Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 280

Author Topic: Twilight Academy: Resurgence (School Thread - IC) - Welcome to Class  (Read 123634 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

{*} Twilight Academy: Resurgence {*}

School Thread

OOC

~~~~~

All of you stand before the gates of Twilight Academy. It is unlike anywhere you've ever seen before, so vastly removed from the things you thought of as mundane that you can hardly comprehend it.

Yes, Magic exists, as do gods and the like, but something like... this... is unheard of, impossible, even.

If it was just the insane design of the thing, it would be understandable. At first glance, the place seems to be made of a dark grey stone, smooth and polished, which forms four large walls that enclose the School proper, which is best described as a castle, but... not really.

See, the castle itself is huge, its main building extending what seems to be hundreds of meters into the sky, but even that isn't the crazy part. The crazy part is that it seems to... move, whenever noone is looking, new towers being formed and dissappearing, some normal, to certain vailues of normal, others simply sticking out of the sides of the building like tumors, sideways... and yet somehow, you can see forms walking through them as if they were perfectly upright.

of course, fitting with its impossible nature, the castle is on a rock floating in a void of empty darkness, save for an artificial sun that blazes down from high above, lighting and heating the building, feeling rather pleasant, like a warm summer's eve, upon your backs.

There are dozens, almost a hundred children of all ages around you, from clamoring children to downtrodden teens, from cheery cheerleader types to the kind of incredible beefcake that seems to have more slabs of muscle on his body than most people have skin cells.

All of you, dubbed "B Dorms Group", have been gathered together by a girl, appearing to be around the age of 18, adorned in a crimson scarf, a tan cardigan over a white t-shirt, and light colored skinny jeans. Her eyes radiate a beautiful blue, from the sun rays, and her long brown hair gentle falls onto her chest. "Hiya, Dorm B! My name's Ashley, and I'm your 'sponsor' so to speak, here at the academy. That's just a fancy way of saying that I'm a senior here that volunteered to be a counselor, and friendly face for you all! I'll be here to help you through this first semester... I think that's about it. Who's ready?" She smiles brightly, clearly enthusiastic with things.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:19:18 pm by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy: Resurgence (School Thread - IC) - Orientation
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 11:06:33 pm »

Alexander wordlessly raises a hand.

God this place was weird.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 11:08:45 pm »

Selina holds her free hand up slowly, other hand holding her pad of paper to her chest protectively as she looked about.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 11:08:51 pm »

Tiana stared in wonder at the School, in all of its majesty. The peach farm did not prepare me for this, she thought. She thought it was amazing that she had magic, but to discover that she was going to be going to this academy, was extraordinary. However, she was drawn from her reverie by the woman at the front asking who was ready, and so Tiana raised her hand.

"Guess I'm ready?"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 11:30:41 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 11:09:49 pm »

"Questions, or is that you two raising your hand to signify you're ready to go?"
Ashley points her pen at Selina and Alexander.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 11:10:07 pm »

An androgynous individual with blonde hair who appears to be wearing some sort of large metal backpack nods. "I believe so, but I did have one inquiry... is the facility actually changing shape?" Their voice had a faint but noticeable metallic echo to it, hinting at their origins.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 11:11:22 pm »

From the back, an unassuming teen speaks up. "I have a question."
Black lives matter.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 11:12:51 pm »

"Um... j-just ready to go." She says quickly, dropping her hand back down.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 11:13:38 pm »

A scraggly looking boy looks with a slight frown. So much like the court but... It's fucking unnatural. Like, He was used to things that shouldn't be, after the third woman who's head pops off you start to be unaffected by this kind of thing. But... there's so little life to it. That's the only answer. Even the stone back where he was from had some of that vital essence but this was clearly magic. He takes a breath before raising an affirmative hand. A thumbs up. He assumes that's an affirmative gesture here as well.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 11:13:57 pm »

Alexander glanced at the backpack wearing (wo)man. They had made no indication of wanting to ask a question.

Deciding to ignore the rudeness, he asks Ashley what he had been wondering. "You said you're our sponsor. Normally that means you have some sort of stake in us beyond just helping, like gaining special perks for being our 'guide' if we perform well. Is that the case?"
The circle is complete.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 11:17:29 pm »

An androgynous individual with blonde hair who appears to be wearing some sort of large metal backpack nods. "I believe so, but I did have one inquiry... is the facility actually changing shape?" Their voice had a faint but noticeable metallic echo to it, hinting at their origins.
"Yes, it actually is. Confusing, I know."

From the back, an unassuming teen speaks up. "I have a question."
"Yes, you, in the back?"

Alexander glanced at the backpack wearing (wo)man. They had made no indication of wanting to ask a question.

Deciding to ignore the rudeness, he asks Ashley what he had been wondering. "You said you're our sponsor. Normally that means you have some sort of stake in us beyond just helping, like gaining special perks for being our 'guide' if we perform well. Is that the case?"
"The only other part besides being your counselor and friend, is someone to make sure you don't get hurt too bad on a mission that the school sends you on. There's a mandatory mission around the middle of the semester... but I'm just a volunteer for this position. No special perks for me, as far as I'm aware."

"Um... j-just ready to go." She says quickly, dropping her hand back down.
"Oh, no need to be embarrassed! I was just curious."
Ashley smiles.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 11:19:02 pm »

Tiana puts her hand down, and nods.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 11:21:35 pm »

"In that case, thank you very much for your assistance."

Bowing slightly, Alex lowers his hand and stands still, waiting for the next prompt.

He had been somewhat skeptical about the "magical academy" letter he had received -it reeked of some sort of scam- but looking at what was around him, there was no way or reason to deny its authenticity.
The circle is complete.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 11:22:57 pm »

"What's the policy on animals in the dorms?"

Funny.
I do my best.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 11:24:46 pm »

A somewhat androgynous individual, although one who appears to be trying to be female, seems honestly unimpressed, like she saw a greater wonder before.  And possibly like she's been living here for a while.

"I'm ready.  Not like I haven't been for the past half a year..."

She waves at Selina.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 11:30:35 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 280