Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60201 times)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2016, 08:49:20 pm »

FoU:
TheWetSheep: Hypothetical scenario: You have a night ability that lets you choose 3 players, have one die at random, and learn the roles of the other two. Under what circumstances would you use it?
If I was scum, as soon as possible. Otherwise, if we mislynched at MYLO or if maybe there were three people I suspected heavily (though this is unlikely).

TDS:
Hey TheDarkStar! You're scum!

Hey, how'd you know!

jk TWS
Nice. What're you doing?

hector13:
Of the multitude of posts made so far, why focus on that?
Why is this an issue, man?
Getting defensive already, hm?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2016, 08:59:29 pm »

Now how about you answer the question, Fish?
~~~
hector: Hypothetical scenario: You have a power that gives you total control over the lynch for a day, but only provided you were lynched the day before(the power revives you after that occurs). Would you attempt to actively use this power, and if so, how and why?
Weirdo: I have a mystery ability. Fillipk put Mystery as part of his role generation. Do you think everybody has a mystery ability?
juicebox: Hypothetical scenario: you receive an ability that prevents you from winning while you have it, but is extremely useful for your win condition. How would you go about using it/removing it?
TheBiggerFish: Do you think I am too fond of hypothetical scenario RVS questions?
UXLZ: Hypothetical scenario: It's MYLO(the mod confirmed it), and there are 4 players left. You are a 1-shot day role cop who has not yet used it. One player is claiming to be a survivor, one is claiming as a player with a 1-shot resurrect used during the night, and one player is claiming to be vanilla. Who do you inspect? Or do you not inspect?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2016, 09:14:58 pm »

TWS

hector13:
Why is this an issue, man?
Getting defensive already, hm?

As I've already stated, that discussion was borne from my misinterpretation of what TBF was saying.

He was clarifying the question from FoU, whereas I thought he was revealing there was an assassin after him.

Anyhow, what am I being defensive about?

FoU

hector: Hypothetical scenario: You have a power that gives you total control over the lynch for a day, but only provided you were lynched the day before(the power revives you after that occurs). Would you attempt to actively use this power, and if so, how and why?

The useful part of the power is that I'd have to get lynched the previous day. I'm not entirely sure how I'd go about getting lynched, but assuming it happens, I'd get to examine the cases on the wagon against me because it would be likely to have some aniti-town sentiment on it. I'd do that in the night phase to be prepared for the following day, and then maybe wait a RL day to see what happens (cases continued against me and things like that) before revealing that I control the lynch.

This would allow people to convince me to vote for a particular person - or not, as the case may be - as I'm not a big fan of one person controlling the lynch sans input. I mean if I can't convince others to lynch the person I have a case against, there's something wrong with that case.

You are asking a lot of hypothetical questions. What do you hope to gain from them?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2016, 09:47:09 pm »

Hm. Strategic ideas, I'm thinking.

Also hoping to trip people up a bit, as RVS questions are generally used for.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2016, 11:33:29 pm »

UXLZ: Hypothetical scenario: It's MYLO(the mod confirmed it), and there are 4 players left. You are a 1-shot day role cop who has not yet used it. One player is claiming to be a survivor, one is claiming as a player with a 1-shot resurrect used during the night, and one player is claiming to be vanilla. Who do you inspect? Or do you not inspect?

God, you're just wasting the ability randomly selecting people like that. Wait until it looks like someone's going to be lynched, then inspect them to see if they should actually be lynched.

Everybody: Hypothetical scenario: One player is an assassin who needs you dead in order to win. You have a list of three players, one of which is the assassin. What do you do to find out the assassin's identity?
Re

Just keep in mind but mostly ignore them. If the Assassin is good, you aren't likely to notice anyway, and too much paranoia could lead to you trying to stop another player from winning all game (while tunneling on the wrong person as a threat) rather than win yourself.

Everyone:
Please choose three random people as Scum. You don't have to look for any signs or such things, just select them from the player list.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2016, 11:41:04 pm »

Seems a bit pointless selecting them at random. What's that meant to do, pressure them? "You selected me at random, you're not generating content by doing that."

FoU, 'cause at least one of those hypotheticals is him asking advice on how best to play his role.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2016, 12:01:12 am »

Day will end Monday October 24th, 12:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Vote Count
------------------------
TheDarkStar -
FallacyofUrist - hector13
Imic -
Tiruin -
Weirdo - fillipk
hector13 - TheWetSheep
TheWetSheep - TheDarkStar
juicebox -
fillipk -
ReynTheLord -
UXLZ -
TheBiggerFish -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - FallacyofUrist, Imic, Tiruin, Weirdo, juicebox, ReynTheLord, UXLZ, TheBiggerFish

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2016, 12:03:35 am »

Seems a bit pointless selecting them at random. What's that meant to do, pressure them? "You selected me at random, you're not generating content by doing that."

FoU, 'cause at least one of those hypotheticals is him asking advice on how best to play his role.

It's an experiment. Just do it. Look up and down the player list a few times then rattle off whatever it is you feel like.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2016, 12:51:08 am »

All it does is reveal inherent bias. You, FoU and TDS.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2016, 03:22:00 am »

I did not get a pm, I think that my E - mails are broken for the time being, so count me out of the game.
Edit: they're fixed noe, so I got my rile. Will read over the thread so far...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:24:35 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2016, 05:45:04 am »

Imic: Editing posts is very much against the rules in almost all mafia games.

UXLZ
Everyone:
Please choose three random people as Scum. You don't have to look for any signs or such things, just select them from the player list.
Me, Tiruin, ReynTheLord.

Hector13:
As I've already stated, that discussion was borne from my misinterpretation of what TBF was saying.

He was clarifying the question from FoU, whereas I thought he was revealing there was an assassin after him.

Anyhow, what am I being defensive about?
It doesn't really matter what you were talking about - the fact that you're jumping at him for questioning you is super sketchy. Especially here:
By the 'multitude of posts', you mean the six previous ones with hardly any content? Why would you rather he go after someone else?

Everyone:
Ah, I see. Misinterpretation on my part. I thought you were saying you had an assassin after you in reality. My mistake.
Not to my knowledge, hector.

Am I alone in thinking that this post feels... off somehow? I can't really place it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2016, 08:33:20 am »

Probably true, even if I don't know it yet. Anyways, how is that scummy?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2016, 08:44:19 am »

I did not get a pm, I think that my E - mails are broken for the time being, so count me out of the game.
Edit: they're fixed noe, so I got my rile. Will read over the thread so far...
As TWS noted, no editing posts in mafia games.  This is your warning. 

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2016, 09:14:47 am »

@FoU:A little.  It seems to be a bit silly.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2016, 09:43:21 am »

ReynTheLord:Sorry, Woke up late. Not voting On anything today, electshuns arent until damn november, URP. Nothin suspicious going on yet.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35