4, Kallun: 4, Death Lord: 1] He took a vial of golden liquid out of his equipment, aimed it and thrown perfectly at the death lord. Sorcerer retreated just in time, as the vial hit it's bone armor and splashed the liquid all over the undead. Firewater instantly turned ablaze, the death lord was screaming maddeningly!

[Kallun: 4, Death Lord: 3, Euzaroch: 6] It wasn't enough to kill it, but the fire weakened the creature considerably. When it was trying to put out the flames, sorcerer and his companion both attacked - Kallun with fists and Euzaroch with sword. The latter got slight burn wounds, but it's powerful slash connected nicely and split monster's bone armor in half!

[Death Lord: 2, Euzaroch: 6, Kallun: 1] The death lord was losing all it's remaining strenght. It was just one strong stab from death. Euzaroch jumped back and then ran towards the falling on it's knees death lord, jumping when getting just close and stabbing Life Leech through it's head. The undead abomination exploded and sorcerer took most of the force of explosion, which thrown him away!

Destruction of death lord healed all Euzaroch's and Kallun's wounds and strenghtened Life Leech, but two bonelords arisen from the charred corpse!

Death Lord lost 29 HP (24 in firewater attack [12 per combat turn] and 5 in sword attacks). Glossary entry added.

Life Leech +12 AR

Vrillith

That was...scary. - Vrillith mumbled out. He decided to leave the ruined entrance and check the area with sunrise banner.

[5] He reached the hill rather quickly and looking around saw a few abandoned graveyards and patches of charred ground. There was a tall, dilapidated tower in the distance, and an old man with long, gray beard and wearing a dark coat approaching. Vrillith waited for him to come. Ah, another one of those sunlight brothers seeking the ultimate challenge? - he said as he approached Vril, smirking. What challenge? I don't know what is this place, I'm here to help other knights. Do you know where they could've gone? - Vril asked, taking a seat on an ashen tree log.

[2] I'm sorry to make you worried, but I have no idea where they could've gone. The tower in the distance seems a plausible option, but if so, they're already dead... - he replied, pointing at the ruined tower. Dead? What's living there? - Vrillith inquired.

[3] It's not living. It's very nature prevents it from being ever alive. If you wish to know more before going for a sure peril, I'll stay here. - the old man said, taking a seat on the log beside Vril.

Deikos of High Rock

[5] Deikos entered the city of High Rock and after asking for some directions, he found local alchemist. It felt strange that despite living for years near this city, he didn't knew where this place was. He entered the building just before a tall, lanky man in a robe was about to close it. Good evening! I want to ask about this gem. I found it on the road to the city. - Deikos greeted the man then took the black gem from his sack.

[1] That's.... that's.... - the man seemed frightened by the gem. You'd better leave now... - he said, moving with Deikos towards doorway. What? What's wrong with it? - the knight asked.

[1] This is.... well, it's closed already! Goodbye! - the alchemist pushed Deikos out of the building and closed the doors tight. Knight-errant heard a sigh of relief coming from the house afterwards.

Erin Blood

What to do what to do..... - Erin repeated in her mind. She wanted to become an apprentice of a wizard - these powerful spellcasters of legends. But the job of guardian in Mercantile Triangle's treasury seemed profitable...

[1] Strolling around the market and craftsmen districts she couldn't find any wizards. It seemed that the legends weren't true at all, but she knew that magic somewhat exists. Erin always had some strange, mystical ability to feel it. When it darkened around the city's streets, someone approached her and said: What a woman such as yourself is doing here all alone? - grabbing a dagger and laughing.

[Thug: 5, Erin: 6] Suddenly Erin noticed a glowing distortion just close to the outlaw. It looked like the man couldn't see it. When he lunged at her with the dagger, she dodged and grasped it. Numerous thunders moved through her hand, charging it with energy and then shot out  from her fingers in a bright flash that temporarily blinded her enemy! It hurt her though, she's got a few burns on her hand.

[Erin: 4, Thug: 3 -1] Then she drawn her curved sword and with one swift slash, she slit the bandit's throat!

Erin lost 2 HP and dealt 18 damage.

Thug lost 12 HP, throat slit. Glossary entry added.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2017, 12:46:03 pm »

Sit with the man and learn all I can of this place
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2017, 01:33:24 pm »

Examine the gem.

I wonder what this may be...
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2017, 01:35:14 pm »

"Greatness awaits us, Kallun! Glory to the Dark Lord!"

Attack the bonelords.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2017, 02:00:04 pm »

"Poor bastard, ah well time to resume my search!"She trys one more time to find a wizard that could take her as a student, if it fails again go for the safe guard job
No sig yet

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2017, 06:43:10 pm »

Dodge his next attack, then get in close, where his longsword will be of no use, and take him down
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2017, 04:44:14 am »

Try to convince the guard to let us in now and let us out later.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18