Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: The Forum Game List  (Read 33268 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forum Game List
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2017, 06:45:49 pm »

I use the notify button all the time. It lets me know that a thread I'm interested in has updated, instead of checking for it every so often or futilely looking for it in the first few pages. Is that really that unusual?

Not super unusual, though I mostly use it to get email notifications when one of my project threads gets a reply. Helps me know to check the forum!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2017, 07:22:44 pm »

What, you mean I'm the only one who obsessively reloads the page every two minutes in the hopes of an update?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2017, 07:28:54 pm »

What, you mean I'm the only one who obsessively reloads the page every two minutes in the hopes of an update?
That's an overstatement. Only TBF is capable of that.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2017, 07:34:37 pm »

That's an overstatement. Only TBF is capable of that.
Nah, it's easy enough to follow things, it's posting in every single thread you have updates for is the challenge.

I update new replies all the time.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2017, 11:45:01 pm »

Posting to follow and using Notify button does the same thing. In the posting page there's "Attachments and other options" where at least I have "Notify me of replies" checked by default.

So on page http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=notification;u=87967 (where the number is your user id) you see list of threads you have posted, sorted by last update included with link to first unread post. Really handy thing. I don't even know how others are keeping track of their favourite threads.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2017, 12:58:18 am »

I don't even know how others are keeping track of their favourite threads.

I post in them so they show in my 'show unread posts since last visit' place v;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2017, 01:09:00 am »

Every two minutes?  Slow.

Yeah.

Also:

Notify button sends you an email, PTWing adds a thread to the threads that show in your 'Show new replies to your posts' link.

At least, that's how my setup works.

I tend to use notifications for things I need to respond to on a vaguely timely basis, versus just refreshing unread replies for everything else.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:11:34 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2017, 02:14:23 am »

That list shows just about everything for me, even DF modding threads and I don't even visit that subboard. Notify button works for me nice, meaning I don't need to do this PTW thing everyone else is doing, "Show new replies to your posts" lists threads I don't care about anymore, the reminder email goes into my trash email anyway so it's no problem either. But whatever floats in your boat. Just letting you know that Notify system is more configurable, you won't be needing any extra softwares to clean up that list.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2017, 02:29:54 pm »

Those two links are confusing.  Unread Posts is the most recent posts on the entire forum.  New Replies is threads you've posted in.  Can we get a different thread for this discussion though?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2017, 09:32:42 am »

I just use my memory.
Is that abnormal?
Can we get a different thread for this discussion though?
Also this.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2017, 08:34:12 pm »

Question:
Are Interest checks for games all okay?

Avanti!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2017, 09:15:57 pm »

Question:

Hmm...given 'interest check' tends to imply the game is still in its very early infancy, I think that may deserve its own category.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2017, 09:35:17 pm »

Question:

Hmm...given 'interest check' tends to imply the game is still in its very early infancy, I think that may deserve its own category.
Well, I have a near fully-formed idea, but one that I'm not sure would get any traction. This specific thread doesn't quite seem active enough for that.

Avanti!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2017, 05:20:23 am »

We really need some Senators in Birth of Bureaucracy to prevent the Dictator from concentrating all power in his person. In addition, you could pass some legislation making you guys governors of cities and provinces and whatnot, so you could do some empire-building while our nation of Estrella has some fun power-struggle tug-o-war. The senate is all NPC now so they're a bit of a non-entity, which is sad as that makes half the draw of the game non-functional. You could also start with your own private army and just go conquering land for the lols. Really a lot of options open atm.

In addition, the important position of Minister of the Economy is unfilled atm, and we could use a new player for the Minister of Civic Service.

EDIT: This is the closest I could find to a "player recruitment" thread on a quick check, so sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:23:38 am by Demonic Spoon »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2017, 03:18:32 pm »

Distant Colony needs a replacement player.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8