Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60355 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2016, 11:57:38 am »

I have a busy schedual. I want it to be tommorrow to see what happens in the morning.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2016, 12:09:15 pm »

Day will end Wednesday October 26th, 12:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.  1 extension left for this day.

Vote Count
------------------------
TheDarkStar (0) -
FallacyofUrist (1) - hector13
Imic (1) - juicebox
Tiruin (0) -
Weirdo (0) -
hector13 (0) -
TheWetSheep (0) -
juicebox (1) - Imic
fillipk (1) - TheWetSheep
ReynTheLord (0) -
UXLZ (1) - fillipk
TheBiggerFish (0) -
No Lynch (0) -

Not Voting (7) - FallacyofUrist, Tiruin, Weirdo, ReynTheLord, UXLZ, TheBiggerFish, TheDarkStar

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2016, 12:11:54 pm »

TWS

Quote from: hector13
I'm not sure you should be saying something like that when you devoted all of your time to a case that was based on something that happened in the first 4 hours of the game.
I don't see how when it happened matters at all.

Well you did say you found it suspicious that I was pressuring other people after you pointed out I hadn't done so within the first 4 hours of an approximately 132 hour D1 - a point in the game I'm fairly sure everyone will agree was RVS, I think only about 6 people had said anything at that point. You also said RVS questions didn't have any inherent value to them, but spent half of D1 focusing on an incident that occurred slap bang in the middle of the RVS period.

I mean, it initially seemed like you were poking for a reaction, but then you carried it on for far too long for that, and then ignored other things that I was doing. Then you said this:

Hector: I saw you as mildly defensive because you attacked only the questions asked to you. I wanted to see how far I could push it.

Which doesn't make sense to me because you pushed it without really getting a read on me, and as far as I can tell, not much content given my story didn't change.

What were you pushing it for? Did you have a goal in mind for when you would stop pushing it, or did you just give up because I said the main point of your case was weak?

However, I assume you have a read on me? That's what scumhunting is s'posed to do. Perhaps you'd like to share it? Maybe with some supporting evidence from our interaction?
I'll admit, I didn't get a strong read - but before you call me out on that, think for a bit. Do you get a good read every time you pressure someone? Especially experienced players? (I don't actually know how experienced you are.)

Basically, you aren't definitively scummy. But nothing that you've said makes me think that you're town either. Head leans town, gut leans scum. I'll wait on it.

Generally I will push someone until I get a strong(er) reading one way or another, so again, this doesn't make sense to me. I have done more than what initially piqued your suspicions, but you don't appear to have applied that to your scumhunting/read of me, which seems very... cavalier? As though everything that happens outside of your interactions doesn't matter, or won't influence what you're doing or thinking.

TBF

My commentary is as follows:No, I'm not going to randomly drop into this argument just because you asked me.

I have got on at you about not generating content a lot - in this game and beyond - and you were handed an opportunity to provide your thoughts on two players here, which allows people to get a bit of a read on you too... as well as ask questions of your own to one or both parties. Why on Earth did you decide to brush it off?

It makes it look like you don't want to participate, which makes it look like you don't have a town motive.

Do you want people to vote for you? Is that what it's going to take to get you involved?

TDS

Unvote because my TWS vote was from RVS.

I am still here. Not in favour of extending, this is long enough.

Why? Do you have further thoughts on who could be scum?

juicebox, Imic, hector13, fillipk: Are you all comfortable with keeping your vote from RVS? We currently have a 5-way tie for the lynch and exactly one of those votes (a pressure vote from TWS) is even semi-serious.

Yes, FoU is troubling me the most. I'm trying to figure out why.

fillipk

UXLZ. This one I plan on keeping for now.

Could you summarise your case, please?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2016, 12:20:40 pm »

@hector:Why did I decide to brush off FoU?  It was kind of transparently trying to drag me into an argument that's longer than my screen, and I just do not like those on general principle.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2016, 01:11:30 pm »

You have the (now second-)most posts in the game. Nobody has a read on you, and you've actively refused to take part in the game.

FoU wasn't trying to make you take part in an argument, he was trying to make it look as though he was putting pressure on you to satisfy my suspicions against him.

You have 26 posts, and 15 questions.

You're getting into things the more the game goes on, but...

Please, just read through the argument FoU and I are having and comment on it. There's no "wrong" way of going about it, people may take issue with certain priorities you have, make you defend certain things to get a better read on you, that kind of thing. Not bad things, if you're town.

Ask questions of each of us if you think there's something you need clarified.

Consider whether or not the positions each of us take would make more sense from a Town, Scum or Third-Party motivation. This is something you may not get a clean feel for even after a bit of clarification and pressure - especially TPs, as there are a lot of them and they aren't all necessarily bad - and it is only D1, so you basically have to make guesses a lot of the time, but it'll help you in the long run to get into that habit, as town and scum.

I'll ask for clarification if I want to know more about something you say or if I don't understand, FoU will probably be a dick about something*, but he'll be posting things in hypotheticals so they can be safely ignored.

The town needs you to do more than shitpost and offer excuses on why you're not participating. They need to get a read on you.

* speculation.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2016, 02:09:04 pm »

:o
That's some reaserch. You'd be good at papers, please.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2016, 07:56:37 pm »

FoU wasn't trying to make you take part in an argument, he was trying to make it look as though he was putting pressure on you to satisfy my suspicions against him.
Nope.
~~~
FoU

Spoiler: 'cause big (click to show/hide)

Sooner or later, you're going to explode my head with a really large post.
~~~
[1]. Yes. That's what we all do, to some extent.
[2]. I'm attacking your methods. Not you. Your methods. Anyways: Like I said, if you focus on the small things, you'll miss the big things. The big picture. How things connect. Why these two non-scummy things become scummy when viewed together.
[3]. That's probably going to be a post in itself. If I do that, it'll be sometime after this post.
[3 again.]. Oooh, new word!
[4]. Low rate of return.
[5]. Quote what? Also, it may not be visible yet in this game in particular, but in a different game.
[6]. I'm going to go ahead and say that at least one of the hypothetical scenarios I asked was based on an actual ability I had. Also, you're misinterpreting what I said. I was referring to "content" as "conversation".
[7]. So... read everybody, basically? You do the same, and I'll get right on it.
[8, 9]. Why? Are you just trying to occupy my time with meaninglessness to decrease my effectiveness?
[10]. Statements two and three, I guess.
[11]. I am defending myself. By answering your questions.
It may not be the way you like somebody to defend yourself, but I'm fairly sure it's still a defense.
[12]. See [2].
[13]. I was trying to draw him into this argument. More conversation, more chances for one of us to trip up if we're scum.
[14]. My day play style is basically "winging it", I've realized.

[15]. Seriously. These things are getting ridiculously large.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2016, 01:24:51 am »

One sec I need to try something.
Unvote
TheDarkStar Unvote
FallacyofUrist Unvote
Imic Unvote
Tiruin Unvote
Hector13 Unvote
TheWetSheep Unvote
Juicebox Unvote
Fillipk Unvote
ReynTheLord Unvote
TheBiggerFish Unvote
UXLZ

Votecount please.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 25, 2016, 01:47:47 am »

Unvote
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 25, 2016, 01:48:48 am »

Why are we doing this
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2016, 08:44:42 am »

Day will end Wednesday October 26th, 12:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.  1 extension left for this day.

Vote Count
------------------------
TheDarkStar (0) -
FallacyofUrist (1) - hector13
Imic (1) - juicebox
Tiruin (0) -
Weirdo (0) -
hector13 (0) -
TheWetSheep (0) -
juicebox (0) -
fillipk (1) - TheWetSheep
ReynTheLord (0) -
UXLZ (1) - fillipk
TheBiggerFish (0) -
No Lynch (0) -

Not Voting (8) - FallacyofUrist, Tiruin, Weirdo, ReynTheLord, UXLZ, TheBiggerFish, TheDarkStar, Imic

Votecount please.
You could just ask if there was an error in the previous votecount.  Which there was.
EDIT:  And has now been corrected.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2016, 08:57:47 am »

I'm fairly sure it's October 25 right now.

Day will end Wednesday October 24th, 12:30 PM Central Time.

So either the day is over, or you need to make a correction.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2016, 09:03:17 am »

Well, nevermind. juicebox
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2016, 09:42:22 am »

I'm fairly sure it's October 25 right now.

Day will end Wednesday October 24th, 12:30 PM Central Time.

So either the day is over, or you need to make a correction.

Wednesday is the 25th, so I'm inclined to think that we have another day.

Well, nevermind. juicebox

Why are you voting for juicebox? Why did you change your mind twice?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2016, 09:46:38 am »

One sec I need to try something.
Unvote
TheDarkStar Unvote
FallacyofUrist Unvote
Imic Unvote
Tiruin Unvote
Hector13 Unvote
TheWetSheep Unvote
Juicebox Unvote
Fillipk Unvote
ReynTheLord Unvote
TheBiggerFish Unvote
UXLZ

Votecount please.
Dude, what.

What are you doing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35