Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: You're a Homeless Mutant in a Cyberpunk Metropolis! SG  (Read 8813 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: You're a Homeless Mutant in a Cyberpunk Metropolis! SG
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2016, 01:52:22 pm »

Gold is very supple, we could end up with quite the dent if someone shot us - not to speak of the risk of some greedy psycho forcing us to turn into gold and chopping bits off if we ever show that power.

Now, I wonder if we can control our shape if we transform into water, air or fire like traditional elementals (though the last may be troublesome to do)...
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2016, 02:02:32 pm »

Gold is pretty heavy, so punching somebody with golden fists might be a valuable attack in close range...

This reminds me, if we grew our fingernails, and wore glass bracelets we cut cut people like that...

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2016, 02:27:59 pm »

How about steel rings? We have short fur and long fingers, we could turn our hands into steel and back hand people with what would be the equivalent of a rust brush.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2016, 02:29:14 pm »

Gold is pretty heavy, so punching somebody with golden fists might be a valuable attack in close range...

This reminds me, if we grew our fingernails, and wore glass bracelets we cut cut people like that...
Lead is also very heavy, and easier to get, but even that doesn't offer much advantage over the steel which we are about to have sewn in our clothes.
As for long glass nails, that could work, but they may break too easily. Steel, on the other hand...

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2016, 09:16:19 pm »

DAY ONE

[X] The Tenement Apartments.
[X] Good Idea, go pickup some steel washers and sew 'em into the clothes.

Hell, you do need to get out there, but if some gang thought you were muscling in on their turf... It wouldn't be pretty, and 'sides, it'd only take a second...

Spoiler:  Speedy Travel Roll (click to show/hide)

Damn it all! You've been walking for two hours and you still haven't found a single god-damned Home Depo- Oh, there's one, just two blocks down-street. Times like these make you wish you had Mind-Reading Powers, or at least a smartphone with GPS. Ah well, it coulda been worse, two hours isn't so bad. Nobody notices you among the traffic, you buy a little rinky-dink Chinese sewing kit and ten cheapo steel washer rings, -$9.69 Credits, +Cheap Sewing Kit, +10 Steel Washer Rings

After that, you head to a McDonalds Bathroom, and thirty minutes later, voila! You stitched a few washer rings in strategic areas, on the palms of your gloves, inside your shoes, a few scattered around the inside of your T-shirt, over your back and chest, two in your Cargo Pants, around the crotch and thighs, and, for good measure, you sew the last into your hoodie at neck level. With all this, you think you'll be just fine if someone tries to cap you with anything short of a sawn-off. -10 Steel Washer Rings, +Steel Washer Reinforcement, (For Natural Force Mimicry)

Now that that's out of the way, you're free to engage in some tax-free capitalism down in the slums. Tenement Apartments, you mean. Whatever, same difference. You head over to an Walmart parking lot over by one of the Residence Districts and make sure to turn your pants pockets inside out so potential customers will know you're dealing. Lunchtime rush is well-under way by the time you're there, and there's no shortage of customers.

Spoiler:  Drug Dealing Roll (click to show/hide)

Holy shit, you weren't standing there for two minutes when this guy, in a fricken' suit and tie, walks up and hands you five hundred Cred slips and buys your whole stock. He walks away while you stand there, mouth gaping. Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit man, this is like, the most money you've had in, in, in YEARS! What should you do now? -$200 Ice, +$500 Credits

[] Go straight to Tony and give him all the Money, he's got connections, and he'd be impressed.
[] Go straight to Tony and give him all the Money, he's your friend, you won't lie to him.
[] Go straight to Tony and give him $200, keeping the rest for yourself, he won't notice the difference and you need it more than him.
[] Go straight to Tony and give him $200, keeping the rest for yourself, maybe you could start dealing on your own with this much.
[] Wait a few hours 'till it's dark, then go see Tony and give him all the Money, he's got connections and he'd be impressed.
[] Wait a few hours 'till it's dark, then go see Tony and give him all the Money, he's your friend, you won't lie to him.
[] Wait a few hours 'till it's dark, then go see Tony and give him $200, keeping the rest for yourself, he won't notice the difference and you need it more than him.
[] Wait a few hours 'till it's dark, then go see Tony and give him $200, keeping the rest for yourself, maybe you could start dealing on your own with this much.
[] Ditch Tony and keep the Money, he won't use it for any good, and you can't have that one your conscience.
[] Ditch Tony and keep the Money, you don't need him and with the Money, you could start your own operation.

Spoiler:  Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:54:20 pm by Ardent Debater »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2016, 09:28:05 pm »

[X] Wait a few hours 'till it's dark, then go see Tony and give him $200, keeping the rest for yourself, maybe you could start dealing on your own with this much.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2016, 09:34:16 pm »

[X] Wait a few hours 'till it's dark, then go see Tony and give him all the Money, he's got connections and he'd be impressed.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2016, 07:53:39 am »

[X] Go straight to Tony and give him $200, keeping the rest for yourself, he won't notice the difference and you need it more than him.

The agreed was $200, and we need the tip more than he does. Be sure to ask for our cut.

If we wait we won't be getting much else done and would be walking about with a big amount of someone else's money - that's always very inadvisable. Besides, there's no harm in telling him that we got lucky and sold it all at once.

Trying to impress Tony would be counter-productive, we got very lucky and if we get his hopes up we probably won't be able to deliver.
Trying to start dealing for ourselves is most likely to get us in trouble with Tony and any gangs we run into.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2016, 08:43:24 am »

[X] Go straight to Tony and give him $200, keeping the rest for yourself, he won't notice the difference and you need it more than him.

The agreed was $200, and we need the tip more than he does. Be sure to ask for our cut.

If we wait we won't be getting much else done and would be walking about with a big amount of someone else's money - that's always very inadvisable. Besides, there's no harm in telling him that we got lucky and sold it all at once.

Trying to impress Tony would be counter-productive, we got very lucky and if we get his hopes up we probably won't be able to deliver.
Trying to start dealing for ourselves is most likely to get us in trouble with Tony and any gangs we run into.
+1 this.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2016, 02:44:36 pm »

+1 this.
+1
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2016, 04:55:41 pm »

+1 this.
+1
+1
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2016, 05:36:20 pm »

+1 this.
+1
+1
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2016, 02:54:18 pm »

DAY ONE

It'd be a good idea to wait 'till dark, so Tony doesn't think anything's suspicious, you'd give him the $200 as promised and pocket the rest. Then again, Tony knows people, if you gave him more than twice market value, he'd be impressed, and that'd open up doors for you... Come to think of it, that's a terrible idea, what the hell would you gain from forking over $500? Yeah he'd be impressed alright, right up until you couldn't deliver. You know what? There's no point in wasting time here, you'd be better off just heading straight for Tony and giving him all of the Credits he wanted.

Spoiler:  Safe Travel Roll (click to show/hide)

You start walking and fifteen minutes later you're at the Park. Damn, should've taken the back alley shortcuts the first time. Lesson Learned. Tony's sitting on a Bench talking to someone on a smartphone, when he sees you he hangs up. "Why you back so early? Pigs hold you up? Run into some Vipers?" You hold up your hand, cutting him off, "Nah, sold it all in one go. Here's the cash." -$200 Credits The look of disbelief on his face is priceless and you won't forget it anytime soon.

He counts the Slips to check that you're not cheating him and after finishing, nods contentedly. "Good, good work boy... This's just what I needed. Hmm, I said I'd give you a cut, fair's fair, and here it is." He hands you back one-fifth of the money, slightly greasy from Tony's sweaty hands. +$40 Credits Tony keeps talking, "Now, I said I'd reward you if you came back on time, and damn I'd say this qualifies," He partially unzips his rain slicker, grabs something and hands it to you. +9mm Pistol, +16 9mm Rounds "With your, ah, condition and all the wannabe gangsters running around, I figured you could use some heat. Consider it an investment. You know how to shoot right?"

Your own 9mm Pistol, yours, not borrowed or stolen, man. Sure, it's a peashooter compared to the hardware most gangs use, and you might as well try to use a butter-knife on the cops, but still. Holding it almost makes you feel like you do when you use your Powers, like, like you're important, like you mean something. That, and it should be more than enough for druggies. You'd better be careful with it though, the laws against Mutants owning Firearms are strict, if you were caught you'd probably never see the light of day.

Incredulously, you nod, "Y-yes sir..." "Atta boy, if you're smart, you'll keep it hidden, if you're smarter, you'll keep it on safety and the chamber empty. Don't want it to go off and you lose a foot, got it?" You nod again, "Uh, Yuh huh. Uh, I mean, yes sir." "Sir? If I was a sir I wouldn't be drug dealing in this trash heap, call me Tony." "Yes si-, uh, A-alright." "Seeing as how it's this early, do you want some more work? Also, my memory's not the greatest, what was your name again?"

[?] What is your name? This can include a nickname, or anything that you go by.

[X] Sure, you could use some work. (Choose one option)

[] Deliver $80 credits of Blitz to a local dealer in the slums. Blitz is a highly addictive, and highly illegal synthetic drug for Gene-Freaks like you. It gives users a temporary upgrade to their powers and gives them much better control, it also has a decent chance of an adverse reaction. Last week, you read in the papers that some lightweight fire mutant exploded in a crowded cafe. Not pretty, not pretty at all. If you do this job, you'll get paid $30 credits, this is a low risk job.
[] Rough up some of the competition. Recently a rival gang calling themselves the Vipers has been muscling in on Tony's territory, and that's bad for business. Tony needs you to intimidate a few Thugs that have been hanging out on Bourne's Street. Shouldn't be to well armed, almost certainly no Muties, but they might put up a fight. If you can drive them off without fighting, great, but if you have to, try not to kill anybody. If you do this job, you'll get paid $200 credits, this is a high risk job.
[] Is there anything else you could do?

[X] Nah, you're fine for today. (Choose one or two options)

[] Go to a fast food and get some cheap food to celebrate.
[] Go to an actual Restaurant and get some real food to celebrate.
[] Go shopping and spend some money. (Specify what kind of store you're looking for.)
[] Go downtown, find a Bar where they won't ask questions and spend some money to celebrate.
[] Go uptown and beg for change, if you look terrible enough it'll pay off and besides, you could use some more money.
[] Go Dumpster Diving, you can find some pretty nice stuff sometimes and besides, the stuff's free.
[] Look for a place to crash for the night, it's still pretty early but it helps to make sure. If all else fails, you could use a Homeless Shelter, but you might get knifed.
[] Go find somewhere isolated and practice using your Powers.
[] Look for a Hotel or Motel to crash for the night, you've got the money.
[] Something else?

Spoiler:  Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:58:40 pm by Ardent Debater »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2016, 03:15:07 pm »

Mike "Rushmore" Vucik. The nickname was earned when some asshole broke his hand on my face after slamming it against a wall.

[X] Sure, you could use some work.
[X] Rough up some of the competition.

There's no point in asking about a bank account, but do we have somewhere safe to stash the cash?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2016, 03:16:01 pm »

Mike "Rushmore" Vucik. The nickname was earned when some asshole broke his hand on my face after slamming it against a wall.

[X] Sure, you could use some work.
[X] Rough up some of the competition.

There's no point in asking about a bank account, but do we have somewhere safe to stash the cash?
+1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6