Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: You're a Homeless Mutant in a Cyberpunk Metropolis! SG  (Read 8796 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: You're a Homeless Mutant in a Cyberpunk Metropolis! SG
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2016, 03:29:12 pm »

Get some sort of mask - even a stocking will do. We're to give them Tony's message, but there's no need to let them know our identity lest they come for some payback later.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 03:32:17 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2016, 07:00:44 pm »

[?] What is your name? This can include a nickname, or anything that you go by.
Mike "Rushmore" Vucik. The nickname was earned when some asshole broke his hand on my face after slamming it against a wall.

[X] Sure, you could use some work.
[X] Rough up some of the competition.

There's no point in asking about a bank account, but do we have somewhere safe to stash the cash?
+1
+1
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2016, 07:17:46 pm »

Mike "Rushmore" Vucik. The nickname was earned when some asshole broke his hand on my face after slamming it against a wall.

There's no point in asking about a bank account, but do we have somewhere safe to stash the cash?
+1
+1
We have the means to do it and might not get killed, why not?

+1
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2016, 09:58:23 am »

+1
+1

+1
+1 The quote pyramid begins.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2016, 01:49:35 pm »

+1
+1

+1
+1 The quote pyramid begins.
+ except we don't know our name. Everybody just calls us "spooks" cause of our eyes.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2016, 06:05:49 pm »

Budump.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2016, 07:17:45 pm »

Budump.

((Don't worry, this Thread isn't dead. I'm just too busy to update right now, I probably will sometime later this week.))

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2016, 09:09:52 pm »

DAY ONE

[X] What is your name? This can include a nickname, or anything that you go by.

You nod, "My full name's Mike "Rushmore" Vucik. I got the nickname when some asshole broke his hand punching me in the face. You might as well hit a brick wall." Tony nods, chuckling. "Heh, that I have, boy, didn't slow me down any! Now then, what about the job openings?"

"Sure, I could always use a little extra quid. How about I scare off those Viper punks? Seems easy enough, You pat the concealed 9mm Pistol. "And now that I've got a contingency plan, it should be a cakewalk." Tony nods for what seems like the fourth time, "Ah yeah... Very good boy, very good! Come back tomorrow. I think I'll go ahead and skip along for now, don't want to draw any heat." "Whatever you say. I'll do it, you'd better have the money." A quick grin is the only response you get. Tony turns and takes off at a jog.

Well then, better hop to it. The Vipers are over at Bourne's Street, which is about an hour's walk away, given the traffic. You shouldn't have any trouble getting there, at least. Once you're there, on the other hand... It'd probably be a good idea to pick up a mask of some kind. After all, you don't want to do the job and then get knifed in your sleep a week later. What'd work best? Hmm, Medieval Helmetry is out of your price range, and you don't feel like running around with panties on your head like some kind of cartoon character either. It's probably best to stick to the classics, a Ski-Mask would do nicely.

Half an hour later, you're walking out of Home Depot with a brand-spankin' new Blue Ski Mask. -$9.95, +Blue Ski Mask. You got a few strange looks at the register, but hey, a homeless kid who hasn't bathed in weeks buys some winter clothes when the snow gets deep, that's nothing unusual, and won't be making any waves. For now, you keep the Mask stuck in your back pants pocket. You shrug to yourself and head to Bourne's Street.

You're in no hurry and you take your sweet time getting there. It's one 'o clock, the Vipers probably won't show up 'till four, at the earliest. Two hours go by and you reach Bourne's Street. Apart from the snow and the usual riff-raff passing through, there's no sign of any gangsters. You go over the an alleyway, lean up against a dumpster, and wait. And wait. And wait. And wait and oh hey there they are!

Spoiler:  Threat Level (click to show/hide)

Two men, late thirties, early forties, stand out in the crowd. Both are wearing Army Surplus Jackets, Tactical Pants, and Combat Boots. They've got a steely glint to their eyes, and judging by the green  scarves, these are the guys you're looking for. They're chatting and look relaxed, but you've seen a lot, and can tell that they've got a good sense of their surroundings. The Vipers walk out and stop underneath a flickering street light, casually loitering.

Spoiler:  Gang Enforcers (2) (click to show/hide)

[?] You can't back out now, you've already said you'd do it. How do you want to handle this?

Spoiler:  Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:12:44 pm by Ardent Debater »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2016, 09:13:45 pm »

((Sorry about the late update, I've been busy lately. Also, I swear by the Great Toad I didn't fudge those rolls. Mike's lucky, I'll give him that.))

EDIT: ((An Attack from an Ambush has a 25% chance to uber-crit on the first turn. tripling  damage. Attacks from Ambush also have a +4 to their roll as long as the Attacker is undetected. An 18-20+ on an Attack is a standard-crit, which doubles the attack's damage. When Attacking with Semi-Automatic Ranged Weapons, there's a 40% chance for two shots in one turn, and a 20% chance for three shots.))
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:25:22 pm by Ardent Debater »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2016, 09:56:16 pm »

Put on our mask the put a couple of rounds mid center of mass.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2016, 11:13:55 pm »

+1, these guys aren't going to be scared off by a kid waving a gun.

Before opening fire: while we're still calm, prepare by hardening the entire body except for the least amount of joints necessary to perform the job.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:14:28 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2016, 12:54:30 am »

Ptw
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2016, 10:56:12 am »

Before opening fire: while we're still calm, prepare by hardening the entire body except for the least amount of joints necessary to perform the job.
+1 to the joints idea.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2016, 11:06:37 am »

+1 to the joints idea.
+1
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2016, 07:18:17 pm »

+1 to the joints idea.
+1

NO NO NO. If we start shooting these guys will shred us. Hell, if we even start to put on the mask these guys are going to be watching us, and we would probably get shot before we can even pull out our gun. The one advantage we have here is our mutant powers. We need to be smarter. Furthermore, if we are planning to kill them we don't need the mask.

So what do we do? idea time.

1. If they are underneath some tall buildings we could get on the roof and drop down on them using our natural force mimicry.

2. We could walk past them casually and surprise them with a hunting click using sound wave generation, and use to opening to get our gun out and some bullets into them.

3. We could try to get the fuzz involved. They are gang members after all, and if we can get them shooting, I doubt an officer would hesitate to put them down. This is a good bit risky though, and I don't know if our employer would like it.

Honestly, anything is better than putting on our mask and trying to go toe to toe with these guys though.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6