Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Genetic engineering, Beyond Eugenics, Crispr, End of disease, Designer babies.  (Read 10207 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

While not all that difficult to make, you probably want to go with something that has a far smaller taste and smell signature of methanol. Having worked with the stuff, I can tell you it's in no way hard to detect and even an ignorant person wouldn't consume it willingly. Humans are kind of advanced on the "is this bad water" question.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I didn't say it wasn't dangerous. Christ, in lab work we did everything but respirator masks when dealing with methanol, and that was because there was a vent system.

And then there are the people who think they've made ethanol, or who just want to live on the razor's edge...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Hmmm, I feel like this is the start of an SCP entry, determining that the problem with kids tv is the whole "eyes on screen time" and engineering something to blind children with horrifying side effects.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Hey, over in the Cartoons thread we've determined that children need to be permanently blinded. The reason why isn't important...just know that it's for a good and worthy cause. Is there anything that genetic engineers can do to help make this happen?
That's easy. Just disrupting a single gene should do the trick. It doesn't even have to be tissue-specific which would be the hard part.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SCP-NOPE: Hordes of creepy eyeless children asking "whatcha watching?" and chasing you around.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

SCP-NOPE: Hordes of creepy eyeless children asking "whatcha watching?" and chasing you around.
It wouldn't be a long chase.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

It just kinda gets sad after they start tripping over each other.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It just kinda gets sad after they start tripping over each other.
They're skittering around on all fours, obviously.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

I've just seen this (for homework reasons) and I had to share it here:

Look at your control mouse. Now look at me...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Reading more on this, this is kind of scary TBH.

These mice aren't just stronk, turns out they are also markedly more aggressive. This is of course assuming a lot about the psychology of Gears-of-War-transgenic mice kept in lab conditions, but if this would extend to humans, this construct is, pessimistically, a low-grade freaking RL Rage Virus.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Reading more on this, this is kind of scary TBH.

These mice aren't just stronk, turns out they are also markedly more aggressive. This is of course assuming a lot about the psychology of Gears-of-War-transgenic mice kept in lab conditions, but if this would extend to humans, this construct is, pessimistically, a low-grade freaking RL Rage Virus.
Isn't it basically the effects of steroids?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

Steroids don't do anything if you don't exercise, they just make your balls shrink.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Steroids don't do anything if you don't exercise, they just make your balls shrink.
Most impressive side effect I heard of was that one guy whose heart was so powerful it exploded itself

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Posting to watch.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6